Author Topic: This Thanksgiving  (Read 234 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This Thanksgiving
« on: November 23, 2020, 11:39:16 pm »
This 2020 Thanksgiving, if you see 20 cars at your neighbor's house, and you're thinking about reporting them, go to the fridge and drink a big glass of milk.
Why? Milk is good for your teeth!
You know what else is good for your teeth?
Minding your own fuk'n damn business.

Anyway speaking of Turkey, I was just up early many years ago..
(I think it was 1998) to put my special rub on the bird. I always let is soak in before cooking the the turkey. It is verya fine rub one with a special mixture of oils and spices that just "goldens up" the bird when cooked. Yumm Yumm

Well after I had that sucker all greased up and I was about to transfer it to the oven pan, I lost my grip on the 14 pounder. After losing my grip that damn tukey shot out of my hands like a rocket and proceeded to go slip sliding away across the kitchen floor!

Now normally this would be no problem. Just pick
the bird up, and hose it off. I mean hell, any germs will be
cooked out and any extra grit can pass for spice.
But Noooo, not today. Beau, our Golden Retriever, (who had been watching me prep the turkey like a vulture waiting for his next victim) saw the turkey shoot out of my hands and he takes off like a raped ape after it!

For a short while the turkey was out running Beau, but finally the friction of the tile floor slowed it down enough for the dog to pounce. Now mind you, all this time I'm yelling like a mad man
at the frick'n turkey, and at the dog...to both
STOP!

Now somehow, and I still can't grasp the physics
of this, but the turkey took a hard left turn on
the floor. Maybe Beau slapshot it with a reaching
paw, or maybe it bounced off a chair leg like a
bumper pool ball. I don't know. But anyway, poor Beau got caught up in the oil slick the turkey was leaving behind and he skated out of control smack dab into the wall...hard! BAMMM

I'm close on Beau and the birds trail, as all of this is unfolding. Then I too get caught up in the oil,.... Bamm! Down I go. So their we are, Larry, Mo and Curly all up against the wall in a heap.

I think I'll take bath now and soak my sore butt.
As for Beau...he's outside barking at skwerls.
The turkey is a little worse for wear, slightly deformed with a wing and a leg missing, and now, back in the fridge.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

Re: This Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 12:05:50 am »
This 2020 Thanksgiving, if you see 20 cars at your neighbor's house, and you're thinking about reporting them, go to the fridge and drink a big glass of milk.
Why? Milk is good for your teeth!
You know what else is good for your teeth?
Minding your own fuk'n damn business.

Anyway speaking of Turkey, I was just up early many years ago..
(I think it was 1998) to put my special rub on the bird. I always let is soak in before cooking the the turkey. It is verya fine rub one with a special mixture of oils and spices that just "goldens up" the bird when cooked. Yumm Yumm

Well after I had that sucker all greased up and I was about to transfer it to the oven pan, I lost my grip on the 14 pounder. After losing my grip that damn tukey shot out of my hands like a rocket and proceeded to go slip sliding away across the kitchen floor!

But Noooo, not today. Beau, our Golden Retriever, (who had been watching me prep the turkey like a vulture waiting for his next victim) saw the turkey shoot out of my hands and he takes off like a raped ape after it!

For a short while the turkey was out running Beau, but finally the friction of the tile floor slowed it down enough for the dog to pounce. Now mind you, all this time I'm yelling like a mad man
at the frick'n turkey, and at the dog...to both
STOP!

Now somehow, and I still can't grasp the physics
of this, but the turkey took a hard left turn on
the floor. Maybe Beau slapshot it with a reaching
paw, or maybe it bounced off a chair leg like a
bumper pool ball. I don't know. But anyway, poor Beau got caught up in the oil slick the turkey was leaving behind and he skated out of control smack dab into the wall...hard! BAMMM

I'm close on Beau and the birds trail, as all of this is unfolding. Then I too get caught up in the oil,.... Bamm! Down I go. So their we are, Larry, Mo and Curly all up against the wall in a heap.

I think I'll take bath now and soak my sore butt.
As for Beau...he's outside barking at skwerls.
The turkey is a little worse for wear, slightly deformed with a wing and a leg missing, and now, back in the fridge.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Happy Turkey Day @Wingnut   Praying that it will be a joyful and peaceful one for you!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 01:11:03 am »
Thanks for the story, @Wingnut!  I was worried for a second when I saw the title and poster.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 01:15:35 am »
Thanks for the story, @Wingnut!  I was worried for a second when I saw the title and poster.....

@Cyber Liberty

Anything is possible with one of my posts  You never know how it will turn out.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 01:22:09 am »
@Cyber Liberty

Anything is possible with one of my posts  You never know how it will turn out.

True!  Nor which end of the alimentary canal from which it turns out.  Sometimes both!   :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 01:30:56 am »
To MODs 3, 5 and 8 may your alimentary canal be irritated.  Now for Mod 1, I hold a special place for you!  wink777

Offline MOD8

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 01:37:35 am »
The hemorrhoids' you give me are obviously not of your concern.    ****slapping

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 01:49:12 am »

Many, many years ago, my bar cookies for the 4-H fair took a tumble onto the barn floor when the latches on the goofy box they required for all entries failed. I picked those suckers up off that sawdusty floor, blew them off a bit, and put them right back in the box.  Won Grand Champion that year, too.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 01:51:38 am »
Many, many years ago, my bar cookies for the 4-H fair took a tumble onto the barn floor when the latches on the goofy box they required for all entries failed. I picked those suckers up off that sawdusty floor, blew them off a bit, and put them right back in the box.  Won Grand Champion that year, too.

Mmmmmm!  Fiber! 
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2020, 02:31:44 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2020, 02:38:50 am »
One Easter I was helping my Dad carry the ham that was smoked on the b'que to the table -- somehow it slipped onto the ground --- he looked at me --- and we quickly and quietly rinsed it off.  It was crunchy and sandy a bit .... but luckily no one complained or even commented.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2020, 02:40:43 am »

:beer: