Author Topic: Electoral College to gather across country to elect Biden  (Read 2581 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Electoral College to gather across country to elect Biden
« on: December 14, 2020, 02:41:29 pm »
Electoral College to gather across country to elect Biden
by Emily Larsen, Political Reporter |
 | December 14, 2020 08:58 AM

It's Election Day in America, kind of.

Presidential electors will gather on Monday to select Joe Biden as the next president of the United States, marking one of the final blows to President Trump's challenges to election results. The 51 Electoral College meetings, across 50 states and Washington, D.C., effectively ratify the national election on Nov. 3.

The electors will meet in their respective state capitols across the country, with the earliest states starting at 10 a.m. EST and most states starting before 2 p.m.

Certified state vote tallies are set to give Biden 306 votes to 232 for Trump.

In 2016, Trump had been set to win 306 votes to 232 for former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, but seven so-called "faithless electors," who defied their states' laws on voting for a certain candidate based on the state's popular vote, resulted in a tally of 304 for Trump and 227 for Clinton. A Supreme Court case decided earlier this year ruled that states can enforce "faithless elector" laws, meaning there could be fewer or no faithless electors this year.

Biden is set to deliver remarks on Monday evening about the Electoral College vote certification and the "strength and resilience of our democracy."

A joint session of Congress will vote on certification of the results on Jan. 6, the last step before Inauguration Day on Jan. 20.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/electoral-college-gather-country-elect-biden
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Electoral College to gather across country to elect Biden
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 02:41:58 pm »
Biden is set to deliver remarks on Monday evening about the Electoral College vote certification and the "strength and resilience of our democracy."

Thanks for the warning...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 02:44:18 pm »
Thanks for the warning...

I'm gonna hafta practice my quick channel changing skills if I'm gonna keep my food down for the next four or who knows how many years.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 02:52:04 pm »
As an alternative headline......  "Seal the Steal"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 03:04:44 pm »
I'm gonna hafta practice my quick channel changing skills if I'm gonna keep my food down for the next four or who knows how many years.

I know...I was pretty good at it during the O'Bama years but I'm a little out of practice..
Support the USO

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 07:02:10 pm »
Greg Kelly
@gregkellyusa

US Constitution Article II Sec 1: The “President-elect” is NOT ESTABLISHED TODAY, but when the votes are “counted” by the “President of the Senate” which doesn’t happen until JANUARY. Then, “The Person with greatest number of votes SHALL be the President.” LAW vs MEDIA? Law Wins!

1:25 PM · Dec 14, 2020·Twitter for iPad

https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1338550595800723456

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 07:07:35 pm »
Michelle Ye Hee Lee
@myhlee

Meanwhile, in another part of the GA State Capitol, 16 GOP electors cast ballots for Trump, declaring that "the contest of the election is ongoing." Photo via @HaistenWillis, who's reporting from the room.

12:32 PM · Dec 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/myhlee/status/1338537446838071304

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 07:17:46 pm »
Michelle Ye Hee Lee
@myhlee

Meanwhile, in another part of the GA State Capitol, 16 GOP electors cast ballots for Trump, declaring that "the contest of the election is ongoing." Photo via @HaistenWillis, who's reporting from the room.

12:32 PM · Dec 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/myhlee/status/1338537446838071304

David Shafer
@DavidShafer

Because the President’s lawsuit contesting the Georgia election is still pending, the Republican nominees for Presidential Elector met today at noon at the State Capitol today and cast their votes for President and Vice President.

12:51 PM · Dec 14, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/DavidShafer/status/1338542161932021762

David Shafer
@DavidShafer

Had we not meet today and cast our votes, the President’s pending election contest would have been effectively mooted. Our action today preserves his rights under Georgia law.

1:07 PM · Dec 14, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/DavidShafer/status/1338546066346676224

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 07:26:05 pm »

I been doing that since 07  :shrug: :whistle:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2020, 07:26:26 pm »

« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 07:27:31 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2020, 07:32:39 pm »
Phillip Kline
@PhillDKline

MI Attorney General is threatening legislators w criminal investigation and possible prosecution if they disagree with her, and the MI Governor and other officials are shutting down the peoples’ house and preventing them from gathering today to perform their constitutional duty.

12:34 PM · Dec 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/PhillDKline/status/1338537825411665921

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2020, 07:43:06 pm »
anonymous patriot
@anonpatriotq

BREAKING: TRUMP'S ELECTORS ARE SHOWING UP TODAY IN STATE CAPITALS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY (WAR ROOM PANDEMIC)

10:13 AM · Dec 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/anonpatriotq/status/1338502411229532161

anonymous patriot
@anonpatriotq

This means two sets of Electors (for a particular state) will be sent to Congress in January. It is then more or less up to Pence which to count (or to throw out both sets). That is my understanding of the current process.

10:17 AM · Dec 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/anonpatriotq/status/1338503459696488448

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2020, 07:44:00 pm »
RSBN
@RSBNetwork

BREAKING: Nevada GOP electors cast ballot for Donald J Trump declaring him winner of 6 Electoral votes in NV.

2:26 PM · Dec 14, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/RSBNetwork/status/1338566122904428544

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2020, 07:49:14 pm »
I know...I was pretty good at it during the O'Bama years but I'm a little out of practice..

This will be a continuation of the Obammy years and I'm afraid much much worse; the transformation of our country as he envisioned, as the globalist envisioned will be completed.  **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2020, 08:17:20 pm »
NV GOP electors certify their votes, and sing the Star Spangled Banner.   happy77

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2020, 08:28:17 pm »
Phillip Kline
@PhillDKline

MI Attorney General is threatening legislators w criminal investigation and possible prosecution if they disagree with her, and the MI Governor and other officials are shutting down the peoples’ house and preventing them from gathering today to perform their constitutional duty.

12:34 PM · Dec 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/PhillDKline/status/1338537825411665921

Brendan Gutenschwager
@BGOnTheScene

“The Electors are already here, they’ve been checked in.” Michigan State Police are blocking access to the Capitol, preventing the GOP Electors from getting inside #Michigan #ElectoralCollege #ElectoralCollegeVote

Video: https://twitter.com/BGOnTheScene/status/1338569994767101956?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

2:42 PM · Dec 14, 2020 from Lansing, MI·Twitter for iPhone

The Michigan governor is not allow Republican electors to cast their votes   pointing-up

« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 08:29:51 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2020, 08:28:20 pm »
RSBN
@RSBNetwork

BREAKING: Nevada GOP electors cast ballot for Donald J Trump declaring him winner of 6 Electoral votes in NV.

2:26 PM · Dec 14, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/RSBNetwork/status/1338566122904428544

... in addition to the 6 electoral votes for Biden, same as the other states.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2020, 08:41:15 pm »
... in addition to the 6 electoral votes for Biden, same as the other states.

Here's my take on what's going on today and why the Demonrats don't like it.

If, on January 6,  two sets of electoral votes are received by the Congress for any state, Pence gets involved as more than a reporter.  He sends the two sets of votes for each state, one state at a time, separately to the House and the Senate. If they do not agree on one set, both sets of votes are thrown out.  There's another school of thought that says Pence decides, period.

If Biden's electoral college total drops below 270 the election then moves to the House of Representatives and is decided by the one state/one vote rule. (Not by the majority in the House as is being reported by the geniuses in the media)

This is why the Governor of Michigan is sending state troopers to prevent Republican electors from voting.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 08:47:48 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online rustynail

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2020, 08:43:08 pm »
Biden To Address Nation At 730pm After Capturing Electors From Contested States

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2020, 08:48:51 pm »

If, on January 6,  two sets of electoral votes are received by the Congress for any state, Pence gets involved as more than a reporter.  He sends the two sets of votes for each state, one state at a time, separately to the House and the Senate. If they do not agree on one set, both sets of votes are thrown out.  There's another school of thought that says Pence decides, period.

If Biden's electoral college total drops below 270 the election then moves to the House of Representatives and is decided by the one state/one vote rule. (Not by the majority in the House as is being reported by the geniuses in the media)

This is why the Governor of Michigan is sending state troopers to prevent Republican electors from voting.

@Right_in_Virginia

Really appreciate this!  Thanks!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2020, 08:51:56 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Really appreciate this!  Thanks!   :beer:

Welcome!   happy77  @DCPatriot

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2020, 08:52:29 pm »

wow. What’s the constitution say about a SoS physically preventing electors from voting?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2020, 08:54:34 pm »
wow. What’s the constitution say about a SoS physically preventing electors from voting?

Well, I'm sure the giants on the SC would say it's fine so long as the electors are Republican @skeeter

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2020, 08:57:30 pm »
Who thinks KAmala will resign her Senate seat today?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2020, 09:00:08 pm »
Who thinks KAmala will resign her Senate seat today?

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald