Author Topic: Something historic happened with America's electors on Monday  (Read 146 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Something historic happened with America's electors on Monday
« on: December 15, 2020, 02:22:12 pm »
December 15, 2020
Something historic happened with America's electors on Monday
By Andrea Widburg

It's pretty easy to knock Republicans.  So often, they're the types who go along to get along.  They don't make waves.  They concede.  They willingly negotiate.  They back down.  If they're really bad, they become NeverTrumps.

And sometimes they surprise us.

On Monday, seven states, in addition to having their apparently victorious Democrat electors cast their votes for president, also authorized Republican electors to cast their votes to make a record.  It was wonderful.

I'm sure other, better writers than I will write about what happened on Monday, but here's my say.  Monday was the day when the states designated their electors to cast the states' votes for president.  By day's end, creepy, confused Joe Biden had 306 electoral votes.

Democrats are ecstatic, believing they now have a signed, sealed, and delivered White House.  They don't.

The Supreme Court currently appears to be a craven institution.  Many think the Court is sending a message saying that if Democrat Senate candidates win in Georgia, giving both the White House and Congress to the Democrats, it will rubber-stamp everything the Democrats do.  In this way, the justices hope to prevent court-packing that will diminish their prestige and cachet.  Still, we might yet be surprised.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/12/something_historic_happened_with_americas_electors_on_monday.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Something historic happened with America's electors on Monday
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 08:52:25 am »
Poppycock.  The Supreme Court has demonstrated their mettle, which is zip!  I think using the expression invertebrates is the appropriate term.

Worthless body, that should be included in the gang of worthless politicians that lose their heads with an uprising.  Or on a nicer note, part of the gang that is subject to term limits should Congress ever accept the notion that the last STATESMAN died over a hundred years ago, and any one of them is not worth a good BM!