Author Topic: Amazon Sidewalk is activating on Echo devices, even if you don't switch it on  (Read 278 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

CNET
David Priest
Nov. 30, 2020 9:21 a.m. PT

If you have a new Amazon Echo smart speaker, a Ring Spotlight Cam or a Ring Floodlight Cam, you might want to check your app settings: Amazon is automatically switching Sidewalk, a feature that slices off some of your Wi-Fi bandwidth to create a farther-reaching network for Amazon devices using Bluetooth or 900MHz radio signals to communicate, to "on" in the Alexa app.

Amazon Sidewalk has the potential to increase the range of your smart home devices -- making them more reliable at greater distances from your router and other gear -- but its privacy and security implications remain largely untested.

(more)
https://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-sidewalk-is-activating-on-echo-devices-even-if-you-dont-switch-it-on/

Yet one more reason I will never allow these monitoring devices in my home.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Going to check my devices right now
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I sent that to my daughter. She just ordered Ring.