Author Topic: Senate Dems hope to tack COVID relief onto government spending bill  (Read 187 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

by: Sarah Doiron and Morgan Wright
Posted: Nov 19, 2020 / 03:50 PM PST   / Updated: Nov 19, 2020 / 03:50 PM PST   

WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR) ─ Senate Democrats are taking a different approach to try and convince their Republican colleagues to come back to the negotiating table for additional COVID-19 relief.

Sen. Chris Van Hollen, D-Maryland, said Americans need Congress to take action sooner rather than later.

“I think the way forward here is to attach a negotiated emergency COVID-19 relief bill to the bill that we need to pass to keep the government operating,” he suggested. “Let’s just get together and figure out a way forward.”

Funding for the federal government expires on Dec. 11, and Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Connecticut, said the pressure is on to avoid a shutdown.

Murphy believes that pressure will give the Democrats the leverage they need to make a deal.

“I’m open to any option that would get relief to folks in Connecticut as soon as possible,” Murphy said. “That includes attaching some COVID spending, like the extension of unemployment benefits, to the budget or to the continuing resolution.”

“We just need to get something done and I’m willing to compromise,” he continued.

more
https://fox40.com/news/political-connection/senate-dems-hope-to-tack-covid-relief-onto-government-spending-bill/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34