Author Topic: McConnell and GOP told to back Trump: ‘They all won because of him’  (Read 145 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell and GOP told to back Trump: ‘They all won because of him’
by Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets Columnist |
 | December 22, 2020 02:46 PM

A group of lawmakers who back the White House challenge to the election is growing angry with Republican naysayers, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, believing President Trump deserves their support because he worked overtime to help them win reelection.

“He supported them, and they all won because of him,” said incoming Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene in an interview.

“Listen, President Trump gave rallies in every single state. He supported every single Republican running for office. He did fundraisers for them, and I’m talking about Mitch McConnell too. He did fundraisers for all of them, he tweeted for them, he supported them,” said Greene, who organized a Trump meeting Monday with a group of House Freedom Caucus members.

“Now it’s time for Republicans to look at the hard truth and step out of the shadows and get involved and get into this fight,” she said, adding, “If they can’t do what’s right, truthful, and honest, and stop a stolen election, then I don’t know why they want to be an elected member of Congress.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/mcconnell-gop-told-to-back-trump-they-all-won-because-of-him
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

McConnell has been a senator since 1984. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Trump helped him win any of those races he's won since he became a senator.
If Trump was the reason so many down ballot Pubbies won their races, why didn't he do better? Surely, the people who voted for those down ballot Pubbies because they loved Trump would have voted for Trump as well, right?