Author Topic: NIMBY’s are making more noise than wind turbines  (Read 215 times)

rangerrebew

NIMBY’s are making more noise than wind turbines
« on: December 15, 2020, 02:26:45 pm »

By Ronald Stein |December 14th, 2020|Energy|22 Comments

There is increasing concern that electricity generation from fossil fuels contributes to climate change and air pollution. In response to these concerns, governments around the world are encouraging the installation of intermittent electricity generation projects including Industrial Wind Turbines (IWT’s).

But Whoa, Nelly! NIMBY’s (Not-In-My-Backyard) around the globe from Germany to Australia, California, New York, and Massachusetts are speaking loudly, and acting, to put a halt to the invasion of noisy wind farms in their backyards. Following numerous reports from Maryland to Canada to France on wind turbine noise, the NIMBY’s are becoming energized (no pun intended).

The National Center for Biotechnology Information located in Bethesda, Maryland (NCBI) reported that industrial wind turbine noise amplitude modulation, audible low frequency noise, tonal noise, infrasound, and lack of nighttime abatement have been identified as plausible noise characteristics that could cause annoyance and other health effects. Documented symptoms reported by individuals exposed to wind turbines, include: Sleep disturbance, Headaches, Ear pressure, Dizziness, Vertigo, Nausea, Visual blurring, Irritability, Problems with concentration and memory, and Panic episodes associated with sensations of internal pulsation or quivering when awake or asleep.

https://www.cfact.org/2020/12/14/nimbys-are-making-more-noise-than-wind-turbines/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nimbys-are-making-more-noise-than-wind-turbines

Offline Idiot

Re: NIMBY’s are making more noise than wind turbines
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 02:53:47 pm »
By Ronald Stein |December 14th, 2020|Energy|22 Comments

There is increasing concern that electricity generation from fossil fuels contributes to climate change and air pollution. In response to these concerns, governments around the world are encouraging the installation of intermittent electricity generation projects including Industrial Wind Turbines (IWT’s).

But Whoa, Nelly! NIMBY’s (Not-In-My-Backyard) around the globe from Germany to Australia, California, New York, and Massachusetts are speaking loudly, and acting, to put a halt to the invasion of noisy wind farms in their backyards. Following numerous reports from Maryland to Canada to France on wind turbine noise, the NIMBY’s are becoming energized (no pun intended).

The National Center for Biotechnology Information located in Bethesda, Maryland (NCBI) reported that industrial wind turbine noise amplitude modulation, audible low frequency noise, tonal noise, infrasound, and lack of nighttime abatement have been identified as plausible noise characteristics that could cause annoyance and other health effects. Documented symptoms reported by individuals exposed to wind turbines, include: Sleep disturbance, Headaches, Ear pressure, Dizziness, Vertigo, Nausea, Visual blurring, Irritability, Problems with concentration and memory, and Panic episodes associated with sensations of internal pulsation or quivering when awake or asleep.

https://www.cfact.org/2020/12/14/nimbys-are-making-more-noise-than-wind-turbines/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nimbys-are-making-more-noise-than-wind-turbines

We've drilled several wells directly under a wind turbine or two.  They aren't exactly quiet.  I think we calculated that the tip of the blade was moving at around 130 mph.  I used to like them, but now I hate them, since they are EVERYWHERE.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 03:11:30 pm »
These monstrosities are massacring birds.  Our western landscapes, which are among the most beautiful in the world are being visually polluted by this garbage.  I wouldn't piss on an envirowhacko if they were on fire.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 03:20:29 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 03:19:31 pm »

Translation:  The noise from wind turbines are harmful to our health, and that's the fault of the deniers complaining about the damage to their health.

How messed up is that?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: