Author Topic: Will Trump be an Inauguration Day no-show?  (Read 236 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Will Trump be an Inauguration Day no-show?
« on: December 09, 2020, 04:39:08 pm »
Will Trump be an Inauguration Day no-show?
By Jim Bendat, Opinion Contributor — 12/09/20 11:30 AM EST

President Trump may be planning to draw attention away from President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration on January 20 by holding a made-for-television event of his own. Reports indicate that he might board Air Force One that morning, fly to Florida, then hold a MAGA-type rally to announce his plan to run for president again in 2024. Yes, even on the day of someone else’s inauguration, Trump may want that day to be about himself.

This is not the way America operates. By tradition, on Inauguration Day, the outgoing president greets the president-elect at the White House. They pose for pictures with their spouses, then have some private time together while enjoying juice, coffee and pastries. After about an hour, they ride together to the Capitol for the inauguration ceremony. The new president is sworn in at noon, and then delivers the inaugural address, with his or her predecessor sitting nearby. It is this peaceful transfer of power that sets our country apart from many others around the world.

But now, in the aftermath of a bitter 2020 election, we are in the position of wondering whether President Trump will interact at all with his successor on Inauguration Day. Will those longstanding traditions be followed? Will they have coffee together that morning? Because of the pandemic, perhaps not. Will they ride together to the Capitol? Same issue. So, clearly, the more important question is this: Will Trump even show up at the ceremony? To even ask such a question is almost historically unthinkable.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/529378-will-trump-be-an-inauguration-day-no-show
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Will Trump be an Inauguration Day no-show?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 05:12:15 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 09:22:49 pm »
Confession: I did not read the whole article. This is only my personal opinion.

I hope to heck he doesn't go. I can't in my wildest dreams imagine him being politically correct and sitting there with a smile on his face. His displeasure will radiate.

I'd rather they send Dick Cheney in his "Exorcist" outfit. But that's just me.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 11:12:23 pm »
"Will Trump be an Inauguration Day no-show?"

I most certainly HOPE SO.

I hear he'll be flyin' down to Florida to hold a rally at the same time ol' white Joe is getting sworn in.
The inauguration is going to be mostly -- or all -- "virtual", anyway.

...As will the presidency that comes after it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 11:17:53 pm »
As I said before...don't go..they tried for 4 years to bring them down and then stole the election..why legitimize it by participating in this travesty.

Go to Fla...have your rally, play golf..whatever..they will make fun of you no matter if you are there are not.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 11:47:16 pm »
Don’t go, Don-o

Offline rustynail

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 12:10:52 am »
It is going to be a virtual inauguration so Trump can just appear by hologram.