Author Topic: Abbott Reverses Reopening for Millions of Texans  (Read 640 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Abbott Reverses Reopening for Millions of Texans
« on: December 05, 2020, 01:26:59 pm »
Texas Scorecard by Brandon Waltens December 4, 2020

Capacity for most businesses in North Texas will be ratcheted back down to 50 percent, and bars will be closed again.

Just as many Texans were beginning to see a potential light at the end of the tunnel of shutdown mandates in response to the Chinese coronavirus, Gov. Greg Abbott has once again reversed his reopening for millions of residents in North Texas.

In September and October, Abbott issued executive orders that expanded capacity limits for many businesses—including restaurants, gyms, and retail stores—to 75 percent.

The caveat? The expanded capacities depended on the hospitalization rate, the number of coronavirus patients as it relates to total hospitalizations in a given area.

Dividing the state into 22 regions called Trauma Service Areas, Abbott announced that any region whose hospitalization rate over seven days is below 15 percent will be allowed to engage in more reopenings.

Trauma Service Area E in North Texas, the state’s most populous, has now met Abbott’s trigger.

Trauma Service Area E contains more than 26 percent of the state’s population and consists of Collin, Cooke, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Fannin, Grayson, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell, Tarrant, and Wise counties.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/abbott-reverses-reopening-for-millions-of-texans/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Abbott Reverses Reopening for Millions of Texans
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 10:37:39 pm »
I will never comply with this nonsense.

The Governor has only emergency power and must go to the legislature to have a more prolonged action that limits our freedoms.

He has not done that, and apparently believes he is now a dictator and the state belongs to him to rule over.

Forget it, Abbott, your arrogance will not be forgotten.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 10:48:40 pm »
Not good ... here I though Abbott was conservative.  Does he really believe that lockdowns are the answer?

If DeSantis changes his mind, the state of FL is screwed as this is the beginning of tourist season when many companies rely on the money made during season to survive after Easter during the summer months.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 10:58:41 pm »
 ****slapping

Once more Abbott proves he is a disappointment.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online rustynail

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 11:17:02 pm »
He just keeps rolling to the left.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 12:01:12 am »
Ducey of AZ will be decreeing the most restrictive lockdown yet in the next week or so.  He proved in the election fiasco he's gone full Democrat.  Cali's Nuisance Governor will be envious.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 12:03:03 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 12:06:51 am »
Ducey of AZ will be decreeing the most restrictive lockdown yet in the next week or so.  He proved in the election fiasco he's gone full Democrat.  Cali's Nuisance Governor will be envious.

That is really very unfortunate ... excuses to lockdown are getting worse.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2020, 03:38:29 am »
I will actively support his opponent in the primary.

I will not comply with tyranny.
Let it burn.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2020, 01:20:24 am »
I will actively support his opponent in the primary.

I will not comply with tyranny.
And it is tyranny.

He does not have the authority under our Texas Constitution to indefinitely limit our freedoms unilaterally without our elected representatives' support.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2020, 02:33:50 am »
@Elderberry

This will go into effect in one area - North Texas.  Our county is one of those. Bars will be closed and businesses open for 50% capacity.  Good.  Our north Texas numbers are going higher and higher.  This is an upscale area and people are good to care for themselves and family.  Most are wearing masks in stores but the best action they are taking is staying a distance away from each other.

My husband does the grocery shopping - he, like most men, enjoy driving around the area.  He keeps himself sanitary when he shops as we are older. 

Our church is in Tarrant County (Fort Worth area) and that county has climbing numbers every day right along with Dallas County.  The church says church members over 65 should not go to church.  The number in the church is already limited and now with this new "rule" less members will be allowed in. 

Physically, I go nowhere, however I travel the world with my computer.  I am writing my last Essay - The Return of Jesus Christ - after that, I will rest my brain and see what happens between now and January 20, 2021, and through the coming Spring. Eventually, during that time, we will get the vaccine.

If some of you get the vaccine, let us know what side effects you have.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2020, 04:08:57 am »
I will never comply with this nonsense.

The Governor has only emergency power and must go to the legislature to have a more prolonged action that limits our freedoms.

He has not done that, and apparently believes he is now a dictator and the state belongs to him to rule over.

Forget it, Abbott, your arrogance will not be forgotten.

All have gone power hungry.   INSANE WITH POWER.   Let, we the people decide what we want to do.  Those scared, stay home, wear your masks.  Let those who want to live...live!   

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2020, 04:10:29 am »
It seems....we the people, have to fix all of this.