Author Topic: Making sense of the news about Sidney Powell  (Read 495 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Making sense of the news about Sidney Powell
« on: November 23, 2020, 02:06:28 pm »
November 23, 2020
Making sense of the news about Sidney Powell
By Andrea Widburg

You probably already know that Trump's legal team announced that Sidney Powell is not a team member.  The brief statement leaves unanswered the most important question: "Why?"  Absent solid information, speculation leads us either to "This is the beginning of the end" or "This is all part of the plan" — and I'm leaning to the latter.

Events happened with head-spinning speed.  On Thursday, Trump's legal team held a press conference.  Rudy Giuliani talked about traditional voter fraud (cemetery voters, faked ballots, etc.); Sidney Powell talked about corrupt, or corruptible, election software, a familiar topic to the State of Texas, NPR, and MSNBC; and Jenna Ellison reminded the press that the conference was not an evidentiary hearing but was, instead, an opening statement.

For over a week, Powell has been making the media rounds, asserting that the system used in several states — Dominion Software, running on Smartmatic machines — originated in Venezuela when Hugo Chávez wanted a system that could cleanly swing elections his way.  She spoke about votes being counted abroad, software changes, and vote manipulation over the internet.

While her numbers were breathtaking (Trump "had at least 80 million votes"), Powell's stated facts tracked available information: Smartmatic came out of Venezuela; in 2007, Smartmatic announced that it was selling its Sequoia Voting Systems to Dominion; the chairman of Smartmatic's board is a George Soros crony; the system is easily hackable; Georgia's system was vulnerable; and the data coming out of the swing states shows anomalies that cannot occur naturally.  (You can see all the known evidence here.)  These facts made Powell's contentions sound credible.

On Thursday and Friday, there was a public spat between Tucker Carlson and Powell.  Carlson claimed that Powell had no evidence and got nasty when he pushed; Powell asserted that she offered evidence, but Tucker got nasty because it wasn't when he wanted.

This spat put Trump-supporters in the uncomfortable position of choosing between, on the one hand, a lawyer who took on the federal government and proved that its attack on Gen. Michael Flynn was a set-up intended to take down both Flynn and then newly elected President Trump and, on the other hand, a television personality who's been braver than most in calling out leftism and standing up against his own company's quisling tendencies.  (See also what a warrior for truth Sidney Powell has always been.)

And then this:

The Washington Examiner added the claim that "sources close to the president" say Powell lacks evidence, which explains the distancing.  Ask yourself if any "sources close to" Trump has ever been correct.  They're invariably NeverTrumps.  It's possible that this time the source could be correct, but I caution patience.

Powell's response was swift (although it's been deleted from Twitter):

Michael Flynn, Jr., the general's son, parlayed some initial information:

He later added background:

That makes sense.  If Powell represents the campaign, the government regulates individual donations.  If she's apart from the campaign, things are less constrained.

Lin Wood also chimed in, assuring people Powell is still in the game:

There are two ways to view all this:

The "it's all over" viewpoint.  Powell overpromised, and she's become a source of danger and mortification who must be jettisoned.

The "there is a deep game afoot" viewpoint.  Here are the moving parts behind this approach:

1. The facts about Dominion and Smartmatic, above.

2. The strong statistical indication about voter fraud, also above.

3. Powell's statement to Larry O'Connor on Friday that she represents the people, not the president:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

4. The information that Michael Flynn, Jr. and Lin Wood provided about the administration separating from Powell for financial reasons and her still being in the fight.

Currently, I believe that this election was marked by epic fraud.  You cannot convince me that Biden, who got five or six people to his rallies, as opposed to the 52,000 or so at Trump's rallies in Pennsylvania, ended with more votes than Obama.

Nobody ever said proving this fraud would be easy (or, sadly, even possible).  I'm treating its unfolding like an epic novel with a surprise ending.  I just wish I knew whether it was going to be a happy or a tragic ending.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/11/making_sense_of_the_news_about_sidney_powell.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Making sense of the news about Sidney Powell
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 02:17:35 pm »
Makes perfect sense to me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 02:26:24 pm »
Makes perfect sense to me!

With 30% of democrat voters believing fraud happened it makes sense to try to de-politicize this effort. In keeping with the 'We the people' theme. Plus, Powell now is implicating complicit republicans as well.

The WH statement might have been a little more clear, though.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 02:53:11 pm »
With 30% of democrat voters believing fraud happened it makes sense to try to de-politicize this effort. In keeping with the 'We the people' theme. Plus, Powell now is implicating complicit republicans as well.

The voting and vote-counting irregularities in this election *must* be investigated thoroughly, and if it's really true that up to 30% of Ds believe fraud occurred then this is a moment that must be exploited as thoroughly as possible to drive for reform in these practices, and perhaps even to keep Biden out of the WH.  I wish both the Trump legal team and Sidney Powell every success, and I argue that Trump should not concede one inch until every legal avenue has been exhausted.

But this article is fantastically absurd.  *No* positive assistance to the Trump legal case comes from the announcement that Sidney Powell is working independently.  Are there actually *no limits* on the credulity of Trump's supporters, that they will constantly interpret even the most obvious leadership incompetence as flying, invisible, three-dimensional-stealth-jedi chess?

There is a scene in James Cameron's Titanic where a lifeboat of survivors sees the foundering ship tip bow-down in the water, raising its stern into the air, followed by the ship breaking in half and the stern then falling back onto hundreds of swimming people.  "That must be the way it's designed" one of them marvels.
James 1:20

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2020, 02:59:47 pm »
The voting and vote-counting irregularities in this election *must* be investigated thoroughly, and if it's really true that up to 30% of Ds believe fraud occurred then this is a moment that must be exploited as thoroughly as possible to drive for reform in these practices, and perhaps even to keep Biden out of the WH.  I wish both the Trump legal team and Sidney Powell every success, and I argue that Trump should not concede one inch until every legal avenue has been exhausted.

But this article is fantastically absurd.  *No* positive assistance to the Trump legal case comes from the announcement that Sidney Powell is working independently.  Are there actually *no limits* on the credulity of Trump's supporters, that they will constantly interpret even the most obvious leadership incompetence as flying, invisible, three-dimensional-stealth-jedi chess?

There is a scene in James Cameron's Titanic where a lifeboat of survivors sees the foundering ship tip bow-down in the water, raising its stern into the air, followed by the ship breaking in half and the stern then falling back onto hundreds of swimming people.  "That must be the way it's designed" one of them marvels.

I'm looking at the same information you are. Neither of us really know whats going on. You have your opinion & I have mine.

When the reality becomes clear of course I will accept it as there will be no other alternative. In the meantime I will remain optimistic.

Why that should bother anyone is a wonder to me.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 03:05:30 pm »
I'm looking at the same information you are. Neither of us really know whats going on. You have your opinion & I have mine.

When the reality becomes clear of course I will accept it as there will be no other alternative. In the meantime I will remain optimistic.

Why that should bother anyone is a wonder to me.

:yowsa: Very well said @skeeter! :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 03:08:13 pm »
:yowsa: Very well said @skeeter! :beer:
Thanks @Bigun

I really don't need any reminders from the smart kids that I'm not the smartest guy on the forum happy77

Online DB

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 03:10:08 pm »

Giuliani is not the man who should be leading this. He's no longer ready for prime time.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 03:13:17 pm »
Giuliani is not the man who should be leading this. He's no longer ready for prime time.

I think his mind is as good as it ever was FWIW!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2020, 03:17:18 pm »
The tweet that got Sidney Powell suspended from Twitter.

I know because I just got the very same for tweeting it!

The link Between Dominion, Sequoia, Smartmatic, and the CCP

Long but well worth your time!

« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:18:37 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2020, 03:20:06 pm »
Thanks @Bigun

I really don't need any reminders from the smart kids that I'm not the smartest guy on the forum happy77

That's not what I meant @skeeter and I apologize for giving you that impression.  My argument is with the posted article at the top of this thread, not with you.

I quoted you to begin my post because you referenced the news, found elsewhere, that even 30% of Ds believe fraud occurred; you are right to have optimism that some progress can be made here.

What I won't accept is published articles telling me that down is up, and up is down.

Again, my apologies.

James 1:20

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2020, 03:21:46 pm »
That's not what I meant @skeeter and I apologize for giving you that impression.  My argument is with the posted article at the top of this thread, not with you.

I quoted you to begin my post because you referenced the news, found elsewhere, that even 30% of Ds believe fraud occurred; you are right to have optimism that some progress can be made here.

What I won't accept is published articles telling me that down is up, and up is down.

Again, my apologies.

Understood, no apology required. Its all good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2020, 03:31:27 pm »

That 30% thinks there's been massive fraud, and they're OK with it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2020, 03:53:13 pm »
That 30% thinks there's been massive fraud, and they're OK with it.

Probably so, but at least there's a modicum of honesty there. Or at least kind of a grip on reality. Which is more than I can say for most committed leftists I know.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:54:07 pm by skeeter »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2020, 03:56:20 pm »
Probably so, but at least there's a modicum of honesty there. Or at least kind of a grip on reality. Which is more than I can say for most committed leftists I know.

Honest criminals?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2020, 04:07:28 pm »
The tweet that got Sidney Powell suspended from Twitter.

I know because I just got the very same for tweeting it!

The link Between Dominion, Sequoia, Smartmatic, and the CCP

Long but well worth your time!
Facebook blocks posting that link, or any comment with the link in it, or mention of Gnews.org

Interesting, you know what is likely true by what they censor.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis