Author Topic: New federal rule to allow other methods of execution besides lethal injection  (Read 838 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

New federal rule to allow other methods of execution besides lethal injection

"As lethal injection drugs become difficult to obtain, some states have begun looking at alternative methods for carrying out death sentences."

By Just the News staff

Updated: November 27, 2020 - 6:53pm

The Justice Department is changing its execution protocols, so that federal executions are no longer required to be done by lethal injection only.

The amended rule, as reported by the AP, allows the government to use lethal injection or “any other manner prescribed by the law of the state in which the sentence was imposed.” The rule was published in the Federal Register on Friday.

Those other manners include “electrocution, inhaling nitrogen gas or death by firing squad.” The amended rule goes into effect on Dec. 24 and comes as the DOJ has scheduled five executions during this lame-duck period.

The reason for the change, according to a Justice Department official, is “the Federal Death Penalty Act requires sentences be carried out in the ‘in the manner prescribed by the law of the state in which the sentence is imposed,’ and some of those states use methods other than lethal injection.”

Executions have been rare in recent years, having been stopped after a botched execution in 2014. A commission was set up to review the death penalty, and Attorney General William Barr announced in 2019 that the review was complete. He said at the time that they would resume executing death row inmates, specifically five men convicted of murdering children.

“The Justice Department upholds the rule of law — and we owe it to the victims and their families to carry forward the sentence imposed by our justice system,” Barr said.

more
https://justthenews.com/government/courts-law/new-federal-rule-allow-other-methods-execution-besides-lethal-injection
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Texas Robin

• Breathe...then go forward
give me a break, it's hard to obtain the drugs for lethal injection, all that needs to be done is overdose them on the drugs that kill so many people. I do like the idea of a firing squad.
Everything has an expiration date, so make the most of it

Offline LegalAmerican

give me a break, it's hard to obtain the drugs for lethal injection, all that needs to be done is overdose them on the drugs that kill so many people. I do like the idea of a firing squad.

Yes.  I like the idea hanging till dead for treason and traitors.   Guillotine?  It is said, Obama had a bunch in his regime.

Offline Knox27

Hard labor cracking rocks for the rest of thier lives is fine for me

Offline roamer_1

Bullets are cheap.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This is an appropriate topic with the treasonous undermining of our country that has occurred during this election cycle.

Let's try them all on the culprits to see which one works best.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Bullets are cheap.

So are lamp posts and rope! We have plenty of both and I want things to be as public as possible!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The manner of execution is not a big deal with me, I just want the heads intact so we can put them up on pikes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The manner of execution is not a big deal with me, I just want the heads intact so we can put them up on pikes.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline roamer_1

So are lamp posts and rope! We have plenty of both and I want things to be as public as possible!

Yep, but I am less inclined toward vengeance or public ridicule... I am only concerned that the law be upheld with efficiency.

Offline libertasbella

• Libertas Bella: Liberty Is Beautiful
  • Libertas Bella: Liberty Is Beautiful
    • Libertas Bella
Bullets are cheap.

Me, personally, I'd want to be executed with a .50 BMG 750gr A-MAX Match. That way I can put one last dent in the federal government's budget.
DeFi tutorials for noobs and normies. Merchandise for apes and chads who want to share the love with our libertarian clothing and 2nd Amendment shirts
"Liberty is beautiful" for all - only at Libertas Bella.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Empressment would be a fun way to execute... or impalement. best to stick to classics.