Author Topic: Obituaries for 2021  (Read 51169 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Obituaries for 2021
« Reply #525 on: August 04, 2021, 10:10:41 pm »
Guys, this is the obituary thread.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #526 on: August 04, 2021, 10:25:14 pm »

@mountaineer

My sincere apologies.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #527 on: August 05, 2021, 05:23:36 pm »
AFL-CIO chief Richard Trumka dies at 72

AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka has died at the age of 72, the labor organization said Thursday.

"The labor movement, the AFL-CIO and the nation lost a legend today,” AFL-CIO Communications Director Tim Schlittner said in a statement.

“Standing on Rich’s shoulders, we will pour everything we have into building an economy, society and democracy that lifts up every working family and community.”

Trumka reportedly died of a heart attack.

more
https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/566524-afl-cio-chief-richard-trumka-dies-at-72
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

« Reply #528 on: August 05, 2021, 05:26:48 pm »
No comment

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #529 on: August 05, 2021, 05:30:36 pm »
AFL-CIO chief Richard Trumka dies at 72

AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka has died at the age of 72, the labor organization said Thursday.

"The labor movement, the AFL-CIO and the nation lost a legend today,” AFL-CIO Communications Director Tim Schlittner said in a statement.

“Standing on Rich’s shoulders, we will pour everything we have into building an economy, society and democracy that lifts up every working family and community.”

Trumka reportedly died of a heart attack.

more
https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/566524-afl-cio-chief-richard-trumka-dies-at-72

He looked like a union thug straight out of central casting.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #530 on: August 05, 2021, 05:52:21 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #531 on: August 05, 2021, 05:55:18 pm »
One more Communist thug bites the dust. I only wish the IRS had the stones to edit his savings and investments,and then compare them to the salary he paid taxes on over the decades.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #532 on: August 05, 2021, 07:40:38 pm »
A heart attack? Probably too much rich living on the backs of union rank and file.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #533 on: August 05, 2021, 07:45:48 pm »
I am going to say it.  The man is dead, but I would tell him to his face the following:

Trumpka's death may be a good thing for the coal industry.  Look what happened to coal with him in a key role.  They had their heads handed to them, and yet, he continued to support the Obama/Biden nonsense.

No lawyer was born that I have a kind thought about.  Like sneakypete, I think if this guy was investigated, really investigated and not a sham investigation, he would be sitting on millions with questionable origin.

I grew up in a union household.  My father was a steelworker.  My mother, she ate and breathed unions, although never a union member.  I saw the leadership of unions as a total betrayal to the rank and file.  I still see it.  They were all self serving.  It is the leaders of unions and their mindset that drove a great deal of industry out of the USA. 

This guy was no friend to the rank and file.  False praise from Biden, from my view.

Online corbe

« Reply #534 on: August 05, 2021, 09:11:51 pm »
   Wonder what he had on hellary?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #535 on: August 05, 2021, 09:15:03 pm »
I am going to say it.  The man is dead, but I would tell him to his face the following:

Trumpka's death may be a good thing for the coal industry.  Look what happened to coal with him in a key role.  They had their heads handed to them, and yet, he continued to support the Obama/Biden nonsense.

No lawyer was born that I have a kind thought about.  Like sneakypete, I think if this guy was investigated, really investigated and not a sham investigation, he would be sitting on millions with questionable origin.

I grew up in a union household.  My father was a steelworker.  My mother, she ate and breathed unions, although never a union member.  I saw the leadership of unions as a total betrayal to the rank and file.  I still see it.  They were all self serving.  It is the leaders of unions and their mindset that drove a great deal of industry out of the USA. 

This guy was no friend to the rank and file.  False praise from Biden, from my view.

Growing up in the Detroit area and the whole Jimmy Hoffa 'incident'. I've always associated unions with the Mafia.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #536 on: August 05, 2021, 11:06:09 pm »

Hear ya on that. Grew up in a rabid union area. I can't tell you how many thousands of jobs they cost us because of their antics.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #537 on: August 06, 2021, 02:18:56 pm »
I learn at a young age to hate unions. The good paying jobs in my town were union jobs but you couldn't get those job unless you had a union card. Every job interview ended with "Go down to the union hall and get your card, come back and we'll put you to work.  Every trip down, the same thing happened.  Some fat ass cigar smoking slob refused a card to me and many others.  The two excuses were: You weren't connected, ie your family isn't in a union job or we can't give you a card because you would take a job away from one of our lazy members who could be fired from a job by an employer if you work to hard.  What a racket. In my eyes unions discouraged hard work. 

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #538 on: August 06, 2021, 02:30:26 pm »
I learn at a young age to hate unions. The good paying jobs in my town were union jobs but you couldn't get those job unless you had a union card. Every job interview ended with "Go down to the union hall and get your card, come back and we'll put you to work.  Every trip down, the same thing happened.  Some fat ass cigar smoking slob refused a card to me and many others.  The two excuses were: You weren't connected, ie your family isn't in a union job or we can't give you a card because you would take a job away from one of our lazy members who could be fired from a job by an employer if you work to hard.  What a racket. In my eyes unions discouraged hard work.

I worked a union job for a few years in my youth, learned a lot about how they work (pretty much the same way your legislative representation does) and never have had another union job since. 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 02:34:37 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline MOD3

« Reply #539 on: August 06, 2021, 03:28:21 pm »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #540 on: August 06, 2021, 07:39:30 pm »
I'll allow it—given that Trumka is the most powerful union official in America and most of the conversation here is related to the influence of unions, and by extension the deceased, have on American life.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #541 on: August 06, 2021, 08:26:06 pm »

Must be a union Mod.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #542 on: August 07, 2021, 06:05:59 pm »
'LEGENDARY SHOWMAN' Kool & The Gang saxophonist Dennis Thomas dies aged 70 as he’s remembered as the ‘quintessential cool cat’
    Jon Rogers
    13:41 ET, Aug 7 2021  Updated: 14:03 ET, Aug 7 2021

KOOL & The Gang’s co-founder and saxophonist Dennis “Dee Tee” Thomas has died at the age of 70.

The legendary funk outfit confirmed his death Saturday saying he “passed away peacefully in his sleep” in New Jersey.

No cause of death was given.

“An original member of Kool & The Gang, Dennis was known as the quintessential cool cat in the group, loved for his hip clothes and hats, and his laid-back demeanor,” the group said in a statement. ... The Sun

Online mountaineer

« Reply #543 on: August 08, 2021, 12:18:42 pm »
Markie Post Dies: Actress Known For ‘Night Court’, ‘The Fall Guy’ & More Was 70
August 7, 2021 10:51pm
Matt Grobar
Markie Post, the actress known for turns in Night Court, The Fall Guy, Hearts Afire and more, died on Saturday, following a three year, ten month battle with cancer. She was 70.

Post’s manager, Ellen Lubin Sanitsky, confirmed her passing to Deadline.

Born on November 4, 1950 in Palo Alto, California, Post got her start in entertainment by working behind the scenes on game shows, including Split Second, earning an associate producer credit on Alex Trebek’s Double Dare, and appearing before the camera as a card dealer on NBC’s Card Sharks. ...
More at Deadline

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #544 on: August 08, 2021, 01:06:11 pm »
Matt GrobarMore at Deadline

I just saw this in my news feed. It’s been a sad year for “Night Court” alumni. Rest In Peace, Miss Post.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #545 on: August 08, 2021, 01:17:46 pm »
Dadgum... Bobby Bowden dies.

Bobby Bowden, whose homespun charm and coaching savvy turned the Florida State Seminoles into a football superpower, died on Sunday morning. He was 91.

Terry Bowden, son of the legendary coach, confirmed to The Associated Press that his father died at home surrounded by family. “It was truly peaceful,” Terry Bowden said in a text message to AP.

Bowden won more major-college games than anyone except Penn State’s Joe Paterno. He retired following the 2009 season with a record of 377-129-4, but the numbers don’t reflect the impact he had on college football in general and FSU in particular.

The school was ready to drop football when Bowden arrived in 1976. He quickly transformed it into a football brand name with appeal far beyond Tallahassee.

Bowden was a combination coach, preacher and public-relations guru. As college football exploded into a multibillion-dollar business, Bowden’s folksy demeanor put a spell on recruits, fans and even the dadgum media.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-state-seminoles/os-sp-fsu-coach-bobby-bowden-dies-20210808-2xosahqhbfg33fdp3lx3mi26ya-story.html

Online mountaineer

« Reply #546 on: August 08, 2021, 01:33:48 pm »
He coached at WVU, too, and did a great job.

Mr. M, who attended WVU for both undergraduate and graduate school, complained that Bowden was called "Bow Down" by fans, because he rarely went for it on 4th down - almost always punting. Mr. M claims that cost them a few games.  :shrug:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 05:45:29 pm by mountaineer »

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #547 on: August 08, 2021, 01:43:10 pm »
He coached at WVU, too, and did a great job.
In the movie "We Are Marshall"  If Bobby Bowden did as portrayed as Head coach at WVU, it was a damn classy act.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #548 on: August 08, 2021, 02:23:41 pm »
Dadgum... Bobby Bowden dies.

Bobby Bowden, whose homespun charm and coaching savvy turned the Florida State Seminoles into a football superpower, died on Sunday morning. He was 91.

Terry Bowden, son of the legendary coach, confirmed to The Associated Press that his father died at home surrounded by family. “It was truly peaceful,” Terry Bowden said in a text message to AP.

Bowden won more major-college games than anyone except Penn State’s Joe Paterno. He retired following the 2009 season with a record of 377-129-4, but the numbers don’t reflect the impact he had on college football in general and FSU in particular.

The school was ready to drop football when Bowden arrived in 1976. He quickly transformed it into a football brand name with appeal far beyond Tallahassee.

Bowden was a combination coach, preacher and public-relations guru. As college football exploded into a multibillion-dollar business, Bowden’s folksy demeanor put a spell on recruits, fans and even the dadgum media.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-state-seminoles/os-sp-fsu-coach-bobby-bowden-dies-20210808-2xosahqhbfg33fdp3lx3mi26ya-story.html

8888crybaby

Yes,  even though I am a diehard Gator fan,  I always respected Coach Bowden as a good Christian man.    It was a great rivalry because of him. College Football greatly misses guys like Coach Bowden.

Coach, "Run The Steps" up to Heaven.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #549 on: August 08, 2021, 02:33:04 pm »
Matt GrobarMore at Deadline

@mountaineer

I always liked her,and the characters she portrayed. She was a fine actress IMNSHO.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 02:34:54 pm by sneakypete »