Author Topic: Wall Street Journal opinion editor defends op-ed on Jill Biden: She 'can't be off-limits'  (Read 383 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wall Street Journal opinion editor defends op-ed on Jill Biden: She 'can't be off-limits'
By Justine Coleman - 12/14/20 01:05 PM EST

The Wall Street Journal’s editorial page editor defended the op-ed published last week urging incoming first lady Jill Biden to remove the “Dr.” before her name, saying she “can’t be off-limits” to criticism.

Paul Gigot, the head editor for the Journal’s opinion section, published his defense for the piece on Sunday and in Monday’s newspaper and accused President-elect Biden’s team of responding to the op-ed in a “Trumpian” manner.

In the piece entitled “The Biden Team Strikes Back,” Gigot alleged Joe Biden’s team aimed to strategically call attention to the op-ed “to use the big gun of identity politics to send a message to critics as it prepares to take power.”

Essayist and short-story writer Joseph Epstein wrote the op-ed in question, encouraging the incoming first lady not to refer to herself as a doctor because she is not a medical doctor. Jill Biden earned her doctorate in 2007 from the University of Delaware.

“The Ph.D. may once have held prestige, but that has been diminished by the erosion of seriousness and the relaxation of standards in university education generally, at any rate outside the sciences,” Epstein said in his op-ed.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/530109-wall-street-journal-opinion-editor-defends-op-ed-jill-biden-cant-be-off-limits
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

“The Ph.D. may once have held prestige, but that has been diminished by the erosion of seriousness and the relaxation of standards in university education generally, at any rate outside the sciences,” Epstein said in his op-ed.

Brutal honesty......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
“The Ph.D. may once have held prestige, but that has been diminished by the erosion of seriousness and the relaxation of standards in university education generally, at any rate outside the sciences,” Epstein said in his op-ed."

Her degree  may not even be more worthy than the Scarecrow'!  In fact I know it is not.  I'll let you in on a little secret about smart people. “They have one thing you haven’t got: a diploma. Therefore, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Universitartus Committiartum E Pluribus Unum, I hereby confer upon you the honorary degree of ThD – Doctor of Thinkology.”

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

Dr. Jill will bring much needed taste grace beauty and intelligence to a democrat white house.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Rusty, don't bet on it.  She will have her hands full being Traitor Joe's seeing eye dog.  He will NOT be able to operate without him holding her hand, her just off camera to jump in and rescue him from himself.

And most of the folks I know that have PhDs do not go by the title of Dr!!!!  The writer was right on target, but hey, targeting the Democommie leader is borderline treason. 

Offline Knox27

Ita silly to call her a doctor.  The fact that she calles herself doctor tells me everything I need to know about how insufferable she must be.

Offline skeeter

Gee the media are awfully thin skinned for a malevolent gang of vomitous sleazebags.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Jill Biden Seems Really Triggered by People Not Calling Her a Doctor
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/12/barr_resigns_everyone_except_biden_wins.html

Like Barbara Boxer getting bent out of shape when Brigadier General Michael Walsh called her "Ma"am"

Small people like big titles.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘She’s A Doctor Of Education, Which Means Basically Nothing’: Tucker Carlson Pans Biden Family’s ‘Deep Class Insecurity’

“Don’t ask for advice on your coronary artery disease, because she’s not actually a physician, she’s a doctor of education which means basically nothing,” Carlson said during a Monday night “Tucker Carlson Tonight” segment after playing a clip of “The View” co-host Whoopi Goldberg in March calling for Mrs. Biden to become Surgeon General before realizing she wasn’t a medical doctor.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/12/14/tucker-carlson-jill-biden-joe-biden-deep-class-insecurity/
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 02:42:01 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
‘She’s A Doctor Of Education, Which Means Basically Nothing’: Tucker Carlson Pans Biden Family’s ‘Deep Class Insecurity’

https://dailycaller.com/2020/12/14/tucker-carlson-jill-biden-joe-biden-deep-class-insecurity/

Heck with this pseudo-intellect, she can wipe her ass, with her worthless degree as far as I am concerned.  Carlson et. al. needs to be focusing on Biden Chicom scandal 24/7.  No distractions.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra