Author Topic: Mike Rowe: I Don’t Want To Pay For Your Useless College Degree  (Read 119 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Mike Rowe: I Don’t Want To Pay For Your Useless College Degree
December 16, 2020 By Jordan Davidson

In a Facebook post Monday, TV host and personality Mike Rowe denounced student loan forgiveness and encouraged people to reconsider taking on debt for a four-year degree that may not even land them a job.

“Many it seems, suspect that I’ll be supportive of these efforts since I’ve written at length about the outrageous rise of college tuition and the scandalous ways in which hundreds of thousands of students have been conned into borrowing ridiculous sums of money to purchase degrees that never lead to an actual job,” Rowe wrote.

“Well, for the record, I do not support student loan forgiveness,” he added.

Sharing a National Review article on the issue, Rowe explained that forgiving student loans is not only unfair to those who have already sacrificed to pay off their loans but it “would send a terrible message to the very same universities that already gouge their customers with sky-high tuition.”

“Tuition will never come back to Earth if we bail out those who borrowed more than they could repay,” he wrote.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/12/16/mike-rowe-i-dont-want-to-pay-for-your-useless-college-degree/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Re: Mike Rowe: I Don’t Want To Pay For Your Useless College Degree
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 04:01:53 pm »
His reaction is duly noted.  On the list.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 04:09:26 pm »
Rowe's always been a wildcard.  Has a huge fan base, but stradles the political middle pretty consistently.

I agree with him on this one though.  It is absolutely disgusting for those who have paid for their educations, to foot the bill for the leeches who are getting a free ride from Uncle Sugar
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 05:06:53 pm »
I've always liked Mike Rowe a lot.  I donate to his charity "Mike Rowe Works Foundation" through my Amazon Smile account.  They send him a cut from my purchases.  The purpose of the Foundation is to give scholarships for trade schools.  His criteria for awarding them is, "If you can write me a coherent letter on why you deserve it, I'll send it."

Here is one of his best thought-out arguments, concerning the mindlessly feel-good "Safety First" slogan:

Walk me through this “Safety Third” thing

March 24, 2020   

Ok, I’m going to need you to walk me through this whole “Safety Third” thing one more time. How can safety be anything other than first? Are you seriously suggesting that saving the economy is more important than saving lives? Now, more than ever, safety must be first, whatever the cost!

Roger Martin

Hi Roger

What I suggested in my post last week, was that Safety is not a thing to be “ranked,” but rather, a state of mind, to be applied as needed to a myriad of situations in varying amounts. But if we were to rank it, it would rarely be “first.” Were safety truly “first,” no level of risk would ever be encouraged or permitted, and no work would ever get done. Or play, for that matter.

Obviously, this does not mean that Safety isn’t a critical part of living. It is. And there are times, like right now, when extraordinary circumstances compel us to temporarily elevate safety above everything else – even our individual liberty. Which is why I’m hunkered down in my bunker, waiting for the all clear. But the notion of telling people that safety is always first, no matter the cost, is not only untrue, it’s counter-intuitive.

https://mikerowe.com/2020/03/walk-me-through-this-safety-third-thing/

I encourage folks to donate to his Foundation.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: