Author Topic: NFL Week 16: Three games you can't miss  (Read 657 times)

rangerrebew

NFL Week 16: Three games you can't miss
« on: December 29, 2020, 12:57:28 pm »
by Noah Niederhoffer
 | December 27, 2020 10:24 AM

We are hurtling toward the end of the NFL regular season, so let's get right to it.

Last week my picks went 2-1 overall and 0-2 against the spread (with one push). That brings me to 28-17 straight up this season and 22-21 against the spread (with two pushes).

Carolina Panthers (4-10) at Washington Football Team (6-8), 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS

Washington, which started the year 2-7, is now in position to potentially clinch the division with a win and some help. The NFC East has been horrific this year, but Washington rattled off wins against the Bengals, Cowboys, the previously unbeaten Steelers, and the 49ers before losing a close one to the Seahawks last week.

Ron Rivera’s Washington squad has a lot of momentum and confidence right now. One of the storylines getting a lot of attention this week is that Rivera is facing his former team, the Carolina Panthers. I don’t think that will impact this game much at all. One team has a lot to play for, and the other one doesn’t.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/nfl-week-16-three-games-you-cant-miss?utm_source=deployer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Beltway+Confidential&utm_term=www.washingtonexaminer.com&utm_content=20201228151805

rangerrebew

Re: NFL Week 16: Three games you can't miss
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 01:02:08 pm »
Can't miss?  CAN'T MISS? :mauslaff: :laughingdog:     I've managed to miss every one so far this year and intend to keep my streak alive on these and every other game this year.  And I plan to continue my streak for the rest of my life.  There is no place in my heart for American hating, millionaire thugs. ****slapping

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 01:31:45 pm »
I quit watching years ago.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 01:51:24 pm »

Wanna bet?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 02:00:11 pm »
NFL drops the ball as TV ratings take hit over ‘woke-ism’
By Charles Gasparino
December 26, 2020 | 10:55pm
With the Super Bowl just around the corner, Monday morning quarterbacking around the NFL’s nightmare 2020 TV ratings is about to kick into high gear.

The coronavirus will surely be blamed as most games were played in supposedly sterile and fan-less stadiums. Cord-cutting will also be cited as it has younger fans watching only highlights on their smartphones instead of tuning into whole games.

But there’s one excuse you won’t likely hear all that much about, despite the fact that experts who have crunched the numbers find it’s turning fans away: People hate being told they need to be re-educated on race relations when they simply want to relax and watch a game.

Woke football seemed to be a great idea to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell when the season began amid the nationwide protests over the death of George Floyd. The country, it appeared, was truly ready to embrace social-justice issues through the preachy testimonials we now see on TV and racial-equity slogans now plastered all over stadiums.  ...
NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 04:05:05 am »
Can't miss? Watch me.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 04:20:16 am »
I only watch college football highlights now on YouTube.... Can't remember the last NFL game I watched. Just no longer give a durn to be honest, they all can stuff it.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 04:49:17 am »
Can't miss? Watch me.

Already long gone... Though I might admit... I still come on a twitch in the spring when NASCAR is starting up... No matter - I can't get at it anyhow, and it would piss me off soon enough. But I don't mind losing the NFL at all. don't even miss it. But for those of you who might, I encourage y'all to get involved with local high school and college football. There is something about it that is much better, being under blankets in the stands on a crisp early winter day... Even my daughter's junior high basketball - What an excellent pass time. Now that they're all out of high school and the grandkids are in little league and peewee.... I am still going to high school football home games and watching the Griz on TV.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 05:46:35 am »
Watch me miss them.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2020, 01:10:25 pm »
Not about the NFL's "wokeness," but amusing nevertheless:
Steveh  @hollywoodheiz
Replying to  @RMConservative
NFL;   Since Aug.1, the NFL’s testing program has "performed a total of 881,510 tests, with 222 players and 396 other personnel testing positive," per PFT's Michael David Smith.  That’s .0007%  nobody died.
7:51 AM · Dec 30, 2020·
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2020, 02:54:21 am »
Can't miss?  CAN'T MISS? :mauslaff: :laughingdog:     I've managed to miss every one so far this year and intend to keep my streak alive on these and every other game this year.  And I plan to continue my streak for the rest of my life.  There is no place in my heart for American hating, millionaire thugs. ****slapping
Good for you, virtue signaler!

As for me, if I want to watch football, I'll watch football.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024