Author Topic: Paxton’s Supreme Court Gambit  (Read 618 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Paxton’s Supreme Court Gambit
« on: December 09, 2020, 06:28:02 pm »
Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog 12/9/2020

Paxton’s Supreme Court Gambit

Multiple lawsuits over election fraud are preceding through the courts and appeal process. One of the most important is a lawsuit filed in the Supreme Court by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton yesterday against Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, and Wisconsin seeking to have their state legislatures appoint electors due to widespread election fraud in those states:

The filing, first reported by Joel Pollak at Breitbart, is under a procedure where the U.S. Supreme Court has original jurisdiction in suits between states. That means the lawsuit does not need to be filed in District Court, then work its way through the normal appeals process.

The lawsuit is in the form of a Motion for Leave to File Bill of Complaint. (The Brief in support of the Motion appears starting at page 50 of the pdf. A more complete pdf. with all filings, including the Motion for Preliminary Injunction and a Temporary Restraining Order is available here starting at pg. 111)

The relief sought is a delay of the December 14 statutory deadline for electors to vote, arguing that the Supreme Court has the power to delay that deadline since “[t]he only date that is mandated under the Constitution … is January 20, 2021. U.S. CONST. amend. XX.” The purpose of the delay would be for state legislatures to consider appointing the electors given the unreliability in the way the elections were handled.

This is in line with some commenters here suggesting that January 20 is the only real Constitutional deadline.

I’m not sufficiently familiar with this procedure to opine right now on whether it is proper procedurally…

You and me both!

More: https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=46613

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Paxton’s Supreme Court Gambit
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 07:04:56 pm »
Seems this is the one that Ted Cruz should volunteer to bring up before the Court.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 03:36:49 am »
Seems this is the one that Ted Cruz should volunteer to bring up before the Court.

He has.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 05:06:07 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 02:45:17 pm »

You're not stupid, Corbe. Read the case and then come back and argue on which points it is incorrect. Either the Secretary of State, Governors, or courts in these states altered the election process laws in these states...or they did not. If they DID do so, their elections were held in violation of the United States constitution AND disenfranchised voters in the states that are suing.

This is not a fraud case, despite there being millions of votes cast fraudulently. It is a constitutional case, and the constitution is quite clear that state legislatures are pre-eminent in the electoral process and not subject to the external authority/direction of courts or Executives..."Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors...".

You're not the first NT to resort to mockery and satire in the absence of a strong intellectual argument...but you're likely the most persistent. Persisting in an error, however, is not the hallmark of a wise man...quite the opposite.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 02:46:20 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 05:42:20 pm »
   I do not dispute any of your points @Mesaclone You are obviously dumping my general dislike for Trump into a smorgasbord of some sort.  What the dems are doing is a crime against AMERICA, not just Trump. Need I add that as distasteful as I find the Man he is 8 Miles High better than biteme!!!

The Byrds - Eight Miles High

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 11:21:22 pm »
   I do not dispute any of your points @Mesaclone You are obviously dumping my general dislike for Trump into a smorgasbord of some sort.  What the dems are doing is a crime against AMERICA, not just Trump. Need I add that as distasteful as I find the Man he is 8 Miles High better than biteme!!!

The Byrds - Eight Miles High

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Honestly...I don't know what to make of you sometimes. I can seem to tell when you cross over from sarcasm to cynicism.

Offline corbe

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 11:55:32 pm »
    I get that @Mesaclone When reading my posts, in General. if there's any doubt fall upon sarcasm or cynicism first when reading my $hit. but in my last couple of posts to you I have been upmost honest with you. 
    I always wanted Trump to Win in 2020, the alternative is we immediately start Watering this parched Tree of Liberty, IMHO.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 01:48:19 am »
    I get that @Mesaclone When reading my posts, in General. if there's any doubt fall upon sarcasm or cynicism first when reading my $hit. but in my last couple of posts to you I have been upmost honest with you. 
    I always wanted Trump to Win in 2020, the alternative is we immediately start Watering this parched Tree of Liberty, IMHO.

Fair enough, corbe. We're living through some real madness in the country right now so its important for conservative ranks to pull together...doesn't mean we have to be in lockstep, of course...but on some of the big stuff we damn well better be able to pull together. What's the old Ben Franklin saying...if we do not all hang together, we most assuredly will all hang separately.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2020, 01:57:04 am »
Fair enough, corbe. We're living through some real madness in the country right now so its important for conservative ranks to pull together...doesn't mean we have to be in lockstep, of course...but on some of the big stuff we damn well better be able to pull together. What's the old Ben Franklin saying...if we do not all hang together, we most assuredly will all hang separately.

Excellent.