Author Topic: GOP[Toomey] senator says he'll block consent for $2,000 stimulus checks  (Read 1067 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senator says he'll block consent for $2,000 stimulus checks
By Alexander Bolton - 12/29/20 06:41 PM EST

Republican Sen. Pat Toomey (Pa.) on Tuesday evening announced he would object to a request to swiftly pass House-approved legislation to increase the amount of direct stimulus checks to $2,000.

Toomey is one of several Republican senators who would object to such a request, including Sens. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) and Rand Paul (R-Ky.), according to a Senate GOP aide.

“Congress should continue helping workers who’ve lost their jobs. But blindly borrowing more than $600 billion so we can send $2,000 checks to millions of people who haven’t lost any income is terrible policy. I won’t consent to a vote on that,” Toomey tweeted Tuesday evening.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/532028-gop-senator-will-block-consent-for-2000-stimulus-checks
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 12:16:57 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: GOP[Toomey] senator says he'll block consent for $2,000 stimulus checks
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 12:15:28 am »
Loeffler and Perdue thank you...................../s
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 12:22:47 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 12:20:36 am »
Did Toomey block consent for $1 of useless foreign aid in a bill to help American citizens?

I really despise the GOP.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 12:24:10 am »
One America News
@OANN

#BREAKING: Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell introduces competing bill for $2K stimulus checks. It would also repeal Section 230 and set up commission to study voter fraud.

5:57 PM · Dec 29, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/OANN/status/1344054942932189184

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 12:32:10 am »
The House has all gone home... :shrug:

Thank's Mitch..you just lost Ga
Support the USO

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 12:43:30 am »
Did Toomey block consent for $1 of useless foreign aid in a bill to help American citizens?

They will soon be dissolved.  There is no longer any reliable, worthy, conservative leadership.  McConnell is useless. Very few GOP Senators are taking a stand.  Cruz and Paul.  That's about it.

Meanwhile ... McCarthy tweets:

Kevin McCarthy
@GOPLeader
·
2h
15 Democrats voted against Nancy Pelosi for Speaker last time. 10 of them are coming back. If those 10 Democrats vote against her again—she will no longer be Speaker of the House.

At this point, what difference does it make?  She will be replaced with someone far more radical.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 12:44:49 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 01:14:20 am »
Mc Connell isn't useless, he has pulled democrats fat out of the fire numerous times. Trying to give foreigners $1,800 while only giving citizens a paltry $600, the de3mocrats came under fierce heat, which the democrats quickly backed off.  Behind closed doors Mitch obviously agreed to take over from the democrats and ram the disgusting pork bill down the Presidents and the American peoples throats McConnell demands the Presidents investigations into election voter fraud be ended, clearly to save too many democrats going to prison.  Is there any doubt the deep state has its tentacles into both parties?  McConnell is one of their best owned/bought whores.  When democrats get too deep in over their head, they can count on some Republicans to pick up the democrats banners and carry the dirty work on for them.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 01:29:17 am »
Mc Connell isn't useless, he has pulled democrats fat out of the fire numerous times. Trying to give foreigners $1,800 while only giving citizens a paltry $600, the de3mocrats came under fierce heat, which the democrats quickly backed off.  Behind closed doors Mitch obviously agreed to take over from the democrats and ram the disgusting pork bill down the Presidents and the American peoples throats McConnell demands the Presidents investigations into election voter fraud be ended, clearly to save too many democrats going to prison.  Is there any doubt the deep state has its tentacles into both parties?  McConnell is one of their best owned/bought whores.  When democrats get too deep in over their head, they can count on some Republicans to pick up the democrats banners and carry the dirty work on for them.

The DEMS own McConnell and can pull his puppet strings at will.  He therefore is useless to conservatives in general, is a disgrace to the initial principles of the Republican party and is useless.

Where was he when the GOP had a larger majority for several years??  Performing a horse and pony show and playing the blame game while accomplishing nothing for the party and siding with the DEMS. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 03:19:27 am »

I agree and that is a RINO;  These  RINO'S are always harming Americans.  I keep this list.  The SAME RINO GROUP...over and over again. Old post below, from me.

I will never forgive the DIRTY DOZEN!  DEMON-RATS..THEN RINO'S..fighting against president.   
-----------------------------------------------------------
The 12 Senate Republicans who voted AGAINST PRESIDENT TRUMP for NATIONAL EMERGENCY ON BORDER;

Roger Wicker of Mississippi,
Marco Rubio of Florida,
 Rob Portman of Ohio,
 Susan Collins of Maine,
 Lisa Murkowski of Alaska,
 *****************************Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania,
 Roy Blunt of Missouri,
 Lamar Alexander of Tennessee,
 Mitt Romney of Utah,
 Rand Paul of Kentucky,
Jerry Moran of Kansas
and Mike Lee of Utah.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2020, 07:46:46 am »
GOP senator says he'll block consent for $2,000 stimulus checks
By Alexander Bolton - 12/29/20 06:41 PM EST

â€œCongress should continue helping workers who’ve lost their jobs. But blindly borrowing more than $600 billion so we can send $2,000 checks to millions of people who haven’t lost any income is terrible policy. I won’t consent to a vote on that,” Toomey tweeted Tuesday evening.

@mystery-ak

He's right. The people who have lost their income or who are working at minimum wage levels are the only ones that should be receiving those checks,not people like me who have retirement incomes coming in.

And I say that even though I am going to get one of those checks myself.

And "NO,I will NOT be returning the check. What purpose would that serve,when they would just give the money to someone else who doesn't need it,either.

The ONE thing you can count on is that Congress is NEVER going to return ANY money to the US Treasury. Not EVER.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2020, 07:50:43 am »

Very few GOP Senators are taking a stand.  Cruz and Paul.  That's about it.

@libertybele

Cruz may be the smartest lawyer in the US Senate,but the SOB can only be counted on to speak out when he needs his face on tv,or if HIS election is threatened. Even then he doesn't mean it. He gets his national news clip,and goes back to sleep.

Paul is sincere,but too dogmatic and too often wrong.

Come to think of it a bit,they may STILL be the best two alleged Republican Senators.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2020, 07:52:52 am »

The DEMS own McConnell

@libertybele

Not really. I think the Chinese own him.

He's far from being the only one they own,too.

The ones they don't own,they just rent.

Offline dancer

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2020, 09:18:31 am »

Not really. I think the Chinese own him.

He's far from being the only one they own,too.

The ones they don't own,they just rent.
China owns most of our government.   tri22 
So sad what they've done to our country.   In the end, we will win, but not without grave danger. 
It's nigh time to water the Tree of Liberty.
When they show us who they really are, it's time to believe them and prepare to act accordingly.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 09:20:55 am by dancer »

Offline christian

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2021, 06:22:24 am »
After DECADES of democrats ramming through that China get most favored trade status and giving China generous amounts of our money, technology, industry there and shipping their people here.  We find China more invasive and threatening than a severely invasive weed.  Democrats have their finger prints all over this threat to our system and way of life, and it produced much of the same problems to other nations around the world.  Lying, thieving, America hating, democrats made this threat and a great many other threats to this nation that now challenge our very existence.  22222frying pan
That hath the democrat party wrought?
 Anarchy, rebellion, a government that mimics the very wickedness of kings of old.
 22222frying pan :smokin: 22222frying pan
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 06:24:47 am by christian »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2021, 06:29:37 am »
After DECADES of democrats ramming through that China get most favored trade status and giving China generous amounts of our money, technology, industry there and shipping their people here.  We find China more invasive and threatening than a severely invasive weed.  Democrats have their finger prints all over this threat to our system and way of life, and it produced much of the same problems to other nations around the world.  Lying, thieving, America hating, democrats made this threat and a great many other threats to this nation that now challenge our very existence.  22222frying pan
That hath the democrat party wrought?
 Anarchy, rebellion, a government that mimics the very wickedness of kings of old.
 22222frying pan :smokin: 22222frying pan

@christian

Dimocrats and RINO's are the reason why rope and pitchforks are still being sold in hardware stores.

BTW,I give the typical Dim voter a LOT more slack on treason than I do the typical RINO voters. The Dims are mostly too stupid to understand the consequences of what their votes and support brings down on America.

The typical RINO doesn't have that excuse. They are motivated by selfish self-interest.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 06:31:33 am by sneakypete »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2021, 07:36:55 am »
We are fast approaching the number of dead in World War II for the USA, all caused by a supposed enemy state's release of a Level 4 disease, and our government has said nothing but to call it the China Virus at the scorn of Democommies and our traitorous media.  Anyone doubting China has seized this nation without a bullet being fired is naive.

Now, we have a blatant national election steal, and the GOP has a spine as strong as an over cooked piece of linguini.

Traitor Joe will be installed as POTUS on January 20th, unless he checks out before, which is not likely.

The ONLY thing to stop the total end of the republic will be the win of the Georgia Republican senators.  And presently, Trafalgar has both Dems in the lead. 

I encourage all of you to learn how to do stock puts.  A lot of money to be made with the coming collapse in the market. 

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 07:38:42 am by jafo2010 »

Offline christian

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2021, 02:21:03 pm »
We live in a time of ultrarich globalist, lead by old nazi gold Soros, own and manipulate our government leaders-politicians and Judges by evidence gathered on Epstein Island and who knows how many other criminal endeavors. When the clintons stated running wild and murder-suicides became a norm, we had to know the nation was in deep trouble.  The murder of the Kennedys started us down this road, with the CIA's fingerprints all over it, why wasn't the FBI doing its job then?  Way too many coincidences.
 So look around you and see how we got to where we are. 
(Looks like many of the useful fools/stooges left and/or are taking a break.)
 22222frying pan
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 02:22:19 pm by christian »

Offline SnoopRonnyRon

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2021, 02:40:42 pm »
After watching this pissing contest in the government over the last few weeks, I wanted to throw in my 2 cents.  Full disclosure, I am not one of the people who needs the checks, and did not get the full $600 because of where I fall on the economic scale.  I'm perfectly fine with giving $2,000 to those who need it, or even to anyone that falls under the economic scale that the government listed to receive the benefit.  I'm OK with it, because it is going to people in the US who are affected by COVID, as we all have been in one way or another.  What I'm not happy with is using the COVID Relief bill for non-COVID reasons, like giving Jordan money to build a wall or to find out if Americans will eat bugs, or whatever other non-COVID crap is in the bill.  If they took the money away from the BS stuff, and gave it to American people instead, that would help everyone in the country (and would probably cost us less money in the long run).

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2021, 02:46:05 pm »
After watching this pissing contest in the government over the last few weeks, I wanted to throw in my 2 cents.  Full disclosure, I am not one of the people who needs the checks, and did not get the full $600 because of where I fall on the economic scale.  I'm perfectly fine with giving $2,000 to those who need it, or even to anyone that falls under the economic scale that the government listed to receive the benefit.  I'm OK with it, because it is going to people in the US who are affected by COVID, as we all have been in one way or another.  What I'm not happy with is using the COVID Relief bill for non-COVID reasons, like giving Jordan money to build a wall or to find out if Americans will eat bugs, or whatever other non-COVID crap is in the bill.  If they took the money away from the BS stuff, and gave it to American people instead, that would help everyone in the country (and would probably cost us less money in the long run).

My thoughts exactly!

btw @SnoopRonnyRon welcome to TBR
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 02:47:51 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2021, 03:10:37 pm »
I encourage all of you to learn how to do stock puts.  A lot of money to be made with the coming collapse in the market.

@jafo2010

You realize that this is a 2 sided coin in post-Biden dystopian economy.  There is near a 50% chance pedo joe justs keeps upping the deficit and we keep propping up this house of cards credit card style, and things spiral into a hyper inflationary disaster.  Shorting the market in that scenario? No thanks......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2021, 08:09:21 pm »
We already have inflation.  I used to buy a dozen beef filets, and I haven't done that in awhile.  Filets are $25 a pound in the store I shop in.  I don't even remember the last time I had a filet.  It's been awhile!

Biden will be labelled the Chaos President, because the sh*t is going to hit the fan.

Offline christian

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2021, 05:14:04 am »
The democrats, with their pockets full of money, much of it foreign.  Have to decide what their money masters say, and what evidence Epstein accumulated as they were corrupting/molesting or murdering little Children on pedophile Island.  Some very high ranking judges should be in jail and maybe executed, not just politicians.  Its what happened when world socialists/Communists infiltrated our Country over many decades.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2021, 12:29:18 pm »
We are fast approaching the number of dead in World War II for the USA, all caused by a supposed enemy state's release of a Level 4 disease, and our government has said nothing but to call it the China Virus at the scorn of Democommies and our traitorous media.  Anyone doubting China has seized this nation without a bullet being fired is naive.

Interesting comparison, in that we are spending a bit more than was spent on WWII.  Only this time we wanted to keep a couple of hundred thousand 90 year olds alive, rather than prevent world domination by Axis powers.  In a couple of years we're going to be left with same dead elderly, universal basic income, and an ascendant China.

Offline christian

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2021, 12:33:25 am »
Pay attention to people that don't mind extreme spending by government to deadbeats, foreign corrupt nations and their people, but want to put on a bawling fit that money goes to the American people who are the ones who end up having to pay for it all.  While their jobs are shipped away and their money devalued.  The one world economy/money system that requires our money system to collapse.  That is big on why the unbelievable spending is going on, they still are determined Americans get little or none of it.  A one world global economy currency will make the planet the toy of the rich that none dare challenge.

Offline christian

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2021, 06:12:18 pm »
Romney is a picture perfect example as to why Mormons have had such tough times getting accepted in our society, and continues to show why?  Trusting their ways is detrimental to the American ways and America.