Author Topic: Google CEO Apologizes, Vows To Restore Trust After Black Scientist's Ouster  (Read 153 times)

rangerrebew

Google CEO Apologizes, Vows To Restore Trust After Black Scientist's Ouster

December 9, 20204:35 PM ET
Bobby Allyn

Google CEO Sundar Pichai on Wednesday apologized to the company in the aftermath of the dismissal of a prominent Black artificial intelligence researcher.

Google's chief executive Sundar Pichai on Wednesday apologized in the aftermath of the dismissal of a prominent Black scientist whose ouster set off widespread condemnation from thousands of Google employees and outside researchers.

Timnit Gebru, who helped lead Google's Ethical Artificial Intelligence team, said that she was fired last week after having a dispute over a research paper and sending a note to other Google employees criticizing the company for its treatment of people of color and women, particularly in hiring.

"I've heard the reaction to Dr. Gebru's departure loud and clear: it seeded doubts and led some in our community to question their place at Google. I want to say how sorry I am for that, and I accept the responsibility of working to restore your trust," Pichai wrote to Google employees on Wednesday, according to a copy of the email reviewed by NPR.

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/09/944686875/google-ceo-apologizes-vows-to-restore-trust-after-black-scientists-ouster

rangerrebew

Obviously, brown, white, Asian, or M.E. scientists  don't matter to Google. ****slapping

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
So a "protected class" gets in a disagreement, most likely lost the disagreement, then blasts the company for "racism and misogyny" in a public email about it, gets fired for unprofessional behavior and the company CEO grovels like a cuck... :yowsa:

Stupid is as stupid does.  I'd fire her as well, she's poison.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
 :laughingdog:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: