Author Topic: Several members of Congress just finished a meeting in the Oval Office with President Trump  (Read 376 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Several members of Congress just finished a meeting in the Oval Office with President Trump
Mark Meadows, Dec 21, 2020, Twitter

Mark Meadows
@MarkMeadows

Several members of Congress just finished a meeting in the Oval Office with President @realDonaldTrump, preparing to fight back against mounting evidence of voter fraud.

Stay tuned.

6:03 PM · Dec 21, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/MarkMeadows/status/1341157317451124745

Rep. Jody Hice
@CongressmanHice

Big meeting today with @realDonaldTrump, @VP, the President's legal team, @freedomcaucus and other Members of Congress.

I will lead an objection to Georgia's electors on Jan 6.

The courts refuse to hear the President's legal case.

We're going to make sure the People can!

7:35 PM · Dec 21, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/CongressmanHice/status/1341180474975268870

Trump Confirms He Spoke With ‘Great Gentleman’, Alabama Senator-Elect Tommy Tuberville, Projects Optimism About January 6 Challenge
National File, Dec 21, 2020

President Donald Trump confirmed this week that he has spoken via telephone with Alabama Sen.-elect Tommy Tuberville, and appeared to be feeling optimistic about Tuberville’s willingness to contest the electoral college results of the 2020 election on Jan. 6.

“I spoke to a great gentleman, Tommy Tuberville, last night, and he was so excited. He said, ‘You made me the most popular politician in the United States,'” Trump stated during an appearance on New York Radio station 770 WABC. “He said, ‘I can’t believe it.’ He’s great. Great senator.”

Tuberville had previously stated that he would “fight hard” for President Trump, as reported last week by National File:

In a video edited together by a left-wing activist on Twitter, Tuberville said “They’re going to steal it” in reference to the Senate runoff election in Georgia. He also showed support for President Donald Trump’s claims of a rigged election, noting “It’s impossible, it’s impossible what happened” in reference to Joe Biden’s purported victory.

“We’re going to get that all corrected,” Tuberville promised. “Don’t give up on [Trump].”

When asked to elaborate later on what “tricks up your sleeve” Senate Republicans may have to help with contesting the election, Tuberville stated, “Well, you see what’s coming. You’ve been reading about it in the House, we’re going to have to do it in the Senate.”

“We’re going to fight hard,” Tuberville promised.

[...]

Republican Sens. John Thune (R-S.D.), Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) have all indicated that they will not support the President on Jan. 6.

https://nationalfile.com/trump-confirms-he-spoke-with-great-gentleman-tommy-tuberville-projects-optimism-about-january-6-challenge/

Republican Sens. John Thune (R-S.D.), Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) have all indicated that they will not support the President on Jan. 6.

Here's where the Republican Party splits into two separate ones   pointing-up

Freshman Congressman Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) Says He Will Contest 2020 Election On January 6
National File, Dec 21, 2020

Representative-Elect Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) has declared that he will contest the electoral college results of the 2020 election during the congressional certification of the results on January 6.

Cawthorn made the announcement at Turning Point USA’s Student Action Summit in West Palm Beach, Florida, where he was delivering a keynote speech.

“In a lot of these liberal swing states, which have liberal Governors and liberal Secretaries of State, you can see they have broken the law and gone against our Constitution in this election,” Madison Cawthorn stated in his speech.

“And because of that, on January 6 – the people of western North Carolina sent me to do a job – I will be contesting the election!”

Cawthorn joins other incoming members of Congress such as Rep.-elect Barry Moore (R-AL) and Rep.-elect Marjorie Taylor-Greene (R-GA) in joining the effort, which was pioneered by Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL). Since then, numerous rising stars within the party have signed on, including Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), Rep. Paul Gosar (R-AZ) and Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-AL).

https://nationalfile.com/madison-cawthorn-says-he-will-contest-2020-election-on-january-6/

Rep. Ted Budd
@RepTedBudd

Yes, I plan to object on January 6th.

MILLIONS of Americans saw what I saw:

- Voter safeguards removed
- No signature verification
- Outdated voter rolls
- Ballots accepted after Election Day
- Poll watchers denied access

#WeThePeople will keep fighting for @realDonaldTrump

1:01 PM · Dec 22, 2020·Twitter Web App