Author Topic: Obama criticizes Americans for liking 'cheap gas and big cars' more than 'the environment'  (Read 398 times)

rangerrebew

Obama criticizes Americans for liking 'cheap gas and big cars' more than 'the environment'

The former commander-in-chief recounted a press conference he gave more than a month into the oil spill, saying that his public comments did not adequately express how he truly felt.

By Bradford BetzFOXBusiness
Fox Business Flash top headlines for November 30

Former President Barack Obama, in his latest memoir, criticized Americans for liking “cheap gas and big cars” more than they care about “the environment” – even during a catastrophic event like the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.

The comments came during a section in Obama’s 700-page book, “A Promised Land,” released earlier this month.

On page 570, the former commander in chief recounts a press conference he gave more than a month into the oil spill – now considered one of the largest in history – saying his comments did not adequately express the frustration he truly felt.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/obama-criticizes-americans-for-liking-cheap-gas-and-big-cars-more-than-the-environment

rangerrebew

Of course jetting all over the world to make political speeches and living in a $12 million mansion doesn't mean he likes the trappings of wealth more than the environment.  Being a hypocrite doesn't seem to bother him either. *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 12:38:31 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline The_Reader_David

Cheap gas, yes.  Big cars, not so much.  I'm looking forward to acquiring either a Mazda Miata RF or a Nissan 370Z once I've finished redoing my laundry room so I can put back the stuff that's supposed to be in the laundry room, but which is now taking up the second stall in my two-car garage.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline skeeter

Well Obama can rest easy on half of that 'cause cheap gas is about to go bye bye.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Obama criticizes Americans for liking 'cheap gas and big cars' more than 'the environment'"

I guess that huge, energy-consuming mansions don't count...?
Nor an entourage of Secret Service vehicles whenever he goes anyplace...?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
A big seaside mansion doesn't seem like a house for someone who believes in Global Warming
Countdown to Resignation

Online libertybele

A big seaside mansion doesn't seem like a house for someone who believes in Global Warming

He's already becoming more vocal since Biden has been deem "president-elect".  Count on the SOB leading from the sidelines.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online rustynail

Lord give me strength to endure the second coming of this

blue gummed jug eared evil fool.