Author Topic: Georgia governor warns state lawmakers they cannot choose Trump electors  (Read 2245 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Georgia governor warns state lawmakers they cannot choose Trump electors
By Zack Budryk - 12/08/20 08:47 AM EST

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) on Monday warned state lawmakers that they cannot appoint pro-Trump presidential electors.

Kemp said while speaking at the Biennial Institute for Georgia Legislators that legislators appointing their own electors was “not an option.”

“You all will be taking an oath to uphold the laws and constitution of our state and now, more than ever, it is important to remember that thousands of brave men and women have paid the ultimate sacrifice for those laws, that constitution and all that they protect,” Kemp said, according to USA Today.

“I’m confident that each of you will live up to the words and greater calling regardless of political consequences. That’s what I’ve been doing,” he added.

Kemp and Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, both Republicans, have been singled out for condemnation by the Trump administration over their refusal to overturn the results of the presidential election in the Peach State. The state certified its election results last week following a hand audit and recount of ballots.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/529185-georgia-governor-warns-state-lawmakers-they-cannot-choose-trump-electors
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Georgia governor warns state lawmakers they cannot choose Trump electors
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 12:57:52 am »
Guess he doesn't understand the Constitution...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 01:19:09 am »

But he does understand CHICOM $$$$
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 01:24:02 am »
But he does understand CHICOM $$$$

Kemp SURE does!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 01:24:47 am »

I wonder if Kemp's so desperate to hide whatever he's hiding that he doesn't care how stooped he sounds. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 01:49:26 am »
Gov. Kemp was cravenly accused by Stacey Abrams of stealing an election for the Republicans.   And now the Trumpsters are cravenly accusing Gov. Kemp of stealing this election for the Democrats.

You know a man by his enemies.  Kemp's got the "best".   I admire the heck out of Brian Kemp.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 02:07:38 am »
Whipsaw hypocrisy;  “You all will be taking an oath to uphold the laws and constitution of our state and now....
Do you believe after allowing illegal voting to occur and legitimizing it, Georgia officials demand strict compliance of the laws and obligations of duty when it comes to supporting the lawlessness of the election ?
 :silly: 22222frying pan :yowsa:  Obviously George Soros p.c.whores.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 02:15:38 am »
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R) on Monday warned state lawmakers that they cannot appoint pro-Trump presidential electors.

I'm a little confused,here.

Is he a Governor,or a Dictator?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 02:18:36 am »
I wonder if Kemp's so desperate to hide whatever he's hiding that he doesn't care how stooped he sounds.

@Right_in_Virginia

I suspect with many of them they don't really have any choice because they are being blackmailed,and are backed into a corner.

Not that I feel sorry for them. I don't. They are in that position because they "sold" there office for gain or privileges. Bleep them and the donkeys that rode in on them.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 03:08:30 am »
  I admire the heck out of Brian Kemp.

Of course you do.  Keep playing your cards "right" and maybe you can be his cellmate.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 01:31:02 pm »
Of course you do.  Keep playing your cards "right" and maybe you can be his cellmate.

Yesterday you wanted me dead,  today you want me in prison.  So which is it, RIV? 

Would you say you're a typical Trumpster in expressing such sentiments? 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 01:32:08 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline christian

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2020, 03:10:18 pm »
Are you trying to say Virginia is talking like democrat blm/antifa activist act ?  Are you trying to say you are against blm/antifa?
 :2popcorn:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2020, 05:58:22 pm »
I'm a little confused,here.

Is he a Governor,or a Dictator?
He has no power to control the state legislators whatsoever other than to call a special session.

And that is one single thing he has chosen to not do.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline christian

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2020, 04:25:56 am »
democrats have made it publicly clear, the Constitution isn't good enough for what they have in mind for America.  Dictators is very much what they have in mind, and being owned by Soros goes without saying.  The Bible tells you, the anti-Christ is very impatient.  (In a very big hurry to accomplish humanities demise)  This is the End Times, and slaughter will commence in the near future, global society collapse first.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2020, 09:48:53 pm »

democrats have made it publicly clear, the Constitution isn't good enough for what they have in mind for America.   

@christian

And why wouldn't they,when even the authors of the U.S. Constitution admitted it isn't perfect?

After all,the movers and shakers behind globalism don't hesitate to modestly admit that it is the answer to all of humanity's problems,and that they stand ready and able to manage us like the unruly children that we are?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2020, 11:47:17 pm »
“I’m confident that each of you will live up to the words and greater calling regardless of political consequences. That’s what I’ve been doing,” he added.

Kemp is following the footsteps of former Governor Eugene Talmadge.  Here's his statue at the Capitol with his hand firmly on the bribes in his pocket.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2020, 12:26:41 am »
You know a man by his enemies.  Kemp's got the "best".   I admire the heck out of Brian Kemp.
@Jazzhead

You admire a man who took kickbacks from Dominion, Facebook, allowed his Secretary of State to subvert the law regarding mail-in voting, refused to release video surveillance of mail-in collection points in violation of Georgia law, and still to this day refuses to have Dominion voting machines re-certified after software changes were made in October, also a violation of Georgia law, and who refuses to enforce signature checks for absentee ballots as required by law.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2020, 12:32:54 am »
@Jazzhead

You admire a man who took kickbacks from Dominion, Facebook, allowed his Secretary of State to subvert the law regarding mail-in voting, refused to release video surveillance of mail-in collection points in violation of Georgia law, and still to this day refuses to have Dominion voting machines re-certified after software changes were made in October, also a violation of Georgia law, and who refuses to enforce signature checks for absentee ballots as required by law.

Excellent assessment.  :patriot:

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2020, 02:27:53 pm »
@Jazzhead

Plus who refuses to call for a special election.

And does anybody believe this quote?

“Nobody’s fought harder for this president than me up to Nov. 3, and no one has supported him as much as I have after the election with the legal rights that he has to contest the election,” Kemp said.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2020, 02:31:48 pm »
Gov. Kemp was cravenly accused by Stacey Abrams of stealing an election for the Republicans.   And now the Trumpsters are cravenly accusing Gov. Kemp of stealing this election for the Democrats.

Only thing is...there's a little thing called the Constitution that says he can't tell the lawmakers what to do when it comes to choosing electors.

That's the state congressional body's business...not his.

Sorry to disappoint you.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2020, 02:32:35 pm »

“Nobody’s fought harder for this president than me up to Nov. 3, and no one has supported him as much as I have after the election with the legal rights that he has to contest the election,” Kemp said.

Actions speak louder than words Mr. Kemp.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2020, 02:35:46 pm »
Only thing is...there's a little thing called the Constitution that says he can't tell the lawmakers what to do when it comes to choosing electors.

That's the state congressional body's business...not his.

Sorry to disappoint you.

@Jazzhead's approach to the Constitution is rather like his approach to the buffet at Harrahs.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2020, 02:41:25 pm »
@Jazzhead's approach to the Constitution is rather like his approach to the buffet at Harrahs.

Very true.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2020, 03:48:46 pm »

Kemp has had the knife out for Trump ever sine the President questioned his Senate choice for completing Isakson's term.  Kemp is a petty man.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2020, 03:50:58 pm »

With the added option of having something else delivered from outside if he doesn't see anything he likes.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-