Author Topic: Biden to campaign for GA Senate candidates next week  (Read 260 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden to campaign for GA Senate candidates next week
« on: December 10, 2020, 02:37:15 pm »
Biden set to campaign for Georgia Senate candidates in races that will decide majority
by Naomi Lim, Political Reporter |
 | December 10, 2020 07:39 AM

President-elect Joe Biden will stake his personal political capital in Georgia as Democrats strive to claw back a Senate majority.

Biden will campaign for the Democratic challengers, filmmaker Jon Ossoff and Rev. Raphael Warnock, next Tuesday, Dec. 15.

Ossoff is contesting a Jan. 5 runoff against incumbent Republican Sen. David Perdue, while Warnock is competing against appointed GOP Sen. Kelly Loeffler for the remaining 22 months of retired Sen. Johnny Isakson's term. Isakson stepped down in 2019 due to health reasons.

The Ossoff and Warnock races will determine the Senate's balance of power for the next Congress. When the new Congress convenes on Jan. 4, Republicans will effectively hold a 50-48 seat advantage. Once Biden is sworn into office on Jan. 20, Vice President-elect Kamala Harris will able to break any Senate voting ties.

Biden's trip follows the Electoral College's meeting on Dec. 14 as President Trump continues to challenge the results of their Nov. 3 election in courts.

Former President Bill Clinton won the state of Georgia in 1992, the last time the state turned blue at the presidential level. Clinton, though, couldn't prevent then-Democratic Sen. Wyche Fowler Jr. losing his runoff to Republican businessman Paul Coverdell because Democratic turnout dropped off for their second contest.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-set-to-campaign-for-georgia-senate-candidates-in-races-that-will-decide-majority
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Biden to campaign for GA Senate candidates next week
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 04:18:28 pm »
Crowd limited to six.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 04:56:36 pm »
If Biden believes he has coat-tails, how is it the Dems lost in the House?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 03:44:45 am »
Kiss of Death!

Biden has zero coattails, and his arm and wrist will be very tired, for he certainly will not speak more than about 20 well rehearsed words.

Let's see, something like, 'I'm Joe Biden, President Elect, and I support both our Democrat candidates in Georgia for US Senate'.  If he has to use their names, that will be a cluster *&^%!!!!  If they make it too complicated, we might well hear, 'you know, they are running for the thing'.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 02:27:40 pm »
Kiss of Death!

Biden has zero coattails, and his arm and wrist will be very tired, for he certainly will not speak more than about 20 well rehearsed words.

Let's see, something like, 'I'm Joe Biden, President Elect, and I support both our Democrat candidates in Georgia for US Senate'.  If he has to use their names, that will be a cluster *&^%!!!!  If they make it too complicated, we might well hear, 'you know, they are running for the thing'.

Beat me to it.

It seems there are blessings in our future.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote