Author Topic: Trump’s Flynn Pardon: Will the Judge Accept It?  (Read 241 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump’s Flynn Pardon: Will the Judge Accept It?
« on: November 26, 2020, 03:44:38 pm »
Trump’s Flynn Pardon: Will the Judge Accept It?
Editorial of The New York Sun | November 25, 2020

Will Judge Emmet Sullivan accept President Trump’s pardon of General Michael Flynn? No one has suggested that possibility, other than The New York Sun. The general’s case, though, has become a bonfire of the vanities of one district judge who has denied the presumption of regularity to an official act of the United States government — meaning Attorney General William Barr’s attempt to drop the case.

So why would Judge Sullivan credit President Trump’s workaround of a pardon? We understand, the pardon could be the least fettered of all the powers that the Constitution grants to the president. That doesn’t guarantee that a runaway judge won’t ignore or reject a pardon. The pardon power, after all, is no more holy writ than the clause in Article III that limits the power of the courts to deciding actual cases and controversies.

The reason Mr. Trump pardoned General Flynn in the first place is because the District Judge in the case, Emmet Sullivan, is refusing to accept the government’s finding — on which prosecution and defense agree — that a case or controversy no longer exists. Instead, Judge Sullivan appointed an amicus lawyer to launch a whole new probe, this time against General Flynn and the Attorney General of the United States.

more
https://www.nysun.com/editorials/the-flynn-pardon-will-the-judge-accept-it/91349/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump’s Flynn Pardon: Will the Judge Accept It?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 04:01:34 pm »
It's a good question.  The Judge in AZ refused to accept Joe Arpaio's pardon.  I fully expect Sullivan to attempt it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline oldno7

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 04:04:58 pm »
From pardon to FBI director would be the prudent step.

Offline oldno7

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2020, 04:07:27 pm »
Also--I believe the separation of Sydney Powell from Trump's legal team was done to clear the air over any conflict of interest claim.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 04:41:07 pm »
If he doesn't, look for the Circuit Court of Appeals to step in and do it for him.  It is his superior.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 04:48:22 pm »
If he doesn't, look for the Circuit Court of Appeals to step in and do it for him.  It is his superior.

That's how it was done in AZ when the judge tried to deny the Pardon of Joe Arpaio.  The 9th Circus found for Arpaio.  The Circuit in this case (DC Circuit?) will regret denying Powell's motion to assign a new Judge, because it will soon be in their lap again.  It did not have to be this way.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 05:09:38 pm »
Frankly, I kind of hope Sullivan tries to ignore the pardon, since it would be grounds for impeachment (even some House Ds might vote to impeach a judge who tries to violate a clear and unequivocal provision of the Constitution). OTOH, for the sake of Flynn and his family I hope Sullivan drops his vendetta against Flynn.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2020, 11:41:16 pm »
"Trump’s Flynn Pardon: Will the Judge Accept It?"

I don't think this [prejudiced, affirmative action] "judge" has any choice.
The presidential power of the pardon "Trumps" any ruling he can make o'er Mr. Flynn...

Addendum:
PeteS wrote:
"Frankly, I kind of hope Sullivan tries to ignore the pardon, since it would be grounds for impeachment (even some House Ds might vote to impeach a judge who tries to violate a clear and unequivocal provision of the Constitution)"

NOT A CHANCE the democrat-communists are gonna impeach "one of theirs" for trying to "violate" the Constitution.
I would reckon the demo-commies are gonna do plenty of that themselves, as soon as they get the opportunity...!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 11:44:25 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 02:17:52 am »
You hit the nail squarely on the head Fishrrman. :yowsa:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 04:11:03 am »
Judge Alcee Hastings was impeached by a Dem House and removed by a Dem Senate.  But that was back before the Dems went full fascist.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2020, 03:11:00 pm »
Judge Alcee Hastings was impeached by a Dem House and removed by a Dem Senate.  But that was back before the Dems went full fascist.

Hasting got caught taking a bribe.  He proved that Democrats, on the whole, are A-OK with bribery when he was elected to Congress....
I will NOT comply.