Author Topic: Jon Ossoff Wants Beto O’Rourke-Style Gun Control for Georgians  (Read 350 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jon Ossoff Wants Beto O’Rourke-Style Gun Control for Georgians

AWR Hawkins 9 Dec 2020

Democrat Senate candidate Jon Ossoff’s plan to ban semiautomatic rifles is reminiscent of Robert “Beto” O’Rourke’s not-so-distant pledge to take away Americans’ AR-15s.

It was during the 2019 Democrat presidential primary when O’Rourke said, “Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47.”

O’Rourke bobbed and weaved for weeks when questioned about the confiscatory pledge. Then, in typical Democrat fashion, tried to paint police enforcement of a ban on AR-15 ownership as something other than confiscation. On October 16, 2019, he told MSBNC’s Morning Joe that police would go to homes to “recover” the rifles from the non-compliant once the ban was implemented.

Now, Ossoff has not yet explained how he would implement his ban–or deal with the non-compliant–but he is clear in his push to ban semiautomatic rifles and “high capacity” magazines.

On his campaign website Ossoff says, “I support a ban on the sale of semi-automatic rifles (“assault weapons”) and high-capacity magazines to the general public.”

Ossoff’s ban is very O’Rouke-like, and it will be interesting to see how a gun-loving state such as Georgia votes when it comes to a politician who is running on a pledge to outlaw many of their favorite guns, not to mention an untold number of their favorite magazines.

Ossoff is running against pro-Second Amendment Sen. David Perdue (R-GA) in Georgia’s January 5, 2021, run-off.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/09/jon-ossoff-wants-beto-orourke-style-gun-control-georgians/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Jon Ossoff Wants Beto O’Rourke-Style Gun Control for Georgians
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 10:38:59 pm »
That alone SHOULD be enough to seal his fate in Georgia with a fair election.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 10:41:43 pm »
QFT. :beer:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 11:07:36 pm »

Never underestimate the Fulton County Vote Generation machine.... 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 01:34:47 am »
Tossoff can KMA.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 01:35:26 am »
Bigun wrote:
"That alone SHOULD be enough to seal his fate in Georgia with a fair election."

You're bein' pretty presumptuous here, Bigun.
Presumptuous in that:
- Georgia elections can no longer be presumed to be conducted "fairly"
and...
- Even if they were, the demographics there have changed so much that someone like Ossof will soon stand a pretty good chance at winning anyway.