Author Topic: Biden picks first Latino to lead Homeland Security  (Read 306 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden picks first Latino to lead Homeland Security
« on: November 23, 2020, 08:37:37 pm »
Biden picks first Latino to lead Homeland Security
By Rafael Bernal - 11/23/20 03:10 PM EST

President-elect Biden is naming Alejandro Mayorkas as the next secretary of the Homeland Security Department, the first Latino to lead the department at the center of immigration policy.

Hispanic community advocates and immigration activists praised the selection, saying Mayorkas is a homeland security professional with personal empathy for immigrants.

“We are thrilled with President-elect Biden’s historic selection of Alejandro Mayorkas to lead the Department of Homeland Security," said Marielena Hincapié, executive director of the National Immigration Law Center.

"This represents an exemplary choice that will not only serve our next president, and the American people well, but also sends a strong signal to immigrant communities that the Biden administration fully intends to follow through on their commitment to undo the harms of the Trump administration," added Hincapié.

Mayorkas, 60, is a lawyer best known for his stints as director of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and as deputy secretary of Homeland Security, the number two spot at the agency.

more
https://thehill.com/latino/527221-biden-picks-first-latino-to-lead-homeland-security
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Biden picks first Latino to lead Homeland Security
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2020, 01:06:11 am »
EGADS...

Hide the keys to the gates.
Because this guy is gonna open them.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 01:12:23 am »
Latino?  WTF is a Latino?   And why would we GAF?  Asking for a guy who married a Cuban slash Puerto Rican
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 01:15:48 am »
Latino?  WTF is a Latino?   And why would we GAF?  Asking for a guy who married a Cuban slash Puerto Rican

Quite frankly, Biden is going to do what he's going to do.

I'm more interested in trying to find a way to move forward and  find a way to create a strong and overwhelming opposition party...finding a leader is the first step.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2020, 01:35:11 am »
Quite frankly, Biden is going to do what he's going to do.

I'm more interested in trying to find a way to move forward and  find a way to create a strong and overwhelming opposition party...finding a leader is the first step.

Like it or not, Trump is the only choice, if you ditch him, we're starting from scratch, and the fact is, he still got over 70+ million votes.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 01:40:23 am »
Like it or not, Trump is the only choice, if you ditch him, we're starting from scratch, and the fact is, he still got over 70+ million votes.

I understand the overwhelming support Trump has, but he's also 74 years old.  Do you still think he's going to continue in politics?  I think he'll go back to his life before he ventured into politics.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 01:42:35 am »
I understand the overwhelming support Trump has, but he's also 74 years old.  Do you still think he's going to continue in politics?  I think he'll go back to his life before he ventured into politics.

He can still be the Kingmaker and galvanize the faithful and promote MAGA candidates to run against the RINOs.  Personally I think Ron DeSantis is the MAGA Candidate for 2024.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2020, 03:27:15 am »
The agency is only 17 years old. There have only been six permanent secretaries in that time frame. Let's not act like this is some groundbreaking, glass-ceiling-shattering hire.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 03:37:12 am »
Look up and learn about the Hispanic surnamed general leading the allies  to invade Okinawa; Pedro

Del Valle
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln