Author Topic: Dominion Voting Systems employee sues Trump campaign, Newsmax, and OAN owner for defamation  (Read 490 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dominion Voting Systems employee sues Trump campaign, Newsmax, and OAN owner for defamation
by Mike Brest, Breaking News Reporter |
 | December 23, 2020 08:36 AM

An employee of Dominion Voting Systems, a company that has been the target of election-related conspiracies, has filed a defamation lawsuit against those who supposedly pushed conspiracy claims, including the Trump campaign, Newsmax, and One America News Network's parent company, Herring Networks.

Eric Coomer, the company’s director of product safety and security, filed the suit in Denver on Tuesday. He alleges the 14 defendants promoted unverified election-related conspiracy theories involving Dominion, which put his personal safety at risk, according to the Denver Post.

The defendants include the Trump campaign and Rudy Giuliani, the lead attorney for the campaign; Sidney Powell, another attorney who has worked adjacently to the campaign in their election court battles; Joe Oltmann, a conservative activist who has accused Coomer of treason; and conservative media commentators Michelle Malkin and Eric Metaxas. Media outlets named in the suit are Conservative Daily, Oltmann’s podcast; The Gateway Pundit and its founder Jim Hoft; Herring Networks and one of the network’s anchors, Chanel Rion; and Newsmax.

“Without concern for the truth or the consequences of their reckless conduct, defendants branded Dr. Coomer a traitor to the United States, a terrorist and a criminal of the highest order,” the lawsuit reads. It alleges that Coomer "has been vilified and subjected to an onslaught of offensive messages and harassment" and that he was "forced" to leave his home "in response to multiple credible death threats."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dominion-voting-systems-employee-sues-trump-campaign-newsmax-oan
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Let's move straight to discovery, shall we?   :smokin:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Let's move straight to discovery, shall we?   :smokin:

Yup.  That could prove interesting.   :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RinVa beat me again.

The first thing I thought when I read the title was, "discovery ought to prove interesting"...

rangerrebew

Perhaps this should be called the "Sandman Effect" because these individuals are tired of being accused, without proof, of some political wrongdoing and are more willing to sue for damages as did Nick Sandman.  I would venture to say many media companies, left and right, are going to have to pony up large sums of money for their bias, distortions, and lies. ****slapping

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis