Author Topic: Climate Catastrophism and a Sensible Environmentalism  (Read 158 times)

rangerrebew

Climate Catastrophism and a Sensible Environmentalism
« on: December 03, 2020, 03:03:21 pm »

Climate Catastrophism and a Sensible Environmentalism

– October 22, 2020 

Like many of us, I had an iconic and charismatic high school teacher who left a lasting impression. He used to say something memorable about asking for forgiveness: “Apologize if you’re in the wrong,” he said, “but double down if you’re not.”

As the pro-lockdown media poured its anger over the Great Barrington Declaration and other voices for human freedom and dignity have been silenced or viciously attacked, allow me to heed my high school teacher’s great advice ‒ and double down.

Much of the outrage over AIER’s sponsoring and hosting of the Declaration had nothing to do with what the scientists in it said, or even the topic of societal disagreement that it captures. Conspiratorial writers from Byline Times to The Guardian as well as editors at Wikipedia attacked AIER for a minor, inconsequential connection to the “evil” Koch Foundation, damning the Institute’s efforts in a laughable attempt of guilt-by-association.

https://www.aier.org/article/climate-catastrophism-and-a-sensible-environmentalism/