Author Topic: Biden Covid advisor says U.S. lockdown of 4 to 6 weeks could control pandemic and revive economy  (Read 3678 times)

Online mountaineer

I don't believe the numbers, especially the alleged death toll. Didn't CDC admit not too long ago that only around 6% of the "covid" deaths actually were caused by the covid19 virus?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Ok, say we do this, are we going to isolate the country afterward? This virus need no mate, one illegal, one foreign student, one person in the middle of nowhere reinstalls the virus in circulation then in a few months back to the same... Yep, herd mentality or a vaccine is the only answer.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

That's half right.  I do love using a blow torch to sear my steak!  It's also my lack of love for that nasty white crap that falls from the sky between November and March Every.  Damned.  Year.  LOL!  My feet were always cold, and speaking of colds, mine would start in October and last until April.  Every year.

I cannot tell you how great I felt that first "year without a Winter."

Sooo... I am betting city boy back in Michigan... Most of the Michiganders I know are Yoopers, and they react to snow much like we do up in here... Mainly with indifference.

If your feet were cold, you obviously lacked proper gear. My feet are never cold. Snopaks and woolies, sheepskin lined mocs... Mostly I have to worry being too hot all winter and making sweat...

And I don't get your perpetual cold. I maybe get good and proper sick once every four years or so, and then I don't get sick at all.

I am certain to be found right here buried in snow till I die, and happy as a clam for it.  :beer: :seeya:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 08:16:14 am by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

This virus will surrender when herd immunity is attained --- through a return to normal life --- but certainly not be mandating healthy Americans wear masks in their homes while hiding in the basement.

Actually it has already largely surrendered... It is already far less lethal than it was, which is why they now measure cases rather than deaths... Even as artificially elevated as the death toll was, they can't sustain it anymore, because by and large, folks are just refusing to die from this common cold.

Offline Victoria33

Sorry, it's been done, and it failed.  Normal, adult people will rebel in the period of time required for a hat to fall to the ground.  They will not comply.
@Cyber Liberty

This country did not stay shut down long enough.  England goes by the number in hospitals.  If hospital patient numbers reach a certain number, they will shut down the country and that is what is happening now.  They are shut down until Dec. 2.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
This is insanity, of course.   

We know how COVID is being spread - in informal gatherings where folks let their guard down.   The answer is to keep restaurants and businesses open,  following protocols for safety, and reduce the need for folks to gather in unsafe surroundings. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
"We" don't have to shut down @Victoria33  ... you do.  You're 87.  It sounds like you're making the right decisions for your life; I hope you continue to do so. 

Now please get out of the way and allow the rest of us to exercise the same right. 

This virus will surrender when herd immunity is attained --- through a return to normal life --- but certainly not be mandating healthy Americans wear masks in their homes while hiding in the basement.

100 percent agree.  We all know what we need to do to be safe.   It's a matter of taking personal responsibility - especially those who know they are at higher risk.   It is insane for the government to destroy our prosperity because it is convinced we are foolish children.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline roamer_1

Quote from: Victoria33 link=topic=419642f.msg2324651#msg2324651 date=1605187288

This country did not stay shut down long enough.  England goes by the number in hospitals.  If hospital patient numbers reach a certain number, they will shut down the country and that is what is happening now.  They are shut down until Dec. 2.

@Victoria33

Sorry darlin, but you could shut this country down for years and it wouldn't make any difference to the virus. It certainly would make a difference to everybody's pocketbooks.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 01:44:36 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Hoodat

@Cyber Liberty

This country did not stay shut down long enough.

This is naiveté at best.  Consider when this virus first hit.  We were a population with zero immunity, and the virus spread.  After an extended lockdown, the curve was flattened (as if that actually means something), but our immunity remained well under 1%.  And the virus remained active.

S flash forward to now.  Let's say that we do shut everything down, and we keep it shut down for two years.  When we reopen, we will still be a nation with less than 20% immunity that will be susceptible to reinvention again.

The ONLY way to beat this is to have a population with at least 65% immunity.  And destroying the economy with a lock down will do absolutely nothing to get us there.

But if you prefer the English approach, I suggest you move there and enjoy their considerably higher mortality rate.  Clearly, the US is doing a better job than the UK.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 01:51:36 pm by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Dr. David Samadi, MD
@drdavidsamadi

I keep hearing about a 4-6 week nationwide lockdown being instituted in January.

There is absolutely no science that would back that up & I think we can all agree it would be the final nail in destroying our country’s economy.

7:13 AM · Nov 12, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/drdavidsamadi/status/1326860727970377730

Dr. David Samadi, MD
@drdavidsamadi

COVID-19 infection rate is rising but the death rate is not.

Stop the foolishness and scare tactics.

It’s getting very old.

7:39 AM · Nov 12, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/drdavidsamadi/status/1326867233713364993

Offline libertybele

@Cyber Liberty

I strongly disagree that this country didn't shut down long enough.  We have to look at the results of shutting down and not just economically which could have been a disaster had Trump's economy and his ability to bring about the lowest unemployment rates in history hadn't been successful prior to the lockdown.

Shutting down parks was blatantly the wrong thing to do -- fresh air and sunshine harmful?  While my hubby was in the hospital a few days ago, I spoke to an infectious disease doctor and an epidemiologist; both stating that some of the best things that you can do to prevent contracting/fighting COVID is to increase your consumption of vitamin D, vitamin C and to stay active and to get fresh air and sunshine.

It was ridiculous and absurd not to be able to gather with family for Easter -- seeing them through a screen door had me in tears.

Now some states are saying you can't gather for Thanksgiving?? Equally absurd.

Going to church and attending mass and hearing the Gospel is harmful?

These are/were all absurd mandates.

If people are sick they obviously need to stay at home until well. Social distancing (to a degree) I agree with at stores and doctors office. 

My husband has tested negative now 2x for COVID yet, they want to dictate that we need to shutdown and stay home?

Shutting down is very harmful to us mentally and physically.  Telehealth appointments are a joke; a doctor cannot listen to your heart, a nurse cannot take your blood pressure, the doctor can't look to see if you have an ear infection, nor can they draw blood, take x-rays, EKG's, etc. 

Let this virus run its course (which it has), just like the flu and keep the restaurants, stores and banks open.

Even wearing masks has proven in some cases to be more harmful than good.  A person wearing a mask for 8-12 hours is harmful -- they are breathing in their own CO2....harmful. 

The CDC has lied, the WHO has lied, the vaccines have been rushed and now under Biden they will be distributed first to the rest of the world. 

Even though I have 3 stents and further complicated health issues, I will resist complying with a mandated shutdown as much as possible.  If I choose to wear a mask that is my choice, but I will walk the parks, get fresh air and sunshine and see loved ones and hear the Word of God.

I would rather take my chance and die because I may contract COVID from a love one then die and not have been able to see them.  Go to any emergency room around my area and they are pretty much empty -- when normally they are full and scrambling to get people through triage. People aren't getting the medical help they need.

Kids aren't getting to make friendships or learn social skills by staying under house arrest, which is exactly what this shutdown is.

Shutting down will be a complete DISASTER and Big Brother is only out to once again control the masses.

IF you and others, (myself included) want to social distance, quarantine, wear masks, that should be by choice.

I WILL NOT COMPLY with government mandates.   

Mark my word this lockdown will be a way for the government to start rounding up people and taking them away and "quarantining" them as they see fit.  Gestapo style --- sound familiar??
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 02:01:51 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
100 percent agree.  We all know what we need to do to be safe.   It's a matter of taking personal responsibility - especially those who know they are at higher risk.   It is insane for the government to destroy our prosperity because it is convinced we are foolish children.   

A-frick'n-men
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

Actually it has already largely surrendered... It is already far less lethal than it was, which is why they now measure cases rather than deaths... Even as artificially elevated as the death toll was, they can't sustain it anymore, because by and large, folks are just refusing to die from this common cold.
It happened months ago. It was probably July when my M.D. friend (in a small town family practice) acknowledged the thing had run its course.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The part of this story that should frighten everyone is how they plan to pay for this forced internment.

Osterholm said the federal government is in a prime position to use borrowed money to pay for such a lockdown package.

“When you look at the personal savings rate in this country, it’s now gone from about 8 percent to over 22 percent,” Osterholm said. “We have a big pool of money out there that we could borrow.”

They want to dip into our 401K’s and our savings to fund this bullsh*t

Progressives have been trying to get their hands on that money for the better part of the last decade.  This is the latest attempt.

And if they succeed we’ll never get it back. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@Cyber Liberty

So explain Sweden. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hoodat

My husband has tested negative now 2x for COVID yet, they want to dictate that we need to shutdown and stay home?

This to me is the biggest example of unscientific idiocy.  People who have contracted and beaten this virus are the greatest protective barrier we have.  Yet they are still treated as if they are potential carriers like the rest of us.  It galls me to no end that people I work with who have gotten and beaten this disease are still being tested and quarantined before every hitch.

I can only wonder of the hypocrisy that will ensue once a vaccine becomes available.  Will vaccine recipients be treated the same as those who acquired their antibodies naturally?  Or will they be given a special status, maybe even a special mark tattooed on their foreheads, granting them special access over those who have shielded us with their immunity for the last several months?

Science, my ass.  There is NOTHING scientific coming from the mask-mandating shutdown fascists.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

England went on 3rd tier restriction this past Monday.  That is the "lock-down" tier.  No leaving the house except for food and doctor.  That will stay in effect until December 2nd.  Wales has been in lock-down, only leave home for food and doctor, for two weeks and came off that this past Monday.  I get a report on Wales and England every week from my son in Wales.

Did your son report this?

Fatality rates

US - 2.3%
UK - 4.0%

Lockdowns kill.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Did your son report this?

Fatality rates

US - 2.3%
UK - 4.0%

Lockdowns kill.

Remember early on when the mortality rates were more like 7-10%  That 2.3% is way overstated for the past few months when you take in account what we have learned in treatment. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

Remember early on when the mortality rates were more like 7-10%  That 2.3% is way overstated for the past few months when you take in account what we have learned in treatment.

Oh, absolutely.  If you remove those who died from pneumonia and heart disease and then add in the stealth cases - those who were asymptomatic and never got tested, that percentage falls to 0.08%.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sooo... I am betting city boy back in Michigan... Most of the Michiganders I know are Yoopers, and they react to snow much like we do up in here... Mainly with indifference.

Nope.  I was raised in the farmland, the nearest big city I never went to because it's a third world shithole was Deetroit, 110 miles away.  I did like visiting Chicago where the wind made the cold even worse.  You are probably correct about the footwear, I didn't even see my first Mukluks until I was already in Phoenix.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

That is basically true, so far, here in the US. Cases are soaring (not as badly as EuroLand, but bad vs. worse is not a pleasant comparison) in the US, but deaths are not, so far. In EuroLand new cases are soaring and deaths are increasing strongly as well.

Shut downs beyond brief ones to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed have one major effect wrt virus spread. Shutdowns severely hinder the development of natural herd immunity; regardless of the length of the shutdown, as soon as opening begins the spread resumes. As fast as OWS and the several drug will have produced safe and effective Covid-19 vaccines, shutting down an entire country for 11 or 12 months to wait for a vaccine would be idiotic.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline roamer_1

Nope.  I was raised in the farmland, the nearest big city I never went to because it's a third world shithole was Deetroit, 110 miles away.  I did like visiting Chicago where the wind made the cold even worse.  You are probably correct about the footwear, I didn't even see my first Mukluks until I was already in Phoenix.   :shrug:

Farm boy? Well I knew there was something I liked about you...  :beer:

Offline roamer_1

That is basically true, so far, here in the US. Cases are soaring (not as badly as EuroLand, but bad vs. worse is not a pleasant comparison) in the US, but deaths are not, so far. In EuroLand new cases are soaring and deaths are increasing strongly as well.

Shut downs beyond brief ones to keep hospitals from being overwhelmed have one major effect wrt virus spread. Shutdowns severely hinder the development of natural herd immunity; regardless of the length of the shutdown, as soon as opening begins the spread resumes. As fast as OWS and the several drug will have produced safe and effective Covid-19 vaccines, shutting down an entire country for 11 or 12 months to wait for a vaccine would be idiotic.

The thing is the interloper... The active and infected that move between groups. Once a group is exposed, the virus will infect the group till relative herd immunity is achieved...

And there is always always an interloper. It is how it works. That is why rural settings do not have nearly the infection rate. there are far fewer interlopers moving between groups.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Farm boy? Well I knew there was something I liked about you...  :beer:

:beer: :beer:

I was never meant to "Be" the farmer (too scrawny), so I went into Tech so I could make some money....

But my heart was always "country."  That's one reason why I couldn't wait to get the heck out of Phoenix when I retired.  My "smallish" town has the right balance:  Isolation in a Castle in the foothills, with Docs and Hospitals a short drive away.  Most importantly, given a week's notice, I can get my beer replenished in the Castle Bar.
I will NOT comply.