Author Topic: Lieu: Trump’s Pardon Is ‘Corrupt’ — ‘Congress Needs to Hold Michael Flynn Accountable’  (Read 482 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lieu: Trump’s Pardon Is ‘Corrupt’ — ‘Congress Needs to Hold Michael Flynn Accountable’

Pam Key 26 Nov 2020

Representative Ted Lieu (D-CA) said Thursday on MSNBC that Congress needed to hold former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn “accountable” because President Donald Trump’s pardon was “corrupt.”

Anchor Yasmin Vossoughian said, “Let’s talk about this controversial pardon overnight of Mike Flynn. Here is what Judiciary Chair Jerry Nadler tweeted, and I quote, ‘Mike Flynn lied to investigators about communicating with a foreign adversary, that’s a crime. Trump dangled a pardon in exchange for Flynn’s cooperation, that is abuse of power.’ Is the Judiciary Committee prepared to do more than finger-wagging at this point after this pardon?”

Lieu said, “I do believe that Congress needs to hold Michael Flynn accountable. But let’s first be grateful that Michael Flynn was, in fact, fired and did not serve as national security adviser for the last four years because that would have been a corrupt disaster. That’s in large part due to the professionalism and hard work of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. I want to commend the FBI for their investigation into Michael Flynn.”

He added, “This pardon itself is corrupt. I agree with Chairman Nadler that he was dangled a pardon. That’s why he remained silent and did not incriminate Donald Trump. But now that the pardon has happened, his Fifth Amendment right regarding this issue goes away, and Michael Flynn will now have to testify about what Donald Trump knew related to Russia.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/11/26/lieu-trumps-pardon-is-corrupt-congress-needs-to-hold-michael-flynn-accountable/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Hoodat

Maybe someone should hold Lieu accountable for offering a minor alcohol and pot as an incentive to cross state lines.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Maybe someone should hold Lieu accountable for offering a minor alcohol and pot as an incentive to cross state lines.

Strange days have found us.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It'd be more interesting to see testimony about Biden and the Ukraine, not to mention the CCP.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
But Clinton and Obama pardoning murdering terrorists was just and moral? I don't recall any outraged democrats back then.

Offline skeeter

I care very little, and less each day, what these pigmies think.

Offline PeteS in CA

Some Lieu wants to disregard both the President's Constitutional pardon power and the Constitution's forbidding of double jeopardy?  How soon before he goes for a bill of attainder and an ex post facto law?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline The_Reader_David

Some Lieu wants to disregard both the President's Constitutional pardon power and the Constitution's forbidding of double jeopardy?  How soon before he goes for a bill of attainder and an ex post facto law?

Other than by a bill of attainder or an ex post facto law, I'm not sure how a legislative body is supposed to hold Flynn or anyone else accountable, and seeing that both are unconstitutional, Lieu is just making meaningless noise.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.