Author Topic: Obama says Trump did 'serious damage' to policy accomplishments but ACA 'remains robust'  (Read 393 times)

Offline libertybele

Anyone not think if Biden is seated that Bammy won't be leading from the sidelines? 

Obama says Trump did 'serious damage' to policy accomplishments but ACA 'remains robust'

Former President Barack Obama said in an interview published Wednesday that the Trump administration did “serious damage” to some of the signature policies enacted during the Democrat’s two terms in office.

President Trump has sought to roll back several major Obama-era policies since 2016, including an unsuccessful bid to repeal the Affordable Care Act, known as “ObamaCare.” In an interview with New York magazine, Obama said that he doesn’t “have a checklist” keeping track of every Trump administration challenge, but acknowledged he has kept tabs on major policy battles.

“I don’t think about it in those terms,” Obama said. “I do pay attention; I have paid attention to those areas where what the Trump administration attempted to do did some serious damage and where it’s more of a short-term setback on what is a long-term success. So although it was nip-and-tuck for a while, the Affordable Care Act remains robust.”........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obama-trump-damage-policy-aca-robust
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

He has it all wrong.

The serious damage has been done by him when he disregarded our laws by a unilateral dictate, andto the judicial system and justice as it is establishing by fiat what is not Constitutionally permitted under our laws.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Our country is lost, or else this POS maggot would have long ago been dispatched for treason.  His efforts with the coup against Trump should have warranted the most extreme outcomes, but this POS is still working to destroy this great nation.

We are about to install a man as POTUS that has earned a rope around his neck or a hot seat three times over.

The travesty of what has happened in the last four years is all that is needed to end this nation.  If Biden can win POTUS with massive cheating, then we are no different than Russia or Venezuela.  If we as a nation allow this to go down, we may never return.  Every Democommie involved in this tragedy should be indicted, convicted and dispatched.  This is far worse than anything the Rosenburgs ever did, and we fried them up rather quickly!

We are talking about the destruction of our republic.  If this election stands, then the USA is over.  We will never have a fair, honest election again.

Offline libertybele

Our country is lost, or else this POS maggot would have long ago been dispatched for treason.  His efforts with the coup against Trump should have warranted the most extreme outcomes, but this POS is still working to destroy this great nation.

We are about to install a man as POTUS that has earned a rope around his neck or a hot seat three times over.

The travesty of what has happened in the last four years is all that is needed to end this nation.  If Biden can win POTUS with massive cheating, then we are no different than Russia or Venezuela.  If we as a nation allow this to go down, we may never return.  Every Democommie involved in this tragedy should be indicted, convicted and dispatched.  This is far worse than anything the Rosenburgs ever did, and we fried them up rather quickly!

We are talking about the destruction of our republic.  If this election stands, then the USA is over.  We will never have a fair, honest election again.

You are absolutely correct...our Republic is over as we now know her should the election stand as is.  Our only chance is to build up on and continue the momentum of Keeping America Great by forming a new Constitutional Conservative Party.

In that respect not a lot to look forward to this Christmas.

I do look forward to spending it with some loved ones, and reflect upon the real reason for Christmas.

Celebrating the birth of our Saviour!!!! 

Luke 2:11

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the  Lord.
Isaiah 9:6-7

Hoping some joy for you this Christmas season @jafo2010  happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

He has it all wrong.

The serious damage has been done by him when he disregarded our laws by a unilateral dictate, andto the judicial system and justice as it is establishing by fiat what is not Constitutionally permitted under our laws.

Backwards speak by that communist.  BTW.  The only reason, obamcare is still,  somewhat 'working' is POTUS TRUMP made it so!  POTUS TRUMP did not want to harm anyone still on it.  SAME AS MEDICAID.  Never needed this, MANDATED, COMMUNIST, NOT ABOUT HEALTH, wealth distribution shyt, Obamacare.  Same as LENIN had. POTUS removed mandate and all the JOB KILLING regulations obama put into his 'health care'.  Remember we were under gestapo IRS, to pay penalty or sign up. They would take your tax refund. Then you were supposed to tell IRS, someone, all about your medical issues.  I figured, my medicare, I pay, has all of my history already. Talk about gestapo and now Obam wants to take credit for that too?  What a POS. No one,  could work a 40 hour job. It was 2 or 3 part time jobs for people to survive.

P.S. there was also a REAL ESTATE fee of 3.8% in obamcare, that one had to pay, on TOP of all the normal R.E. fees.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 04:01:00 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline Hoodat

Obama says .  .  . ACA 'remains robust'

I agree.  My coverage today is still worse than the coverage I had before ACA.  And the price of this lower quality care is much higher, including much higher deductibles, elimination of ER copays, loss of dental coverage, much smaller network, and higher (and more likely) out of network costs.  And on top of that, I lost my doctor, thanks to Obamacare.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

@jafo2010

As honest and truthful as is your post, so long as the criminal mainstream media fools the average American...it's tantamount to claiming 9-11 was an inside job and that the moon landing was a hoax.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The UGLY TRUTH about Obamacare:

9 out of 10 Americans have been harmed by the implementation of Obamacare

How so you ask?

The majority of folks are paying 2x, 3x, 4x the premiums they paid prior to the implementation of Obamacare.  Benefits are reduced, deductibles have increased for many from $1,000 to $5,000.

30 - 35 million Americans were without healthcare prior to Obamacare.  Today, 70 - 75 million Americans are without healthcare, but according to the POS Obama, it is still working well!!!  I know at least a dozen folks that had healthcare before, and now no longer can afford the premiums and go without healthcare.  One friend, his premium went from $500/month to $2,500/month, and he and his whole family now go without healthcare.

I worked on the implementation of Obamacare in one state.  There were about 30 management folks on the project, and all but one recognized Obamacare for what it is, a mega POS.  Worse, really.  I first got involved with Medicaid in 1980 when a fiscal intermediary was being threatened by the state with termination of the contract.  I went in with a team and remedied the situation.  Today, we are processing many more times the number of manual claims than what was done manually in 1980.  No excuse for that, particularly when one considers the expense of manual processing when hundreds of billions have been spent on the SYSTEMS to process this crap!!!  Obamacare fits in the category of if it could be made more difficult, then lets do that!!!  A chapter right out of Idiocracy, the movie!!!

The ONLY person I personally know on Obamacare lives in a $500,000+ house, just bought a 5 series BMW, and pays $10/month in premiums for her Obamacare coverage.  How many of you are paying that?  Hmm!! 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 05:05:31 am by jafo2010 »