Author Topic: Obituaries for 2021  (Read 51180 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Obituaries for 2021
« Reply #600 on: August 30, 2021, 06:30:06 am »
I really think we are doing this whole aging thing all wrong.

Sex, drugs and rock and roll seems to be more effecitve  than heart blood pressure meds. 8888huh 8888huh

@berdie

At a MINIMUM they are a LOT more fun,and Betty White has always struck me as a fun gal.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #601 on: August 30, 2021, 06:33:09 am »
I think Keef is more than two standard deviations from the mean in that group...

@Smokin Joe

@All

Ok,who here DOESN'T want to see Keef on an episode of "The Walking Dead"?
!
What a hoot THAT would be.

I am guessing that if asked,he would laugh and say "Hell,YEAH!"

Offline verga

« Reply #602 on: August 30, 2021, 12:08:45 pm »

Big loss, imho..

My fav...Older Whiskey, younger women, faster horses....more moneeee. :laugh:
Amen  :amen:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #603 on: August 30, 2021, 06:11:01 pm »
Iron Butterfly drummer Ron Bushy dies at 79: Only band member to appear on all six studio albums passes away in LA

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9938015/Iron-Butterfly-drummer-Ron-Bushy-dies-79-band-member-appear-albums-passes-away.html

Ron Bushy, drummer for the band Iron Butterfly, has died according to TMZ.

The musician, 79, passed away at the UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles surrounded by family.

A cause of death has not been announced, but Bushy had been battling some form of cancer. 

Bushy was the only member of Iron Butterfly to appear on all six of their studio albums.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline berdie

« Reply #604 on: August 30, 2021, 07:40:47 pm »
It's been tough for drummers of late.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #605 on: August 30, 2021, 09:58:05 pm »

In true Spinal Tap fashion
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online rustynail

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #607 on: September 02, 2021, 09:15:16 pm »
Well, the lady made famous in Grand Funk’s “We’re An American Band”, Connie Hamzy isn’t “ doing her act” anymore.  Sweet, sweet Connie, forever immortalized by Grand Funk, has passed away at 66.  Maybe only a footnote in rock and roll history, but that’s more than most of us can say.  At least Charlie Watts will have some company.

https://www.columbian.com/news/2021/aug/31/sweet-connie-in-grand-funk-railroad-hit-dies/

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #608 on: September 03, 2021, 10:36:25 am »

Yep. I’ll be gutted if the drummer from Def Leppard is next.

Pete Best and Ringo are still with us too. Come to think about it, so is Maureen Tucker
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 10:37:32 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #609 on: September 04, 2021, 08:19:37 pm »
Willard Scott, Legendary TODAY Weatherman, Dies at 87

The legendary TODAY weatherman known for his exuberant personality and launching the tradition of celebrating fans who reached the century mark — died this week, TODAY's Al Roker has confirmed. He was 87 years old.

Scott, who joined TODAY in 1980, may have been best known for wishing happy birthday to fans turning 100, a feature that soared in popularity over the years, with images of centenarians appearing on Smucker's jelly jars while Scott recognized them in front of millions of viewers.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/willard-scott-legendary-today-weatherman-dies-at-87/3256919/

RIP, Sir
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #610 on: September 04, 2021, 09:10:31 pm »
Scott is also (in?)famous for originating the role of Ronald McDonald.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #611 on: September 05, 2021, 01:21:13 am »
Willard Scott was synonymous with the word "weatherman" when I was a kid growing up in MD.

RIP, sir, and thanks for the sunny mornings, even when it was raining.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #612 on: September 05, 2021, 01:24:29 am »
Willard Scott was synonymous with the word "weatherman" when I was a kid growing up in MD.

RIP, sir, and thanks for the sunny mornings, even when it was raining.

He kept Smuckers alive! 

Online libertybele

« Reply #613 on: September 05, 2021, 01:31:54 am »
Honestly the name sounds familiar, but I really don't have much recollection of the man. I didn't watch much TV as a kid or teenager either.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #614 on: September 06, 2021, 09:45:37 pm »
'The Wire' actor Michael K. Williams dead at 54
Police said they responded to Williams' Brooklyn apartment at 2 p.m. on Monday, where they found the actor deceased.
Sept. 6, 2021, 4:46 PM EDT / Updated Sept. 6, 2021, 5:21 PM EDT
By Kalhan Rosenblatt

Emmy-nominated actor Michael K. Williams, best known for his role on the Baltimore-based HBO series "The Wire," has died, a New York City Police spokesperson confirmed on Monday. He was 54.

Police said they responded to Williams' Brooklyn apartment at 2 p.m. on Monday, where they found the actor deceased.

Officials say an investigation is ongoing. ...
NBC News

I've seen elsewhere that he had drug issues.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #615 on: September 06, 2021, 09:48:13 pm »
Three Comedians Including Fuquan Johnson Dead From Fentanyl As It Pours Over The Southern Border
September 6, 2021
 By Haley Strack

A tainted batch of fentanyl-laced cocaine killed comedian Fuquan Johnson and two other victims and left comedian Kate Quigley hospitalized on Sunday night, amid a growing crisis of fentanyl surging across the southern border.

Johnson and fellow comedians Enrico Colangeli and Natalie Williamson died at a Venice home on Sunday as the result of an apparent overdose, TMZ reported. In a screenshot shared to Twitter, Quigley, former girlfriend of singer-songwriter Darius Rucker, told a friend she was “not great” but was “Ok.” ...  The Federalist

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #616 on: September 06, 2021, 10:29:09 pm »
Three Comedians Including Fuquan Johnson Dead From Fentanyl As It Pours Over The Southern Border
September 6, 2021
 By Haley Strack

A tainted batch of fentanyl-laced cocaine killed comedian Fuquan Johnson and two other victims and left comedian Kate Quigley hospitalized on Sunday night, amid a growing crisis of fentanyl surging across the southern border.

Johnson and fellow comedians Enrico Colangeli and Natalie Williamson died at a Venice home on Sunday as the result of an apparent overdose, TMZ reported. In a screenshot shared to Twitter, Quigley, former girlfriend of singer-songwriter Darius Rucker, told a friend she was “not great” but was “Ok.” ...  The Federalist

@mountaineer

Party with hood rats,die like a hood rat.

I don't feel sorry for any of these people. They were all in their 30's or 40's,and should have known better.

Play stupid games,win stupid prizes.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 10:32:42 pm by sneakypete »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #617 on: September 06, 2021, 10:36:07 pm »
@mountaineer

Party with hood rats,die like a hood rat.

I don't feel sorry for any of these people. They were all in their 30's or 40's,and should have known better.

Play stupid games,win stupid prizes.
You could also add these three to the Biden body count, as it is Biden border policies lending to the dramatic increase in the availability of Fentanyl.

Lunchbox Joe is on track to make the Clintons look like small timers when it comes to stackin' em up.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #618 on: September 06, 2021, 10:48:08 pm »
You could also add these three to the Biden body count, as it is Biden border policies lending to the dramatic increase in the availability of Fentanyl.
Absolutely.
 And, no, I have no sympathy for people who die from taking stupid lethal drugs.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #619 on: September 06, 2021, 11:07:47 pm »
Jean-Paul Belmondo, the battered face of French New Wave cinema, dies aged 88
Published 6th September 2021

The legendary French actor Jean-Paul Belmondo has died aged 88, his lawyer, Michel Godest, said on Monday.

The cause of his death was not disclosed.

The son of French sculptor Paul Belmondo and painter Sarah Rainaud-Richard, Belmondo was born into an artistic family in Neuilly-sur-Seine in 1933, Reuters reports.  ...

But he was best known for his breakthrough performance as the dangerous yet romantic criminal Michel in the 1960 film "Breathless," where he worked with film director Jean-Luc Godard and starred alongside American actress Jean Seberg.
Belmondo soon became a vanguard of "La Nouvelle Vague" or New Wave -- a French cinematic movement in the 1950s and 60s, where practitioners used experimental narrative and stylistic techniques to revolutionize the big screen. ... CNN

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #620 on: September 07, 2021, 01:29:18 am »
NBC News

I've seen elsewhere that he had drug issues.

The New York Post and TMZ reported that a drug overdose is suspected because drug paraphernalia was found in the apartment.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #621 on: September 07, 2021, 01:38:56 am »
They all ranged from 33 to 48.

Fentanyl or no, doing cocaine on the north side of 30 is rolling the dice. At 48, are you kidding me?
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #622 on: September 07, 2021, 08:02:46 am »
Absolutely.
 And, no, I have no sympathy for people who die from taking stupid lethal drugs.

@mountaineer

I do if they are teens. I have zero sympathy if they are adults.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #623 on: September 07, 2021, 08:10:48 am »
They all ranged from 33 to 48.

Fentanyl or no, doing cocaine on the north side of 30 is rolling the dice. At 48, are you kidding me?

@Free Vulcan

At that age,I think it is more a case of fulfilling a death wish than it is an accidental death.
The man was a VERY talented actor,and had it all going for him and decided to piss it away by acting like a foolish teenager.

BTW,I used to take practically every drug known to mankind back when I was in my early 20's. I came out of it one day and realized I had MAYBE lost a whole year,maybe even more,that I knew nothing of. Had no idea where,if anywhere I had be living or working,and didn't even remember buying the car I owned.

That was the day I decided too much was enough,and other that whacky tabaccy and prescription medicine for specific illnesses,have never taken another drug. I even quit smoking and drinking.

I quit smoking pot several years later after coming down with COPD.

After all,how much fun COULD I have been  having when I wasn't able to remember any of it?

I also have to admit I can personally take no real credit for doing this. I was lucky enough to be born without an addictive personality. Most people seem to not be this lucky.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 08:12:06 am by sneakypete »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #624 on: September 07, 2021, 11:11:51 pm »

Remembering legendary attorney Walter Umphrey
JEFFERSON COUNTY — Legendary attorney Walter Umphrey, who helped pioneer asbestos litigation and represented the interests of Southeast Texans for more than 50 years, has died. He was 85 years old.

Clayton Thompson Funeral Home in Groves confirms with KFDM/Fox 4 that "Walter Umphrey died today at his home in Beaumont, surrounded by his loving family."

Funeral arrangements are pending with Clayton-Thompson.

Umphrey was born in Southeast Texas but his legal accomplishments and skill, and the work of his law firm, were known across the nation.

His firm was one of five in the state that helped win a landmark lawsuit against the tobacco industry.

https://kfdm.com/news/local/remembering-legendary-attorney-walter-umphrey
==================================================================

Not exactly a household name nationally, but if you have ever lived in SE Texas or SW Louisana, you should be  very familar with this iconic lawyer.
Was never a big fan of tort lawyers, but it was always hard not to respect this guy's work, and what he was able to accomplish.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.