Author Topic: Covid-19 now kills more than 1 American every minute. And the rate keeps accelerating as the death t  (Read 2069 times)

Online libertybele

Covid-19 now kills more than 1 American every minute. And the rate keeps accelerating as the death toll tops 300,000

Every day, the number of families mourning the death of a loved one to Covid-19 keeps growing at a devastating rate.
More than 300,000 people in the US have died from coronavirus since the first known death on February 6. That's an average of more than 961 deaths a day.
But this holiday season has been especially brutal, with more than 50,000 deaths in just the past month, according to Johns Hopkins University.
In the past week, an average of 2,403 people in the US have died from Covid-19 every day.

That's an average of one Covid-19 death every 40 seconds. ........

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/14/health/us-covid-deaths-300k/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
In the United States, 2.6 million die each year.  That is 7123 each day, 297 each hour, and 5 each minute.

So who gives a shit about Covid?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online rustynail

What is 'more than one'?  What is the rate of acceleration?  Can there be Too Much information?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sorry, I have yet to hear a Covid death stat that isn't/hasn't been inflated by calling any death where the party tests positive for Covid a Covid death no matter what the cause be it a motorcycle accident, heart attack or even just a plain wore out body of a 80+ or 90+year old. Is Covid serious? Yes, do people die from it? Yes but primarily it appears to be the elderly or at risk segment of the population. My mother is 89 and the only time she wears a mask is when they won't allow her in the medical offices without one, now I freely admit that she is tired, tired of the daily pain and is ready to go when God calls her but is also a devout Catholic and would never take any conscious action that would end her life. I only wear a mask when I absolutely have to and am considered a high risk individual. I find it ridiculous when I see people walking outside alone and wearing a mask or driving alone in their car wearing a mask.

We're Americans dad-gummit and con sarnit, we don't run from diseases, we kick their butts!

Offline Knox27

In the United States, 2.6 million die each year.  That is 7123 each day, 297 each hour, and 5 each minute.

The people who have family members die of it.  The people who get inferior treatment because hospital icu beds and supplies are strained.  The people who have to put off elective procedures.  They probably give a shit.

Offline skeeter

The good news is nobody has died of the flu this year.

Offline Axeslinger

The people who have family members die of it.  The people who get inferior treatment because hospital icu beds and supplies are strained.  The people who have to put off elective procedures.  They probably give a shit.

We’re on pace to have fewer deaths than any time since 2015.  Sounds like Covid is a net positive.

Here’s a hint @Knox27 , none of us are getting out of this party alive. We’re all gonna die of something.

If you want people under the age of 70, who have a survival rate of 99.9995%, to huddle in ridiculous fear over this, you’re either a fool or a totalitarian wannabe.

Protect the vulnerable....everyone else LIVE!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 03:49:05 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Knox27

We’re on pace to have fewer deaths than any time since 2015.  Sounds like Covid is a net positive.

Here’s a hint @Knox27 , none of us are getting out of this party alive. We’re all gonna die of something.

If you want people under the age of 70, who have a survival rate of 99.995%, to huddle in ridiculous fear over this, you’re either a fool or a totalitarian wannabe.

Protect the vulnerable....everyone else LIVE!

Your information about 2015 is wrong, I don't know your source but in late October the CDC said "an estimated 299,028 excess deaths occurred from late January through October 3, 2020, with 198,081 (66%) excess deaths attributed to COVID-19"

And that's before the current wave of 3000 deaths a day....far above any flu season.

Ita burying your head on the sand to say the virus hasn't lead to a ton of excess deaths, not tension to strain on the hospital systems

This is not to ay what the response should or shouldn't be.  But a lot of people care and are effected

Offline Axeslinger

Your information about 2015 is wrong, I don't know your source but in late October the CDC said "an estimated 299,028 excess deaths occurred from late January through October 3, 2020, with 198,081 (66%) excess deaths attributed to COVID-19"

And that's before the current wave of 3000 deaths a day....far above any flu season.

Ita burying your head on the sand to say the virus hasn't lead to a ton of excess deaths, not tension to strain on the hospital systems

This is not to ay what the response should or shouldn't be.  But a lot of people care and are effected
@Knox27
You're damn right they are.   330MILLION people are currently affected, who have had their lives upended, some destroyed, etc.
For a disease that 5% of the population HAS CAUGHT (that we know of), is only 5% lethal for those over 70 who have caught it and 0.5% lethal for those under 70 who have caught it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 04:14:19 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline thackney

False.  Total deaths are up this year.

See chart above from:
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Hoodat

Five American businesses close their doors permanently every hour because of draconian government responses to Covid.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Every 100 years or so we need an event to decrease the surplus population.   Culling the herd makes the species stronger. So covid is a good thing.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
I'm of the opinion that the vast majority of these claimed as "covid" are not...this is but one article that suggests hospitals get a lot of $$ for claiming covid vs. other causes.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/hospitals-medicare-patients-cost-coronavirus
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re thackney's post 9 above:

I went to the source URL and looked at the graphic posted.

The "first wave" of what might be Covid-related deaths hit its peak around April 18.
Then there was a "second wave", peaking about August 1.
Then came a "third wave", peaking around November 14.

I reckon there's going to be one more "peak" before the vaccinations begin to have an effect.
IF they are to have an effect...

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'm of the opinion that the vast majority of these claimed as "covid" are not...this is but one article that suggests hospitals get a lot of $$ for claiming covid vs. other causes.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/hospitals-medicare-patients-cost-coronavirus

COVID-19 is also an opportunist type of disease, that mostly impacts the very elderly, very ill..... IMO its biggest impact may be to those who may be dying just a tad earlier than expected.  It will be interesting to see the year end mortality data to really see what the true effect was on our population.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

Do you have a link (links) to the information you posted??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

COVID-19 is also an opportunist type of disease, that mostly impacts the very elderly, very ill..... IMO its biggest impact may be to those who may be dying just a tad earlier than expected.  It will be interesting to see the year end mortality data to really see what the true effect was on our population.

We need to see if the SS fund is extended by a few years do to the Rona.  Just say'n.  There is always a silver lining in every thing (except with the Biden win ).

Online libertybele

COVID-19 was inflicted upon this country to control the populace with shutdowns, etc., and to tank the economy and to control an election.

Because of Biden's and Fauci's financial ties to China you will never convince me otherwise.

(Glenn Beck did several segments on the research that he and his team did showing the Bidens connection which I had posted a couple of times awhile back).

Online libertybele

We need to see if the SS fund is extended by a few years do to the Rona.  Just say'n.  There is always a silver lining in every thing (except with the Biden win ).

COVID will be an excuse to cut SS payouts .... they will claim because of the stimulus payouts they had to dip into SS.  There's no silver lining to all of this.  None.  This was plotted long ago to take down our Republic and they're not done by any means.

Offline Hoodat

We need to see if the SS fund is extended by a few years do to the Rona.  Just say'n.

What SS fund?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And yet the Death rate for the country as of November is below the total amount of deaths in 2019.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
COVID-19 was inflicted upon this country to control the populace with shutdowns, etc., and to tank the economy and to control an election.

Because of Biden's and Fauci's financial ties to China you will never convince me otherwise.

(Glenn Beck did several segments on the research that he and his team did showing the Bidens connection which I had posted a couple of times awhile back).
That is pretty much the conclusion I have come to also, that, and Fauci is in this up to his eyebrows.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
One more unexplained failure of Trump, Keeping Fauci around after he claimed the virus was nothing to worry about, and masks were not needed.  Fauci on a good day is a rat, and he is up to his eyeballs with the ChiComs on this bullsh*t.  Remember him explaining his many conversations with the ChiCom scientists, and how he had every reason to trust them?  Trustworthy like him no doubt!

Somewhere awhile back, it was indicated that only about 14,000 people had died because of Covid.  That number now would be around 20, - 25,000.

There is but one reason why everyone is dying of COVID.  For each person in the hospital that dies, they get something near $14,000 as a diagnosis code on a claim.  If a respirator is used and they die, they get to collect $39,000 per patient from the federal government.  In business, this is considered a huge windfall.  Government is the never ending giver to those with their hands out.  Healthcare has a way of doing it in BILLION DOLLAR INCREMENTS.  And of course, we are tossing TRILLIONS about like it is pocket change, and state and local governments along with the military industrial complex all have their hands out big time!!!  But hey, those little people, who have struggled with their jobs destroyed by corrupt governments, they best not hold their breath for another $1,200 for a month of survival.

You just can't make this sh*t up!!!!

Online mountaineer

More Covid-related deaths.
Man reportedly obsessed with COVID-19 kills two relatives in stabbing spree
By Yaron Steinbuch
December 16, 2020 | 7:41am

A Wisconsin man has been ordered to spend the rest of his life in a mental health institution for stabbing four of his family members — two fatally — during a rage-filled outburst linked to his obsessive worries about the COVID-19 pandemic, according to a report.

Adam Roth, 36, of Waukesha, recently pleaded guilty but not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect to two counts of intentional homicide and two counts of attempted intentional homicide, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported. ...

She has said Roth had been “acting obsessive” over the coronavirus for several weeks leading up to the incident, according to the complaint.

When interviewed after the stabbing, Roth told a detective that “it (the coronavirus) was coming and I had to save them.”

Two doctors who evaluated Roth’s mental health indicated that he had been experiencing “a … precipitous decline of psychiatric stability” in the months leading up to his attack.
Full story at NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org