Author Topic: Georgia: Legal Updates  (Read 82512 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Georgia: Legal Updates
« Reply #400 on: December 14, 2020, 07:07:13 pm »
Michelle Ye Hee Lee
@myhlee

Meanwhile, in another part of the GA State Capitol, 16 GOP electors cast ballots for Trump, declaring that "the contest of the election is ongoing." Photo via @HaistenWillis, who's reporting from the room.

12:32 PM · Dec 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/myhlee/status/1338537446838071304

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #401 on: December 14, 2020, 07:15:32 pm »
This needs to be broadcast throughout the state

Rashida Tlaib: ‘Allah’ Has Given Opportunity to Show ‘Power of Muslims in Georgia’
Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) claimed over the weekend that Muslim voters in Georgia have been given an opportunity from Allah to show their “power” in the Peach State during the Senate runoff elections.

Tlaib’s remarks came during an online “vote-a-thon,” which was co-hosted by the Georgia chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and the Georgia Muslim Voter Project.
“I hope that you realize just the opportunity here that Allah has given us to show the power of Muslims in Georgia,” Tlaib said, according to CNS News. “I want people to be like, oh my God, I didn’t even know Muslims are in Georgia. … Exactly! Because we’re going to show them in droves of numbers.”

“I want to, mash’allah [what Allah has willed] be able to say, ‘Look at the voting in these precincts and guess what? It was the Muslim vote that delivered Georgia,'” she added.

Others who took part in the “vote-a-thon” included “squad” member Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) and the far-left Women’s March co-founder, Linda Sarsour.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/14/tlaib-allah-giving-opportunity-show-power-muslims-georgia/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #402 on: December 14, 2020, 07:17:05 pm »
Michelle Ye Hee Lee
@myhlee

Meanwhile, in another part of the GA State Capitol, 16 GOP electors cast ballots for Trump, declaring that "the contest of the election is ongoing." Photo via @HaistenWillis, who's reporting from the room.

12:32 PM · Dec 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/myhlee/status/1338537446838071304

David Shafer
@DavidShafer

Because the President’s lawsuit contesting the Georgia election is still pending, the Republican nominees for Presidential Elector met today at noon at the State Capitol today and cast their votes for President and Vice President.

12:51 PM · Dec 14, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/DavidShafer/status/1338542161932021762

David Shafer
@DavidShafer

Had we not meet today and cast our votes, the President’s pending election contest would have been effectively mooted. Our action today preserves his rights under Georgia law.

1:07 PM · Dec 14, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/DavidShafer/status/1338546066346676224

« Reply #403 on: December 14, 2020, 07:34:04 pm »
Newt Gingrich
@newtgingrich

Why is Georgia Secretary of State Raffensperger working so hard to add drop boxes and take other steps to make it harder for Republicans to win. Is he really that intimidated by Stacey Abrams?

1:30 PM · Dec 13, 2020·Twitter for iPad

https://twitter.com/newtgingrich/status/1338189444311101441

« Reply #404 on: December 14, 2020, 08:16:48 pm »
There are rumblings on Al Gore's magnificent Internet that the Senate runoff in GA will be postponed. 

« Reply #405 on: December 15, 2020, 01:36:47 am »
Why was Cobb County selected?  I thought Fulton County had the obvious issues.

JUST IN: Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger Announces Signature Audit For Absentee Ballots in Cobb County
By Cristina Laila
Published December 14, 2020 at 4:11pm

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger on Monday announced a signature audit in Cobb County.

“We stand ready to answer each and every question out there,” Raffensperger said. “Every Georgian should have faith in our elections.”

The audit should take two weeks to complete according to Raffensperger.

Jenny Beth Martin
@jennybethm
·
5h
Breaking: 🚨
@GaSecofState
 announced there will be signature audit in Cobb Co., GA based on info they did not verify signatures.

My .02 audit must include be in 3 places: signature on file, absentee ballot application sig, AND outer envelope sig - must verify ALL THREE.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/12/just-georgia-secretary-state-brad-raffensperger-announces-signature-audit-absentee-ballots-cobb-county/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons

@Hoodat
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 01:38:45 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #406 on: December 15, 2020, 01:07:22 pm »
Why was Cobb County selected?  I thought Fulton County had the obvious issues.

@Hoodat

@IsailedawayfromFR

Why Cobb?  Maybe because of this:

Without the envelopes, there is no way to check signatures.  Raffensperger knows this.  So does the State GOP.

btw, mail-in fraud was not in any way limited to Fulton.  It was state wide.  Cobb, Fulton, Dekalb, Gwinnett, Clayton, Henry, Chatham, Lowndes, Hall, Paulding - all saw huge jumps in Dem votes via mail-in ballots. 

I don't trust Raffensperger at all.  If he is giving his OK to signature checks in Cobb after refusing for the last six weeks, then he knows nothing will be found.  And the rules that he unilaterally (albeit illegally) put in place back in Spring without legislative approval will still be in effect during the runoff, which means that signatures won't be checked in that election either.  He needs for the Democrats to win both races in order to help exonerate himself from a future indictment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

« Reply #407 on: December 15, 2020, 01:53:03 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Why Cobb?  Maybe because of this:

Without the envelopes, there is no way to check signatures.  Raffensperger knows this.  So does the State GOP.

btw, mail-in fraud was not in any way limited to Fulton.  It was state wide.  Cobb, Fulton, Dekalb, Gwinnett, Clayton, Henry, Chatham, Lowndes, Hall, Paulding - all saw huge jumps in Dem votes via mail-in ballots. 

I don't trust Raffensperger at all.  If he is giving his OK to signature checks in Cobb after refusing for the last six weeks, then he knows nothing will be found.  And the rules that he unilaterally (albeit illegally) put in place back in Spring without legislative approval will still be in effect during the runoff, which means that signatures won't be checked in that election either.  He needs for the Democrats to win both races in order to help exonerate himself from a future indictment.
Thx.

The next question is how many Georgians know what a pitchfork is?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #408 on: December 15, 2020, 02:24:23 pm »
Thx.

The next question is how many Georgians know what a pitchfork is?

We prefer long rifles.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #409 on: December 15, 2020, 04:27:56 pm »
Georgia Secretary of State Orders Absentee Ballot Signature Verification Audit for Cobb County

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger ordered an absentee ballot signature verification audit for Cobb County late Monday afternoon.

Raffensperger’s order came just hours after Democratic electors in Georgia cast 16 votes for Joe Biden in Monday’s meeting of the electoral college at the State Capitol. Earlier, Raffensperger certified that Biden secured a little less than 12,000 more votes than Donald Trump in the race for president in the November 3 general election in the state.

“Though the outcome of the race in Georgia will not change, conducting this audit follows in the footsteps of the audit-triggered hand recount we conducted in November to provide further confidence in the accuracy, security, and reliability of the vote in Georgia,” Raffensperger said in a statement. “I look forward to working with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, Cobb County, and any other future partners to secure the vote in the Peach State.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/15/georgia-secretary-of-state-orders-absentee-ballot-signature-verification-audit-for-cobb-county/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #410 on: December 15, 2020, 04:42:46 pm »
Georgia Secretary of State Orders Absentee Ballot Signature Verification Audit for Cobb County

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger ordered an absentee ballot signature verification audit for Cobb County late Monday afternoon.

Raffensperger’s order came just hours after Democratic electors in Georgia cast 16 votes for Joe Biden in Monday’s meeting of the electoral college at the State Capitol. Earlier, Raffensperger certified that Biden secured a little less than 12,000 more votes than Donald Trump in the race for president in the November 3 general election in the state.

“Though the outcome of the race in Georgia will not change, conducting this audit follows in the footsteps of the audit-triggered hand recount we conducted in November to provide further confidence in the accuracy, security, and reliability of the vote in Georgia,” Raffensperger said in a statement. “I look forward to working with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, Cobb County, and any other future partners to secure the vote in the Peach State.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/15/georgia-secretary-of-state-orders-absentee-ballot-signature-verification-audit-for-cobb-county/

Obviously Riff-Raff knows the envelopes with the signatures have all been shredded.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #411 on: December 15, 2020, 05:02:30 pm »
Who do we think changes parties first:  Kemp or Raffensperger?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #412 on: December 15, 2020, 05:05:49 pm »
Who do we think changes parties first:  Kemp or Raffensperger?

@Right_in_Virginia

Neither.

They are both more effective in destroying America where they are,and because of that,they will both get a bigger cut of the swag when the dust settles.

One of my favorite truisms to explain why people commit treason is "There is always big money in treason,and none whatsoever in patriotism."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #413 on: December 15, 2020, 06:25:39 pm »
@Victoria33
@Cyber Liberty
Georgia Code 21-2-92  (My bold
"No poll officer shall be eligible for any nomination for public office or to be voted for at a primary or election at which the poll officer shall serve. No person who is otherwise holding public office, other than a political party office, shall be eligible to be appointed as or to serve as a poll officer."
@Hoodat
@XenaLee
@Cyber Liberty

I just came back to this thread and I need to fix what I said.  I should not have said, working at a "poll"or "polls".  Elected officials can work on elections, but not at a polling place.  The above law is talking about elected county/state office holders working at a polling place.  That is like Texas: they cannot work at a polling place but it does not mean these ELECTED officers cannot be part of running the election system.  Here is Georgia's law section about their Elections Advisory Council - note the elected officials working on their election system.  Consider the rest in quotes:

ELECTIONS ADVISORY COUNCIL
Thank you for visiting the Secretary of State’s Elections Advisory Council (EAC) website. Please click here to access the EAC Final Report and Recommendations.

Highlights from the EAC Final Report and Recommendations include urging the Georgia General Assembly to adopt the following proposals in the 2012 legislative session:

Amend the process by which Independent and political body candidates qualify for placement on the ballot.

Design and implement a secure electronic voter registration system.
To save money and reduce strain on county election offices, eliminate the September special election date to fill a vacancy in a county or municipal office in an even-numbered year.

Permit county election offices to save resources by utilizing electronic record retention technology for voter registration and related materials.

The EAC also recommends that the Georgia General Assembly consider these items as part of a legislative study committee: The EAC also recommends that the Georgia General Assembly consider these items as part of a legislative study committee:

Should the current majority threshold for election victory be changed to a set plurality for all elections?

Should the current majority threshold for election victory be changed to a set plurality for special elections only?

Should municipal elections that are currently held in odd-numbered years be held in even-numbered years?

Further, the EAC suggests the creation of the Georgia Election Code and State Election Board Rules Review Committee. The Committee will carefully examine each document and draft suggestions for clarification, consolidation and reorganization of materials to allow for better comprehension and understanding. For example, the Committee will consider revision and clarification of state election law regarding residency and where voters are required to cast their ballots.

Finally, the EAC recognizes that some items require future study by the Secretary of State’s Office before encouraging the Georgia General Assembly to enact changes to current election law. One example is the creation of vote centers so voters can cast their ballots in-person at any polling place within their county.

Background

Georgia has taken tremendous steps to implement numerous safeguards and voting opportunities that make our elections among the most secure and accessible in the country. Though we are proud of the progress we have made to secure our elections and guarantee ballot access for voters, there are always opportunities to improve our elections processes at all levels of government.

To achieve this goal, Secretary of State Brian Kemp formed the Secretary of State’s Elections Advisory Council (EAC). The EAC reviewed the Georgia Election Code and State Election Board Rules throughout 2011 to make recommendations that improve and strengthen Georgia’s election laws and procedures. In particular, the EAC looked for improvements that create cost savings and increase efficiencies for state, county and local governments.

The EAC is comprised of the following experienced election officials and leaders from across Georgia:

Lynn Bailey, Executive Director, Richmond County Board of Elections
Richard Barclift, Elections Superintendent, City of Chickamauga
Todd Blackwell, Baldwin County Probate Judge and Elections Superintendent
Nancy Boren, Director, Muscogee County Office of Elections and Voter Registration
State Senator Hardie Davis (D - Augusta)
State Representative Mark Hamilton (R - Cumming)
Mike Jablonski, General Counsel, Democratic Party of Georgia
Beth Kish, Elections and Registration Manager, Cobb County Board of Elections & Registration
Anne Lewis, General Counsel, Georgia Republican Party
Charles Schwabe, Mayor, City of Swainsboro
David Shock, Associate Professor of Political Science, Kennesaw State University
Jeff “Bodine” Sinyard, Chairman, Dougherty County Commission
Charlotte Sosebee, Hall County Elections Director
State Senator Cecil Staton (R - Macon)

The EAC conducted meetings in Atlanta, Savannah, Albany and Augusta to receive input from the public, organizations, county elections directors and elected officials. Each EAC meeting featured a period reserved for public comment, so citizens could provide members and others in attendance an overview of their issues and ideas. In addition, the EAC’s website featured an e-government resource that allowed Georgians to submit their ideas to strengthen Georgia’s elections online.

The EAC thanks every citizen who took time to attend a public meeting or submit a suggestion for election reform. This report demonstrates that despite our sometimes partisan differences, men and women dedicated to improving our great state can do so in a non-partisan manner for the benefit of all Georgians.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #414 on: December 15, 2020, 07:00:33 pm »
I read somewhere that Kemp and his SOS got some sort of incentives from Dominion to use their machines. If so, and the results were fraudulent, it would be the end for both politically.
@Hoodat
@Smokin Joe
@Cyber Liberty

Yesterday, I read about examining two Dominion machines by people who know how to do that, I don't remember which state, and both machines did switch numbers from Trump to Biden.  This happening has been found in Dominion machines in numerous states.  Those machines needs to be dumped and the company sued for sending out machines they knew would do that.

With Gov. Kemp, and his Secretary of State, who decides which machine to use, and their mainly saying nothing, did they get incentive cash from Dominion?  Otherwise, they would be on a hot trail to find out why their machines failed.  I cannot come up with a reason for them to stay mostly quiet, unless it is they are dirty.

So, are they going to use these same machines on Jan. 5?  Can "someone" who knows how, change them so they flip Democrat votes to Republican votes and the two Republicans win?  Would the governor and sec. of state, make that happen, or are they too scared to have it happen again?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #415 on: December 15, 2020, 07:09:22 pm »
So, are they going to use these same machines on Jan. 5?  Can "someone" who knows how, change them so they flip Democrat votes to Republican votes and the two Republicans win?  Would the governor and sec. of state, make that happen, or are they too scared to have it happen again?

@Victoria33

The rap on Dominion is hacking into their machines isn't a "bug," it's a "feature" that's documented in the long version of the Users Manual.  It's meant to be hackable, because its original purpose was for the CIA to use it to alter foreign elections.  They bought it from the Venezuelan government because it was so successful in their elections.

And, AFAIK, the same machines will be used in the Runoff elections in GA.  It's virtually guaranteed to repeat the 11/3/20 fiasco.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #416 on: December 15, 2020, 07:16:56 pm »
@Victoria33

The rap on Dominion is hacking into their machines isn't a "bug," it's a "feature" that's documented in the long version of the Users Manual.  It's meant to be hackable, because its original purpose was for the CIA to use it to alter foreign elections.  They bought it from the Venezuelan government because it was so successful in their elections.
And, AFAIK, the same machines will be used in the Runoff elections in GA.  It's virtually guaranteed to repeat the 11/3/20 fiasco.
@Cyber Liberty

Yes, I have read it is a "feature" and the Georgia Gov.,Sec.of.State should/would have known that, right?  It is a terrible thing those machines will put two Democrat Senators in the Senate.  Then, Biden cannot be checked.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #417 on: December 15, 2020, 08:08:08 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Yes, I have read it is a "feature" and the Georgia Gov.,Sec.of.State should/would have known that, right?  It is a terrible thing those machines will put two Democrat Senators in the Senate.  Then, Biden cannot be checked.

@Victoria33 I think "a terrible thing" is an understatement.  Illegal, unconstitutional and treasonous is more like it. Not only will those machines add DEMS to the Senate, they will also seat a traitor who has financial ties and "dealings" with China.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #418 on: December 15, 2020, 08:43:41 pm »
@Victoria33 I think "a terrible thing" is an understatement.  Illegal, unconstitutional and treasonous is more like it. Not only will those machines add DEMS to the Senate, they will also seat a traitor who has financial ties and "dealings" with China.

@libertybele

Which is PRECISELY WHY THEY WERE USED.

They weren't used by accident. There is purpose at work,here.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #419 on: December 15, 2020, 10:51:04 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
It is a terrible thing those machines will put two Democrat Senators in the Senate.  Then, Biden cannot be checked.

Three.  Don't forget John James in Michigan.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #420 on: December 15, 2020, 10:55:00 pm »
Three.  Don't forget John James in Michigan.

Good point. John James margin of loss in MI was half of that of DJT.  If the dims pull off GA, they will have effectively stolen both the Presidency and the Senate.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #421 on: December 15, 2020, 11:10:21 pm »
Good point. John James margin of loss in MI was half of that of DJT.  If the dims pull off GA, they will have effectively stolen both the Presidency and the Senate.

And we'll have all 3 Branches in agreement that cheating in elections is a wonderful thing.  No blind eye, nosirree.  They all see it, and are just fine with it.

Within the next three cycles we'll see election results of >90% for the victors.  Just like the old USSR.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #422 on: December 16, 2020, 12:12:34 am »
And we'll have all 3 Branches in agreement that cheating in elections is a wonderful thing.  No blind eye, nosirree.  They all see it, and are just fine with it.

Within the next three cycles we'll see election results of >90% for the victors.  Just like the old USSR.

@Cyber Liberty

It is MY reluctant conclusion that it will be "THAT time" within the next 3 years. It it doesn't happen by then,it will never happen.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #423 on: December 16, 2020, 06:54:39 pm »
How about this sports fans?

Robert Patrick Lewis@RobertPLewis
·
2h
Holy crap. The emergency order passed in Georgia to allow absentee voting (see: fraud) expired 5 days before the election with no renewal.

Every part of the #Georgia election process was illegal.

You should be very angry.

#WarRoomPandemic

https://twitter.com/RobertPLewis/status/1339239810754465793
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #424 on: December 16, 2020, 11:00:18 pm »
Here is the press release that Raffensperger issued on Tuesday, March 24th 2020:

RAFFENSPERGER TAKES UNPRECEDENTED STEPS TO PROTECT SAFETY AND VOTER INTEGRITY IN GEORGIA

(ATLANTA) -- Secretary of State Raffensperger is taking unprecedented steps to protect the public health of Georgia voters while also upholding the integrity of the vote. These temporary steps are being made because of the COVID-19 pandemic threatening public health in Georgia and around the world.

Secretary Raffensperger will be mailing absentee ballot request forms to every Georgia voter. This extraordinary effort to ensure all Georgians can vote without fear for their health will supplement extra measures to ensure those who rely on in-person voting to access the ballot can do so safely.

“Times of turbulence and upheaval like the one we Georgians face require decisive action .  .  .

That was 225 days before election day.  Here is the statute that Raffensperger used:

§ 50-13-4 - Procedural requirements for adoption, amendment, or repeal of rules; emergency rules; limitation on action to contest rule; legislative override

(4)(b) (b) If any agency finds that an imminent peril to the public health, safety, or welfare, including but not limited to, summary processes such as quarantines, contrabands, seizures, and the like authorized by law without notice, requires adoption of a rule upon fewer than 30 days' notice and states in writing its reasons for that finding, it may proceed without prior notice or hearing or upon any abbreviated notice and hearing that it finds practicable to adopt an emergency rule. Any such rule adopted relative to a public health emergency shall be submitted as promptly as reasonably practicable to the House of Representatives and Senate Committees on Judiciary. The rule may be effective for a period of not longer than 120 days but the adoption of an identical rule under paragraphs (1) and (2) of subsection (a) of this Code section is not precluded; provided, however, that such a rule adopted pursuant to discharge of responsibility under an executive order declaring a state of emergency or disaster exists as a result of a public health emergency, as defined in Code Section 38-3-3, shall be effective for the duration of the emergency or disaster and for a period of not more than 120 days thereafter.

The use of this statute does not absolve Raffensperger of violating the US Constitution when it comes to election laws.  But the usage itself is now invalidated by the 120-day limit.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-