Author Topic: Atlanta Mayor Slammed After Surge Of Murders, Responds, ‘I Welcome The Suggestions’  (Read 462 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Atlanta Mayor Slammed After Surge Of Murders, Responds, ‘I Welcome The Suggestions’
By  Hank Berrien
•
Dec 29, 2020   DailyWire.com

After a surge in murders in her city and harsh criticism from a city councilman who accused the city’s administration of lying about the “steady outflow of our officers,” Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, who reportedly had been considered for a position in presumptive President-elect Joe Biden’s cabinet, responded by saying, “If there are solutions that we have not explored and enacted, I welcome the suggestions.”

As the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported, “Atlanta’s homicide count is the highest it’s been in more than two decades following a violent Christmas weekend that left three people dead across the city.”

Last week, a seven-year-old girl, Kennedy Maxie, was shot in the head by a stray bullet while she was Christmas shopping with her family. She died on Saturday night.

City Councilman Howard Shook appeared to blast both Bottoms and Atlanta Police Interim Chief Rodney Bryant last week, asserting, “I don’t want to hear the word ‘uptick.’ Stop minimizing our concerns by telling us that ‘crime is up everywhere. Spare us from the lie that the steady outflow of our officers isn’t as bad as it is. And please, not another throw-away press conference utterly devoid of game-changing action steps.” The Journal-Constitution noted, “Both Bottoms and Atlanta police Interim Chief Rodney Bryant have used similar language when discussing the spike in homicides in recent months.”

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/atlanta-mayor-slammed-after-surge-of-murders-responds-i-welcome-the-suggestions
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

‘Police Reform’ Efforts Behind Atlanta Crime Wave, Leaders Say

https://www.dailywire.com/news/police-reform-efforts-behind-atlanta-crime-wave-leaders-say

Atlanta, Georgia’s, community leaders are lashing out at that city’s mayor, Keisha Lance Bottoms, over what they say are disastrous “police reform” efforts that have left residents feeling unsafe — and may have resulted in a child’s death.

Atlanta, like many major cities, is in the midst of a violent crime wave that began in July, following massive, national anti-racism protests that demanded law enforcement agencies be defunded and in some cases, disbanded.
Leaders, who say the incident is evidence that violence in Atlanta has gotten out of hand, blame the mayor and her police reform policies which, they claim, have made them and their communities less safe.

“It is obvious that the civilian authorities do not control the streets and cannot provide even a token feeling of safety,” one former city council member said in a statement.

“It will take a lot to turn this around, he said, adding that there “are the three things we need to begin: Leadership; Some leadership; Any leadership.”

Another referenced Bottoms’ police reform efforts specifically.

“I don’t think that we’re doing effective policing right now because I don’t think we’re putting enough resources and attention to it like we are with the police reform work that we’re doing. We have to do both,” current city council member J.P. Matzigkeit said. “We have to tackle this. I have said that we are at war with crime, and we need to act like it.”

How many of these "leaders" initially cheered what they now condemn? It's not like the "Ferguson Effect" is a new thing.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Stop attacking police officers for doing their jobs well.

2. Counter-attack activists who attack and slander police officers for doing their jobs properly.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thackney

Bottoms on defunding police: Matter of 'reallocating funds' which Atlanta is 'ahead of the curve' on
https://www.11alive.com/article/news/local/protests/atlanta-mayor-bottoms-on-defunding-police/85-bd8370a6-2a9b-48c5-a1ca-7d4cd85f37b4
June 10, 2020

The mayor has articulated her position on growing calls from activists to significantly scale back police powers through budget cuts.

Atlanta mayor says city has been ‘defunding the police’ for the last few years
https://www.reporternewspapers.net/2020/06/11/atlanta-mayor-says-city-has-been-defunding-the-police-for-the-last-few-years/
Jun 11, 2020

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Atlanta proposes to spend $1.6million on private police force for wealthy suburb - known as 'The Beverly Hills of the East' - as Dem star mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms admits she doesn't know how to stop crime wave after 7-year-old girl is shot dead

Atlanta city council members have proposed a $1.6million plan to create a private police force in Buckhead, one of its wealthiest suburbs
    Comes after Kennedy Maxie, 7, was shot in the head by a stray bullet after Christmas shopping with her family on December 21
    The proposal has so far been backed by local law enforcement and members of Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms' administration
    It seeks to develop a private security force using 'extra duty' law enforcement officers from local and state agencies
    Atlanta saw three people fatally shot over the Christmas holiday weekend
    Murders bring homicide count this year to 155, the highest since 1998

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9097377/Atlanta-proposes-spend-1-6million-private-police-force-wealthy-suburb.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Quoting my favorite comedian....   

Dear Mayor...   You just can't fix stupid.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.