Author Topic: Gaming Out a MAGA Party  (Read 6444 times)

Offline bilo

Gaming Out a MAGA Party
« on: December 14, 2020, 04:08:59 pm »
 Both of our major parties are splitting into factions, as the Democrats had in 1860. And there is a candidate available to lead a new party who not only came close to winning, but has served as the President of the United States.

President Trump must have at least toyed with the idea of forming a new party. Although the Republican Party’s voters nominated Trump in 2016 and elected him President, the party’s establishment figures never accepted Trump, or his agenda. Where the agendas overlapped, such as on taxes and judges, Republican officeholders supported Trump. Where the agendas clashed, such as on the border wall, they offered him zero support.

...Could a “MAGA Party” replace one of today’s major parties, and become a major party itself? I think the answer is unequivocally ‘yes,’ and the reason is that a very large fraction of the Republican Party’s current voters are not fond of the Republican Party, do not like many of its office holders, and do not support the neocon, Chamber of Commerce agenda of the GOP establishment. If Donald J. Trump starts a new political party, close to 70 million of the Republican Party’s voters would go with him.

https://redstate.com/robert_a_hahn/2020/12/14/gaming-out-a-maga-party-n294166
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online corbe

Gaming Out a MAGA Party (Red State)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 05:48:26 pm »
Gaming Out a MAGA Party

By Robert A. Hahn | Dec 14, 2020 3:00 AM ET

The history of third parties in the modern era is not particularly inspiring. Alabama Governor George Wallace managed to rack up 14% of the popular vote — and 45 Electoral votes — in 1968. In 1980, Congressman John Anderson basically fell on his face, garnering less than 7% of the vote… among them that of my girlfriend at the time. H. Ross Perot, the tech billionaire who had bigger ears than Barack Obama, beat both of them with 19% of the vote — but did not win a single state.

Still, everything begins somewhere. Both of today’s major parties were “third party” startups at one time. Today’s Democratic Party was started by supporters of Andrew Jackson, who had won a plurality of both the popular and Electoral votes in 1824, only to lose in the House when no candidate received a majority in the Electoral College. Jackson returned in 1828 as the head of the shiny new Democratic Party… and that election he won. The modern Republican Party was founded in 1854 as an anti-slavery party. Its first nominee, Abraham Lincoln, managed to thread the needle through a hopelessly split Democratic Party to win the Presidency in 1860.

Some of these conditions are present today. Both of our major parties are splitting into factions, as the Democrats had in 1860. And there is a candidate available to lead a new party who not only came close to winning, but has served as the President of the United States.

<..snip..>

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Gaming Out a MAGA Party
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 06:04:26 pm »
 :facepalm2:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 06:07:04 pm »
I hold up the UK as exhibit A, as far as well a country is served by 3 major parties.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 06:31:00 pm »
Call it the NDP the new deal party or AND.  The democrats will squall...

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 09:42:53 pm »
I hold up the UK as exhibit A, as far as well a country is served by 3 major parties.

The UK is a parliamentary system.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 09:44:25 pm »
The UK is a parliamentary system.

Still, with 3 major parties.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 10:54:29 pm »

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 11:11:35 pm »
:facepalm2: :facepalm2: double that sentiment.

What is your alternative?

I see two choices; one, separation; two, a new party.

Staying in the Pub party doesn't make a lot of sense when you look at the election fraud and the unwillingness of Pub Gov's, SoS's, and State legislative leaders to do anything. It's been the same old song and dance for too long, "stay in the party and reform it". Trump easily has 70% of the base with him and the leadership in the party fails him every time.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 12:09:53 am »

Staying in the Pub party doesn't make a lot of sense when you look at the election fraud and the unwillingness of Pub Gov's, SoS's, and State legislative leaders to do anything. It's been the same old song and dance for too long, "stay in the party and reform it". Trump easily has 70% of the base with him and the leadership in the party fails him every time.

I like being the party of Lincoln...and having 3 parties is a non-starter as it would, in reality, just be a dividing of the conservative half of the country into two parts. What I think we must do is purge our RINO's and NT's.....and make the Republican party...in actuality...the MAGA party. In some ways, it already is. But there is a lingering element of the establishment/RINO bunch that believe they will no move back into our leadership and re-assume their positions of power. That cannot happen. I

t is my hope that Trump will assume the position of Chair of the Republican party with Ronna McDaniel as his Vice Chair...and then work to ensure to expunge all the NT, RINO types from leadership. We must still, in moderate to Lib states run people like Susan Collins if we wish to hold certain seats...but the party cannot be led by such people, nor can it be led by the Jonah Goldberg NT crowd. Trump must take full authority within the party and place his strong supporters and trusted family in every key position.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 02:07:49 am »

Improve the Republican Party. Unfortunately, Trump has wrecked a lot of it, but recovery is possible.
Things usually aren't as bad as many people believe they are at the moment. 
If these latest stunts by Trump haven't proved how unfit he is for the office, I don't know what will.
Cruz or Rubio would have been much better candidates. Both would have whipped Clinton and Biden.
Too late now.
But never too late to try again. With a better candidate this time.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2020, 02:11:15 am »
Both of our major parties are splitting into factions, as the Democrats had in 1860. And there is a candidate available to lead a new party who not only came close to winning, but has served as the President of the United States.

President Trump must have at least toyed with the idea of forming a new party. Although the Republican Party’s voters nominated Trump in 2016 and elected him President, the party’s establishment figures never accepted Trump, or his agenda. Where the agendas overlapped, such as on taxes and judges, Republican officeholders supported Trump. Where the agendas clashed, such as on the border wall, they offered him zero support.

...Could a “MAGA Party” replace one of today’s major parties, and become a major party itself? I think the answer is unequivocally ‘yes,’ and the reason is that a very large fraction of the Republican Party’s current voters are not fond of the Republican Party, do not like many of its office holders, and do not support the neocon, Chamber of Commerce agenda of the GOP establishment. If Donald J. Trump starts a new political party, close to 70 million of the Republican Party’s voters would go with him.

LOVE IT.  I was thinking a party, party.  lol. 

SICK OF azzHHOLE RINO'S. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 02:16:29 am »

The GOPe is hopelessly corrupt and share more in common with the money grabbers in the rat party. The last four years is indicative of where the energy and moral inertia is - it ain’t with the GOPe. Let em rot.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2020, 02:42:38 am »
The GOPe is hopelessly corrupt and share more in common with the money grabbers in the rat party. The last four years is indicative of where the energy and moral inertia is - it ain’t with the GOPe. Let em rot.

A new party to replace the GOP will happen quickly and organically.  No one will be able to stop it, especially Republicans

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2020, 02:43:26 am »
:facepalm2:

You really are a go along to get along kindda guy.  This surprises and disappoints.

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2020, 02:45:13 am »
Improve the Republican Party. Unfortunately, Trump has wrecked a lot of it, but recovery is possible.

The Republican party is the reason Donald Trump was able to rise.  Don't waste your time, the Party is irredeemable @goatprairie

Let it die its natural death, here and now.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2020, 03:58:27 am »
Things usually aren't as bad as many people believe they are at the moment. 
If these latest stunts by Trump haven't proved how unfit he is for the office, I don't know what will.
Cruz or Rubio would have been much better candidates. Both would have whipped Clinton and Biden.
Too late now.
But never too late to try again. With a better candidate this time.

Congrats. Almost every sentence in that post was diametrically wrong. Trump won when every candidate you list would have been crushed by Clinton. He followed that up by governing as the most Conservative President since at least Reagan. Trump IS the Republican Party now because he has shown how to fight back against this liberal tide. If he is cheated out of this election, there is an almost certainty that he will be the GOP candidate in 2024. Basically, get over your Trump hate or find a new party.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline bilo

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2020, 04:02:12 am »

I couldn't agree more. If nothing else Trump revealed that no outsider would be accepted, especially one who was serious about what he campaigned on.

Offline bilo

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2020, 04:05:22 am »
Congrats. Almost every sentence in that post was diametrically wrong. Trump won when every candidate you list would have been crushed by Clinton. He followed that up by governing as the most Conservative President since at least Reagan. Trump IS the Republican Party now because he has shown how to fight back against this liberal tide. If he is cheated out of this election, there is an almost certainty that he will be the GOP candidate in 2024. Basically, get over your Trump hate or find a new party.

The only alternative to your point that I see is separation.

Offline bilo

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2020, 04:05:53 am »
The Republican party is the reason Donald Trump was able to rise.  Don't waste your time, the Party is irredeemable @goatprairie

Let it die its natural death, here and now.

:amen:

Offline Knox27

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2020, 04:08:34 am »

Trump is a nationalist populist to suit his ego. He isn't a conservative or a republican.  He has zero interest in rooting out corruption and graft, both because he has no principles and engages in it.  He doesn't care about spending as long as people fawn over him for "talking tough" and appointing every judge the federalist society suggests, whether they are competent or not.  He doesn't even pay lip service to the 1st amendment.  And most egregiously he is happy to engage in conspiracy theories about the election and trashing faith in free and fair elections.  Its shameful and I believe has done an extreme amount of damage to the right.

So no, each sentence he wrote was pretty accurate.

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2020, 04:17:03 am »
He isn't a conservative or a republican. 

And now you understand why 75,000,000 + Americans voted for him.

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2020, 04:17:30 am »

Offline Knox27

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2020, 04:20:58 am »
And now you understand why 75,000,000 + Americans voted for him.

I certainly get why over 81 million fired his ass

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2020, 04:44:49 am »
I certainly get why over 81 million fired his ass
This means Biden the Vegetable received 11 million more votes than Obama the Chosen.  :laughingdog: 

Some day, when you take a break from your projectile hate spewing, post a picture showing the color of the sky, the unicorns roaming free and the lollipops growing wild on your planet @Knox27