Author Topic: Rand Paul: “The Election, in Many Ways, was Stolen”  (Read 784 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Rand Paul: “The Election, in Many Ways, was Stolen”
« on: December 17, 2020, 12:22:30 am »
The Post & Email 12/16/2020

HEARING ON ELECTION "IRREGULARITIES"

â€œThe fraud happened; the election, in many ways, was stolen,” said Sen. Rand Paul as he was speaking during a Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Committee’s hearing on Wednesday morning.

At the time (approximately 11:28 a.m. ET), Paul was questioning witness Judge Kenneth Starr about reported issues and claims of violation of law during the November 3, 2020 election.

In his comments, Paul said he believes election law made by the Pennsylvania legislature forbade changes made by administrative election personnel to provide for the widespread casting of mail-in ballots against the backdrop of the coronavirus pandemic.

More: https://www.thepostemail.com/2020/12/16/rand-paul-the-election-in-many-ways-was-stolen/

Offline roamer_1

Re: Rand Paul: “The Election, in Many Ways, was Stolen”
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 12:24:12 am »
Uh oh... Here we go...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 12:35:38 am »
He's right and I commend him for not remaining silent.  Cruz offered to present the case.  Paul has opened his mouth.  Where in the heck is the rest of our GOP to defend us and in reality to defend our Constitution??? Silence, passiveness and rolling over once again to corruption!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2020, 01:27:56 am »
OK, Rand, on January 6th...  put your money where your mouth is and object in the Senate to the Biden electors, forcing a Senate vote...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 01:33:27 am »
OK, Rand, on January 6th...  put your money where your mouth is and object in the Senate to the Biden electors, forcing a Senate vote...

I think he will.  It will be interesting to see if anyone else comes forward.  Maybe Cruz?  I don't think anyone else will.  Wouldn't it be wonderful to see the entire GOP Senate come together on this?? Never going to happen as the Turtle has already welcomed Sloe Joe and the rest of the GOPe anxious to get back to business at the ole country club.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 01:35:35 am »
   Cruz needs to step up, especially now that Paul didn't sink when he stepped in it.  There's something that's going on, with the few Conservative Senators that we have, I just can't wrap my brain around.   

Eerie Silence and these are the Guys we expect to lead us out of this mess, if possible.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2020, 01:38:37 am »
Rand probably has his back up over recent personal experiences. Who can blame him.

I wish other Republicans had half as much pluck.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2020, 01:45:42 am »
   Cruz needs to step up, especially now that Paul didn't sink when he stepped in it.  There's something that's going on, with the few Conservative Senators that we have, I just can't wrap my brain around.   

Eerie Silence and these are the Guys we expect to lead us out of this mess, if possible.

Cruz did stick his neck out and was ready to represent the lawsuit which I'm sure didn't win him any brownie points among Mitch and the other SOB's in the Senate.

At this point @corbe I'm not counting on anyone in Congress to lead us out of this mess ... I was hoping Cruz ... but he has two kids and I doubt he wants that target on his back. 

The GOP will be dissolved during the mid terms ... they will all be voted out of office.  I think Cruz has already seen the writing on the wall and is probably planning accordingly.

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2020, 01:50:58 am »
    We got Mo in the House and Paul in the Senate, I think we only need one other Senator to have any hope, at all. 
    Am I holding my breath, NO, (unless I just took a hit off the pipe).   
    I have lived the last 20 years expecting nothing AND rarely being disappointed, it works well for me.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2020, 02:38:34 am »
Rand probably has his back up over recent personal experiences. Who can blame him.

I wish other Republicans had half as much pluck.

Rand Paul is more libertaran than most conservatives would like (me not included)... But I don't recall him going wobbly according to his principles.. Not once.

Hard to tell from this little bit, but i do believe that if this declaration is as it seems, he is fixin to go balls to the wall. That's how he does.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2020, 02:48:27 am »
Kelly Loeffler, Rand Paul Among GOP Senators Undecided on Objecting to Biden's Electors

Newsweek By Mili Godio On 12/16/20

https://www.newsweek.com/kelly-loeffler-rand-paul-among-gop-senators-undecided-objecting-bidens-electors-1555285

Despite Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell warning senators against objecting to the election results on January 6, some GOP senators, including Kelly Loeffler of Georgia and Rand Paul of Kentucky, publicly expressed that they're still undecided on whether to object to Joe Biden's electors in 2021.

The presidential electors gave Biden a majority of 306 electoral votes to President Donald Trump's 232 Monday, decisively confirming Biden as the nation's next president.

Moments after casting her vote in the Georgia Senate runoff election on Wednesday, Loeffler, who is up for reelection against Democratic challenger Raphael Warnock on January 5, told reporters that she "hasn't looked at" whether she'll object to the election results, but noted that there's a possibility that things could play out differently before January.

"I haven't looked at it," Loeffler said, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "January 6 is a long way out, and there's a lot to play out between now and then."

When questioned by reporters, Loeffler continued to avoid acknowledging Biden's win, instead saying, "My focus right now is on my race." Both Loeffler and Sen. David Perdue—who is also up for reelection in a Georgia runoff race—have refused to accept the election results.

On Tuesday, a day after the Electoral College vote affirmed Biden's victory, Loeffler tweeted her support for Trump and his baseless claims of fraud in the election.

"I will never stop fighting for @realDonaldTrump because he has never stopped fighting for us!" the Republican senator wrote.

More at link.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2020, 02:48:35 am »
I can't wait for the Objections from House/Senate during the Electoral session on Jan 6...that's going to force a vote in the Senate in which Senators will have to pick a side. They won't be able to straddle the fence and equivocate...they will either stand against this fraud and for the 75+ million voters, or they will not. At which point, we will all know who the squishy RINO's are (along with a few who simply place personal grudge above the welfare of the nation).

By January 7th...we will know who each one of these guys really are. And that's a good thing for us as Republicans and voters.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2020, 02:57:22 am »
Wall Street Journal

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mcconnell-congratulates-biden-harris-on-election-win-11608048087

Other Republican lawmakers still hope to contest the results at a joint session of Congress on Jan. 6, when federal law requires Congress to count and certify the results of each state’s electoral vote. Rep. Mo Brooks (R., Ala.) said he would press ahead with a plan to object to votes in multiple states. It takes one member of the House and one senator to formally object and force votes in both chambers.

Incoming Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R., Ga.) is among the lawmakers also trying to recruit senators to challenge the electoral results, said a person familiar with the efforts. “She’s talking to every Republican senator to gain support for this effort,” the person said.