Author Topic: Obama: Republican Party ‘Is the Minority Party in this Country’  (Read 247 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama: Republican Party ‘Is the Minority Party in this Country’

Pam Key 16 Dec 2020

Former President Barack Obama said Tuesday on Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show” that the Republican Party is “the minority party in this country.”

Obama said, “In fact, the Republican Party is the minority party in this country. The only reason they it doesn’t look like the majority party is because of structures like the U.S. Senate and the Electoral College that don’t render them the majority party. So they have certain built-in advantages around power given their population distribution and how our government works. But the truth of the matter is that 60 percent of the people are occupying what I would consider a more reality-based universe, and those are the constituents we’re speaking to, and that is a more diverse group.”

He continued, “I describe in the book the first time I go to the Republican House caucus to speak to them. I think there was an Asian guy or gal and maybe a couple of Hispanics, and that was it. It is much more homogeneous, which means that, yes, they have to do less work. But it also means that they can talk to themselves, and as a consequence of the way our democracy, our republic is structured, they don’t have to appeal to as broad of a base.”

He added, “That’s not fair. But you know I at least would prefer not having the progressives model ourselves on the current Republican Party. That doesn’t feel like a good strategy to me to get the outcomes that we want.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/12/16/obama-republican-party-is-the-minority-party-in-this-country/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
O'Bama is everywhere lately..he is clearly running the Dem Party...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

O'Bama is everywhere lately..he is clearly running the Dem Party...

He's clearly preparing for this third term.

Online rustynail

Republican Party ‘Is the Minority Party in this Country’......and they are fine with that it seems.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Barack Obama Praises ‘Courageous’ Defund the Police Activists as Violent Crime Rates Rise
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2020/12/16/barack-obama-praises-courageous-defund-the-police-activists-as-violent-crime-rates-rise/
Support the USO

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'd have to say that obama has it right on this one.

Mitt Romney was also right with his "47%" comment back in 2012.

But it's not 2012 anymore, and that 47% has grown.

Might now be pushin' 50% or higher...