Author Topic: ‘Non-negotiable’: GOP Senators say Biden’s pick for attorney general must preserve Durham probe  (Read 232 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Non-negotiable’: GOP Senators say Biden’s pick for attorney general must preserve Durham probe
December 5, 2020 | BPR Wire

Two prominent Republican senators said Thursday that President-elect Joe Biden’s pick for attorney general must commit, in order to win their support for Senate confirmation, to allowing U.S. Attorney John Durham to remain as special counsel in his investigation into the origins of the Trump-Russia probe.

Texas Sen. John Cornyn, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, told CNN that Biden’s choice must “absolutely” allow Durham’s investigation to continue unabated.

“It’s non-negotiable.”

Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley, who is likely to take over as the top Republican on the Judiciary panel, told the network that Durham should get “the same respect” bestowed on Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia.

Grassley supported legislation to protect Mueller’s investigation, which ultimately found no evidence of a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Kremlin.

“Everybody came to me when I was chairman of the committee and wanted to make sure that I would take action to make sure that Trump didn’t fire Mueller,” Grassley told CNN.

“What’s good for the goose is good for the gander, so I want to make sure that Durham gets the same respect.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/12/05/non-negotiable-gop-senators-say-bidens-pick-for-attorney-general-must-preserve-durham-probe-1002539/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

If John Cornyn insists then its because he doesn't want anyone declassifying documents - ever. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with truth or justice.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
LOLZ. 

It takes a Corny and Grasshead to believe sweet lies like that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
‘Non-negotiable’: GOP Senators say Biden’s pick for attorney general must preserve Durham probe...

The nominee will "preserve it" -- until one day after he's confirmed.
Then... it's the choppin' block for Mr. Durham.