Author Topic: GA Senate candidate Ossoff wants to ban semi-auto rifles, ‘high-capacity’ magazines, and more  (Read 301 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Ryan Morgan   November 11, 2020

Jon Ossoff, a candidate for one of Georgia’s two runoff senate elections, said on his campaign website that he supports a ban on semi-automatic rifles, which he referred to as “assault weapons,” and a ban on “high-capacity magazines,” as well as “red flag” confiscation laws.

Ossoff stated in his gun policy platform, “I support the Second Amendment and I respect the overwhelming majority of gun owners who recognize that guns aren’t toys; they are lethal and dangerous tools.” Ossoff then listed a number of gun policy proposals he supports, including the ban on semi-automatic rifles and magazines over a certain capacity.

Ossoff is headed for a runoff election with, Sen. David Purdue (R-GA) on Jan. 5, 2021. The runoff race comes after Purdue led with 49.7 percent of the vote to Ossoff’s 48 percent of the vote. Georgia’s election laws require a candidate to run a majority of votes to win a race outright, otherwise, the race goes to a runoff. The race between Purdue and Ossoff is taking place while Georgia’s other Senate seat is also headed to a runoff after a special election.

“I support a ban on the sale of semi-automatic rifles (“assault weapons”) and high-capacity magazines to the general public,” Ossoff said in his gun policy platform. However, he did not describe what capacity qualifies gun magazines to be “high-capacity.”

Explaining his position on banning semi-automatic rifles and magazines above a certain capacity, Ossoff’s platform states, “Americans who would purchase high-powered weapons derived from modern military technology should be required to demonstrate high qualification and compelling specific needs.”

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/11/ga-senate-candidate-ossoff-wants-to-ban-semi-auto-rifles-high-capacity-magazines-and-more/

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I wouldn't trust this Russian as far as I could throw him.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A Fishrrman prediction:

Ossof is gonna do as well against David Purdue...
... as Beto the dirt eater did against Ted Cruz.

And that ought to give folks sumthin' to think about !

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I don't understand the need for a runoff in this race as everything I see currently has Perdue well over 50%.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I wouldn't trust this Russian as far as I could throw him.

Russia Russia Russia!  However...in this case...

He is a commie bastard.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Explaining his position on banning semi-automatic rifles and magazines above a certain capacity, Ossoff’s platform states, “Americans who would purchase high-powered weapons derived from modern military technology should be required to demonstrate high qualification and compelling specific needs.”

I have the highest qualification, "Shall not be infringed".... and the reason for guns is NOT for hunting (a given) but for defending themselves from military/government should it go awry.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....