Author Topic: A Betrayal of American Freedom By Roger Kimball  (Read 106 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A Betrayal of American Freedom By Roger Kimball
« on: December 20, 2020, 02:50:27 pm »
A Betrayal of American Freedom

It is a mournful, and usually sanguinary, alternative that awaits those who barter freedom for the simulacrum of normality.

By Roger Kimball
December 19, 2020

At the moment, the world seems to be divided into two camps.

One camp belongs to those who believe that Joe Biden, notwithstanding some possible election “irregularities,” won the 2020 presidential election fair and square. A corollary of this belief is the conviction that Donald Trump, by refusing to concede and go graciously into the good night of political defeat, is behaving badly (one venue even describes his behavior as a “disgrace”).

The second camp, which is where I reside, holds that the 2020 election was inherently fraudulent, that the fraud was perpetrated in ways large and small over many months, and that it appears to have cost Donald Trump the election. I say “appears” because the reality, I believe, is that Donald Trump won by a significant margin but that voter fraud obscures that reality.

The first camp seems to be the larger of the two and its membership is growing quickly as more and more erstwhile supporters of the president fold their tents and make their peace with “President-elect Biden.” Mitch McConnell, the Senate Majority Leader, was a recent high-profile defector from President Trump’s side.

Or maybe he is only a realist who sees the writing on the wall, not to mention the headlines in the papers and on CNN.

Over the last few weeks, I have written about the election so many times that my fingers feel hoarse.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2020/12/19/a-betrayal-of-american-freedom/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34