Author Topic: CDC likely to change length of coronavirus quarantine recommendation  (Read 207 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CDC likely to change length of coronavirus quarantine recommendation
by Mike Brest, Breaking News Reporter |
 | November 25, 2020 08:44 AM

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is likely going to reduce the recommended quarantine length, and it could be reduced by half.

The CDC currently recommends individuals exposed to someone with COVID-19 to quarantine for 14 days. However, health officials are considering reducing the length of isolation, according to NPR.

On Tuesday, Adm. Brett Giroir, a member of the White House coronavirus task force, said health officials were rethinking that recommendation, citing "a preponderance of evidence that a shorter quarantine complemented by a test might be able to shorten that quarantine period."

"We are actively working on that type of guidance right now, reviewing the evidence, but we want to make absolutely sure," he said, adding, "These kind of recommendations aren't willy nilly."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cdc-likely-to-change-length-of-coronavirus-quarantine-recommendation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: CDC likely to change length of coronavirus quarantine recommendation
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 03:12:16 pm »
I've seen plenty of state propaganda indicating this will likely be ignored by those in charge... especially this week.

Usually it goes like this: "Day 1, person is exposed... day 5, still tests negative and goes on... day 8, gathers with friends and family... day 10, becomes symptomatic and has created a superspreader event. THAT'S WHY YOU MUST QUARANTINE FOR TWO FULL WEEKS, EVEN WITH THE NEGATIVE TEST!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: CDC likely to change length of coronavirus quarantine recommendation
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 03:15:40 pm »
So, if I want to vacay for a week in Maui, I get to spend 100% of my time in "quarantine," as opposed to the 200% previously required?  And that's assuming they don't do as @jmyrlefuller suggested and ignore the new Diktat?

BFD.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: