Author Topic: Warnock: ‘Nobody Can Serve God and the Military’  (Read 129 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Warnock: ‘Nobody Can Serve God and the Military’
« on: November 18, 2020, 02:50:27 pm »
2020 Election   
Warnock: ‘Nobody Can Serve God and the Military’
'Choose ye this day who you will serve,' said the Democrat

Alana Goodman - November 17, 2020 4:00 PM

Democratic Senate candidate Raphael Warnock said in a 2011 sermon that Americans cannot serve God while also serving in the U.S. military.

The newly unearthed comments threaten to complicate Warnock's candidacy in a tight Georgia Senate race: Georgia is home to the fifth largest active duty military population in the country, according to a 2018 Department of Defense report.

"America, nobody can serve God and the military," Warnock said in the sermon delivered at Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta, where he serves as senior pastor. "You can't serve God and money. You cannot serve God and mammon at the same time."

"America choose ye this day who you will serve. Choose ye this day!" he added.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

more
https://freebeacon.com/2020-election/warnock-americans-cant-serve-god-and-the-military/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Warnock: ‘Nobody Can Serve God and the Military’
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 02:57:33 pm »
And for our next hymn... "Onward Christian Soldiers".

I know this is out of context, but the part which raises the question of whether this is preaching for the Lord (God) or making a political speech from the pulpit (mammon) is that people are openly applauding...

More the sort of thing to be seen at a political rally than in any congregation I have witnessed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 03:03:52 pm »
Echoes of "G-damn America" from Warnock the bigtime America and Jew hater. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 03:15:07 pm »
Echoes of "G-damn America" from Warnock the bigtime America and Jew hater.
That was the first thing I thought when I saw the clip.

Here's the irony, though. When I was a kid, one way most of the poorer whites and blacks where I grew up saw to to succeed involved going into the service and doing their hitch, coming out and going to college on the GI Bill, or if they really liked what the military has to offer, staying there for long enough to retire from that and going on to another civil service job to pick up a second check in their old age, using the veteran hiring preference with any other preferences genetics may have bestowed on them.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis