Author Topic: Biden declares there will be 'no national shutdown'  (Read 702 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden declares there will be 'no national shutdown'
« on: November 19, 2020, 11:30:57 pm »
Biden declares there will be 'no national shutdown'
by Naomi Lim, Political Reporter |
 | November 19, 2020 05:23 PM

President-elect Joe Biden seemed to grow irritated with reporters for pressing him on his position regarding lockdowns as COVID-19 cases tick up around the country.

"I'm not going to shut down the economy. Period. I'm going to shut down the virus," he said Thursday after remarks in Wilmington, Delaware. "No national shutdown. No national shutdown."

The two-term vice president added each community was different and that a uniform decision would be “counterproductive.”

More than 250,000 people in the United States have died from the novel coronavirus.

more
President-elect Joe Biden seemed to grow irritated with reporters for pressing him on his position regarding lockdowns as COVID-19 cases tick up around the country.

"I'm not going to shut down the economy. Period. I'm going to shut down the virus," he said Thursday after remarks in Wilmington, Delaware. "No national shutdown. No national shutdown."

The two-term vice president added each community was different and that a uniform decision would be “counterproductive.”

More than 250,000 people in the United States have died from the novel coronavirus.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Biden declares there will be 'no national shutdown'
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 01:43:06 pm »
Joe Biden   @JoeBiden
Today, I'm announcing key COVID-19 priorities for the first 100 days of my administration:

- Everyone wears a mask
- 100 million vaccinations
- Reopen the majority of schools

With these steps, we can change the course of the disease and change life in America for the better.
6:45 PM · Dec 8, 2020·
*****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 05:50:49 pm »
So he wouldn't do something he lacks the constitutional authority to do? Could he make that a habit if he becomes President?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 05:53:17 pm »
So he wouldn't do something he lacks the constitutional authority to do? Could he make that a habit if he becomes President?

No, because he's lying on this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 09:01:29 pm »
I don't think he will. As @PeteS in CA said it would be unconstitutional. Even more importantly, it would be political suicide. Even the folks in Ca are screaming for the gov's head right now. Imagine if this were countrywide.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 05:50:09 pm »
I'm parsing Biden's words very carefully: he's going to shut down the virus without shutting down the country, eh? He's leaving a hole large enough for the ISS to fly through.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online rustynail

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 06:06:45 pm »
Good that we have a leader that does what he says.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 06:07:35 pm »
I'm parsing Biden's words very carefully: he's going to shut down the virus without shutting down the country, eh? He's leaving a hole large enough for the ISS to fly through.

This Virus is a JV team.  I can whoop it in my 1st 100 day's.

Joe Biden He knows JV teams.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2020, 12:20:03 am »
This Virus is a JV team.  I can whoop it in my 1st 100 day's.

Joe Biden He knows JV teams.
Especially if by JV you mean Junior Vajayjays.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2020, 12:22:05 am »
Especially if by JV you mean Junior Vajayjays.

Nope.  As in ISIS
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2020, 12:26:19 am »
No, because he's lying on this.

YES!  And the reporter of article seems to be Chinese?  Speaks to loyalty of America or NOT.  A lot of media is owned by foreign company's.  888mouth

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2020, 12:31:46 am »
NO.  CDC said about 9,000 died from actual COVID a bit ago.  So by now, maybe 10 K.  Our normal yearly flu, kills about 30K. 

MALPRACTICE  kills about 200,000 people a year.  Covid is just ANOTHER flu/cold virus.  CORONAVIRUS.  Notice they listed the lie, TWICE?  Some articles from LEFTS....say 300,000.  They just say whatever they feel. 
----------------------------------------
More than 250,000 people in the United States have died from the novel coronavirus. =ARTICLE

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2020, 12:35:35 am »
I don't think he will. As @PeteS in CA said it would be unconstitutional. Even more importantly, it would be political suicide. Even the folks in Ca are screaming for the gov's head right now. Imagine if this were countrywide.

DEMS..don't follow our constitution and it is no political suicide.  Some of you keep posting as if, it was 50 years ago!  Sorry don't mean to be nasty, but 2020...is not a normal year.  We are under communist siege.  CHINA BIDEN AND HUNTER.  STALEWELL.   

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2020, 12:36:26 am »
Nope.  As in ISIS
Pretty sure both work when it comes to Joe.