Author Topic: McConnell, Pelosi hunt for funding deal as shutdown deadline looms  (Read 226 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell, Pelosi hunt for funding deal as shutdown deadline looms
By Jordain Carney - 11/19/20 04:19 PM EST

Staffers for the top four congressional leaders sat down on Thursday to discuss funding the government amid signs of progress toward a spending deal.

A senior Democratic aide confirmed to The Hill that staffers for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (N.Y.) and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) met Thursday.

The meeting comes as Congress has until Dec. 11 to fund the government and avoid a holiday shutdown reminiscent of 2018, when it shuttered for 35 days.

White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, who visited the Capitol on Wednesday, didn't rule out a shutdown, feeding speculation about whether President Trump would be willing to sign a mammoth funding deal on his way out of power. He previously railed against omnibus bills, vowing to "never sign another bill like this again."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/526766-mcconnell-pelosi-hunt-for-funding-deal-as-shutdown-deadline-looms
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: McConnell, Pelosi hunt for funding deal as shutdown deadline looms
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 01:51:15 am »
If I were McConnell (and of course I'm not), I'd tell pelosi to stuff it where the sun don't shine.

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 02:17:46 am »
    They say Shutdowns like that's a bad thing.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 02:36:21 am »
They should do their part to stop the spread. No unnecessary operations.  wink777
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 04:04:14 am »
Seems to me that during the last shutdown very little was actually shut down, and didn't those few government employees that were furloughed end up getting double pay?