Author Topic: A Brit’s Perspective of the Turmoil Festering in America  (Read 176 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

A Brit’s Perspective of the Turmoil Festering in America
« on: December 07, 2020, 07:42:51 pm »
A Brit’s Perspective of the Turmoil Festering in America
The Real Truckmaster, Dec 3, 2020

OK, the first thing to say is to apologize for the sheer cheek of some upstart limey like me commenting on the election in America, but I have to say something because I am sitting here in shocked astonishment looking at what appears to be an engineered tyrannical coup d’état against not just President Trump but against the very ideal of democracy itself.

I’m not going to go into the details of the numerous unprecedented issues of corruption and fraud surrounding this election because those details are many and some are already in the public domain anyway. I am simply going to observe that this is a monumental moment not just in the history of America but in the history of the world, and a monumentally catastrophic moment in terms of freedom, democracy, morality decency and honesty. Those who understand what is actually happening don’t need the whole thing spelled out to them, but those who think nothing terribly untoward is happening other than that President Trump is behaving badly, should listen carefully. Very, very carefully.

The world outside the democratic West is a very brutal place. No left-leaning liberal would wish to live in Saudi Arabia, or Sierra Leone, or countless other such places. No left leaning liberal would wish to have lived in Europe during most of the decades of the 20th century which saw so much devastation and death courtesy of political totalitarians seeking nothing more than power and nothing other than power.

These corrupt, totalitarian systems were finally defeated because America fought on the right side of good v evil, of freedom versus tyranny and did so at great sacrifice in terms of the many young men who never made it home again, who died in foreign fields and foreign seas in order to preserve freedom and democracy.

Yet here we are, toward the end of 2020 looking at the very real possibility of the breakdown of democracy in America itself.

More: https://realtruckmaster.blog/2020/12/03/a-brits-perspective-of-the-turmoil-festering-in-america/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: A Brit’s Perspective of the Turmoil Festering in America
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 07:49:47 pm »
FTA

But how wrong they are. How dangerously wrong they are. The anger of Trump’s supporters is white hot, it is incendiary, it is real and it is entirely, eminently justifiable, and it is not the anger of the loser, it is the anger of the wronged and is about so much more than Trump, this is about the democratic future of the United States of America.

When a country reaches the point of such legal corruption and such moral degeneracy that democracy can be overturned in full view of a complicit and unquestioning media and liberal establishment there is very little guarantee that democracy will ever recover.

Offline mountaineer

Re: A Brit’s Perspective of the Turmoil Festering in America
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 01:54:07 pm »
Yet here we are, toward the end of 2020 looking at the very real possibility of the breakdown of democracy in America itself.
Indeed.

December 7, 2020
A bit of common sense about elections and what they mean
By Robert Curry

You and I are witnesses to a crime; we are witnessing a criminal conspiracy to steal the American presidential election.

What, in your opinion, is this crime's most astonishing feature?  Is it how brazen it is?  ...

The American Idea — government by, for, and of the people under the Constitution — first and foremost requires elections that are as clean as a whistle.  Clean elections are the Constitution's first line of defense, and making certain that elections are clean and fair is our first duty to the Constitution.  To allow stolen elections is to abandon everything the Founders gave us. ...

The Democrats have been chipping away at America's constitutional order for more than a century.  They are now primed for their Big Push that will take that order down once and for all.  Don't let them.   ...
More at American Thinker
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org