Author Topic: Robert E. Lee statue removed from US Capitol  (Read 241 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Robert E. Lee statue removed from US Capitol
« on: December 21, 2020, 01:45:02 pm »
By Dominick Mastrangelo - 12/21/20 08:25 AM EST

A statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee was removed from the U.S. Capitol overnight.

The statue has stood with one of America's first president, George Washington, as the state of Virginia's contribution to the National Statuary Hall Collection at the Capitol for more than 100 years. 

Virginia Governor Ralph Northam, a Democrat, announced on Monday the state will seek to have it replaced with a statue of civil rights icon Barbara Johns.
ADVERTISEMENT

“We should all be proud of this important step forward for our Commonwealth and our country,” Northam said. “The Confederacy is a symbol of Virginia’s racist and divisive history, and it is past time we tell our story with images of perseverance, diversity, and inclusion. I look forward to seeing a trailblazing young woman of color represent Virginia in the U.S. Capitol, where visitors will learn about Barbara Johns’ contributions to America and be empowered to create positive change in their communities just like she did.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/531103-robert-e-lee-statue-removed-from-us-capitol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Robert E. Lee statue removed from US Capitol
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 02:06:24 pm »
By Dominick Mastrangelo - 12/21/20 08:25 AM EST

A statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee was removed from the U.S. Capitol overnight.

The statue has stood with one of America's first president, George Washington, as the state of Virginia's contribution to the National Statuary Hall Collection at the Capitol for more than 100 years. 

Virginia Governor Ralph Northam, a Democrat, announced on Monday the state will seek to have it replaced with a statue of civil rights icon Barbara Johns.
ADVERTISEMENT

“We should all be proud of this important step forward for our Commonwealth and our country,” Northam said. “The Confederacy is a symbol of Virginia’s racist and divisive history, and it is past time we tell our story with images of perseverance, diversity, and inclusion. I look forward to seeing a trailblazing young woman of color represent Virginia in the U.S. Capitol, where visitors will learn about Barbara Johns’ contributions to America and be empowered to create positive change in their communities just like she did.”

more
Eh, Ralph, what about this racism displayed?

Are the fake black or the black hater here?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 02:09:01 pm »
Northam says what about being "racist"?

Even Newsweek published: Think About This Before You Tear Down that Robert E. Lee Statue in 2017.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2020, 04:12:12 pm »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2020, 04:19:34 pm »
As times and centers of power  change, the same fate will happen to MLK, Che', and Malcolm X statues. 

Too bad I won't be alive to see it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.