Author Topic: Axios: Trump won’t concede that he lost … but instead that he didn’t win  (Read 444 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Axios: Trump won’t concede that he lost … but instead that he didn’t win

Ed Morrissey Posted at 8:31 am on December 15, 2020

At the moment, Donald Trump hasn’t conceded anything. Over the last ten hours since Axios’ Jonathan Swan issued this report, Trump has retweeted various bits of news and claims that all argue that he beat Joe Biden and will shortly be recognized as the winner of the 2020 election — even though the Electoral College has now made Biden the official president-elect.

What happens when it comes down to dealing with the inevitable? Swan reports that Trump has already started crafting his post-presidency narrative. He didn’t lose … he just didn’t win:

What’s next: Sources who’ve spoken to Trump in the past few days said he’s reluctant to talk much about a 2024 run.

That’s because “it’s an acknowledgement of the end,” said one source who spoke to Trump at length in recent days. “He’ll say, ‘Yeah, I’ll probably do it. I may do it.'”

Another source said that Trump seems depressed at the realization that his backers have given up on 2020: “He’s saying, ‘We won these states, we won those states,'” and adding that what he took away from conversations with his pollster John McLaughlin was that if he could get as many votes as he did, he also must have won.

The closest Trump has come privately to admitting where this is heading, the source added, is to say, “If we don’t win, I don’t say lose. I say ‘I don’t win.'”

more
https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/12/15/axios-trump-wont-concede-lost-instead-didnt-win/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Cone on @mystery-ak  I know you feel you're doing a service by posting every media "report" on what Trump may be thinking or doing.  But Axios?  Really?  Come on, man!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mr. Trump doesn't need to "concede".

All he needs to do is get on Air Force One 11.45am on January 5th and fly south.

And say nothing more.

Offline Absalom

Mr. Trump doesn't need to "concede".
All he needs to do is get on Air Force One 11.45am on January 5th and fly south.
And say nothing more.
-----------------------------------
And hopefully landing at the South Pole w/his Golf Clubs!!!