Author Topic: California Lawmakers Want Wealth Tax That Will Follow Taxpayers When They Inevitably Move to Cheaper  (Read 1102 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California Lawmakers Want Wealth Tax That Will Follow Taxpayers When They Inevitably Move to Cheaper States

National File ^ | 12/24/2020 | Frank Salvato

As people leave the State of California in record numbers, Progressive lawmakers in that state are moving ahead with plans to enact a wealth tax that will tax a person’s net worth and even follow them out of state should they move.

Many businesses and wealthy executives are leaving the State of California because of an overreaching tax code that is bleeding the states population of their ability to accrue wealth. But that’s not stopping some state lawmakers from supporting a wealth tax proposal, even as a growing number of Californians are calling for Gov. Gavin Newsom (D), to be recalled.

The California legislature left the door open last session to enact a wealth tax proposal that would apply up to a 0.4 percent tax on the amount of a state resident’s net worth over $30 million dollars.

The bill, AB 2088, included wording that would make an individual or corporation who spent more than 60 days in California in any given year subject to some level of the wealth tax.

The degree to which a person’s wealth would be subject to the tax would be determined by the amount of time he or she spent in the state during the prior ten years.

more
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?action=post;board=108.0
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
I believe that source taxing income has already been deemed illegal by the USSC.

CA will once again become the laughingstock of the judiciary and the Nation when it has its ass rightfully handed to them in court.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Hoodat

The degree to which a person’s wealth would be subject to the tax would be determined by the amount of time he or she spent in the state during the prior ten years.

This violates Article I, Section 10 of the US Constitution.  It also violates Article I, Section 9 of the California State Constitution.

Bill text can be found here:  http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201920200AB2088
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
No Taxation without Representation.

If you aren't living there, they don't represent you (and maybe not even if you do live there...)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
All you people who are claiming they can't do this because it is un-Constitutional seem to suffering under the illusion the US Constitution is still alive and that we live in America.

The results of the last election prove neither is true.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Hoodat

All you people who are claiming they can't do this because it is un-Constitutional seem to suffering under the illusion the US Constitution is still alive and that we live in America.

The results of the last election prove neither is true.

Just pointing out that it violates the wording of the Constitution.  In no way does that imply that any judge will actually care.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No Taxation without Representation.

If you aren't living there, they don't represent you (and maybe not even if you do live there...)

I believe a war was started over this same shit.

To bad they don't teach anything but SJW revisionist history in skools anymore.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

Someone moving to California 10 years ago is being treated ten times worse than someone moving to California 1 year ago.  This violates equal protection.  In addition, each person is being punished after the fact for actions taken 1 and 10 years ago respectively.

California has been called out on ex post facto violations before.  The existing legal precedent is quite clear on this.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I sure hope no one is stupid enough to pay it. 

This would fail any jurisdictional lawsuit or challenge.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Just pointing out that it violates the wording of the Constitution.  In no way does that imply that any judge will actually care.

@Hoodat

Sad,but true.

Online Smokin Joe

I believe a war was started over this same shit.

To bad they don't teach anything but SJW revisionist history in skools anymore.
Precisely that, it was one of the rallying cries of the war.

When you believe in 50+ genders, and that if you just identify as it hard enough, you can be it, your mind is ready to accept any sort of mush. Considering the state "knowledge" is in, It's just about that point in the history cycle where we are ready to burn the books again.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 04:42:07 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This is a pattern.

The two big liberal states are seeking to extract money from people who do not continue to live or work there.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,423622.msg2349654.html#msg2349654
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
This is a pattern.

The two big liberal states are seeking to extract money from people who do not continue to live or work there.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,423622.msg2349654.html#msg2349654

In reality, any bill sent is the equivalent of a scammer trying to extract payment fraudulently. Like I said earlier in the thread, hopefully no one is foolish enough ever fall for it.  This wouldn't pass any jurisidictional muster in the first place, unless someone was dumb enough to move back.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is a pattern.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Am I the only one hoping they declare war on each other over this money?

Not that it will happen,of course. We ALL know the left cares nothing about money,right?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Quote from: catfish1957 link=topic=423727.msg23 888mouthmer trying to extract payment fraudulently. Like I said earlier in the thread, hopefully no one is foolish enough ever fall for it.  [b
This wouldn't pass any jurisidictional muster in the first place, unless someone was dumb enough to move back.[/b]

@catfish1957

People who have moved to another state and still own Real Property in Ca may have problems,though. I ain't no lawyur and don't even play one on teebee,but I suspect there is nothing preventing them from placing attachments on any Real Property still owned in Ca. At the rate things are going,it wouldn't take long before the fines are more than the actual cash value of the property,and the state just forecloses and now owns your property.

Not sure how much good that will do them because there won't be anyone left living in Ca by that point with the money to buy property but the uber wealthy,and they will all be giving tax exceptions because they bribe the politicians or ARE the politicians.

In another 10 years,the whole damn left coast will be another 3rd world county economically,with all the wealth in the hands of a few "connected" people,and everyone else being either a  serf or a peasant.

The good news for the serfs and peasants are they will FINALLY get the equality they have been demanding.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
@catfish1957

People who have moved to another state and still own Real Property in Ca may have problems,though. I ain't no lawyur and don't even play one on teebee,but I suspect there is nothing preventing them from placing attachments on any Real Property still owned in Ca. At the rate things are going,it wouldn't take long before the fines are more than the actual cash value of the property,and the state just forecloses and now owns your property.

Not sure how much good that will do them because there won't be anyone left living in Ca by that point with the money to buy property but the uber wealthy,and they will all be giving tax exceptions because they bribe the politicians or ARE the politicians.

In another 10 years,the whole damn left coast will be another 3rd world county economically,with all the wealth in the hands of a few "connected" people,and everyone else being either a  serf or a peasant.

The good news for the serfs and peasants are they will FINALLY get the equality they have been demanding.

Good points, but those in this tax bracket usually have Trusts set up to prevent this kind of shennanigans.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

@catfish1957

They may go even beyond that.

California is crazy enough to seize stocks issued by California-based companies that might be owned by these people.  Plenty own Apple or Google.

If they try, the purchase of stock in California companies will dry up pretty fast,  or these companies may simply relocate to a friendlier state, but never put anything past these people in their quest to take people's money.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 04:42:39 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Good points, but those in this tax bracket usually have Trusts set up to prevent this kind of shennanigans.

@catfish1957

I wasn't talking about the elites. NOTHING can touch THEM but bullets.

I was talking about all the unwashed swine,including the college "intellectuals" who are still promoting Marxism.

The Uber wealthy do not and never have supported Marxism. They just like the idea of cheap labor from starving subjects.

Online Smokin Joe

@catfish1957

The Chinese will be lined up to buy...and they already own the politicians.

The serfs and peasants better learn Mandarin if they want an inside job.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 07:41:37 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis