Author Topic: Pardon My Perplexity, But Why Should We Be Gracious?  (Read 15908 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Pardon My Perplexity, But Why Should We Be Gracious?
« Reply #325 on: November 14, 2020, 04:44:16 pm »
At any point between certification up until the end of an election, anyone can gain access to a machine and alter the code.  Anyone.  No password needed, by design.

Yeah, I believe that to be bullcrap. I think it is probably true for testing and simulation purposes, and because those testing and simulation scenarios exist, folks have their hair on fire. But standard IT practice on sensitive machines would be a lockdown... every port has a mechanical door that can be locked, to include the monitor and keyboard access.

I find it very hard to believe that a state elections board with both parties in attendance would not have reasonable IT professionals in service, and such a locked down scenario. Heck, even my headless servers here are locked out, taking instruction only from an RDP port and/or a VNC port, and both of those passworded. And mine are not secure servers.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #326 on: November 14, 2020, 04:55:06 pm »
Yeah, I believe that to be bullcrap. I think it is probably true for testing and simulation purposes, and because those testing and simulation scenarios exist, folks have their hair on fire. But standard IT practice on sensitive machines would be a lockdown... every port has a mechanical door that can be locked, to include the monitor and keyboard access.

I find it very hard to believe that a state elections board with both parties in attendance would not have reasonable IT professionals in service, and such a locked down scenario. Heck, even my headless servers here are locked out, taking instruction only from an RDP port and/or a VNC port, and both of those passworded. And mine are not secure servers.

Your shooting yourself with this, imo.  ONLY IT pros that have access to the code. Maybe I am wrong, tell me so.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #327 on: November 14, 2020, 04:56:31 pm »

Do you think that the local election officials have even the most remote idea of what "company" technicians actually do when they "service" those tabulating machines @roamer_1? I sure as hell don't! In fact, I know damned well they don't because I was one of those local officials for more than 25 years!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #328 on: November 14, 2020, 04:57:06 pm »

And that is where it broke down.  There are repeated instances where the Rats excluded the GOP from the process.  In Arizona, the Chair of the Maricopa GOP just resigned when it was discovered he failed to sign off on the use of Dominion to count the ballots, so that was also illegal.

Democrats break the law.  Quoters of Election Laws consistently fail to take that into account.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #329 on: November 14, 2020, 05:08:40 pm »
Your shooting yourself with this, imo.  ONLY IT pros that have access to the code. Maybe I am wrong, tell me so.

Well yeah, but that is always so... I am accustomed to lockdown conditions for Chain of Custody purposes... with a knowledgeable IT guy looking over my shoulder at every moment. Same goes for hard drive destruction...

As far as the code itself - the finished software would be in an installation package with an m5d checksum provided - The initial software is thus tamperproof. The working software, less it's configuration files, will also be testable in it's various parts according to file size and dates. I do this all the time with operating system files to see if they've become corrupt, or some outdated .dll file didn't get replaced...

Configuration is another thing though, as those files change by their nature, but can be captured at a specific time (like upon certification)... and a 'picture' taken of the software, or the whole dang machine to have a sure record of the machine and software state at the time of cert.

So no, it is pretty hard to change a forensically recorded system.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #330 on: November 14, 2020, 05:11:57 pm »
Do you think that the local election officials have even the most remote idea of what "company" technicians actually do when they "service" those tabulating machines @roamer_1? I sure as hell don't! In fact, I know damned well they don't because I was one of those local officials for more than 25 years!

Probably not. But the local yokels would not normally be able to access the system in an editable way, if having any access at all.

But state certifiers would likely be charged with that responsibility, not local boards.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #331 on: November 14, 2020, 05:13:07 pm »
Well yeah, but that is always so... I am accustomed to lockdown conditions for Chain of Custody purposes... with a knowledgeable IT guy looking over my shoulder at every moment. Same goes for hard drive destruction...

As far as the code itself - the finished software would be in an installation package with an m5d checksum provided - The initial software is thus tamperproof. The working software, less it's configuration files, will also be testable in it's various parts according to file size and dates. I do this all the time with operating system files to see if they've become corrupt, or some outdated .dll file didn't get replaced...

Configuration is another thing though, as those files change by their nature, but can be captured at a specific time (like upon certification)... and a 'picture' taken of the software, or the whole dang machine to have a sure record of the machine and software state at the time of cert.

So no, it is pretty hard to change a forensically recorded system.

This is my point. How can anyone down the line say this is bad code if they don't know the original code is effed up?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #332 on: November 14, 2020, 05:13:13 pm »
And that is where it broke down.  There are repeated instances where the Rats excluded the GOP from the process.  In Arizona, the Chair of the Maricopa GOP just resigned when it was discovered he failed to sign off on the use of Dominion to count the ballots, so that was also illegal.

Democrats break the law.  Quoters of Election Laws consistently fail to take that into account.

And like I said, any irregularities like that should be prosecuted.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #333 on: November 14, 2020, 05:15:21 pm »
This is my point. How can anyone down the line say this is bad code if they don't know the original code is effed up?

The original code is not effed up if it is in it's certified state in it's installation package, with an m5d (or like) checksum provided.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #334 on: November 14, 2020, 05:18:54 pm »
A "Hand Count" is not the be-all, end-all of accuracy.  A human is only capable of "3 Sigma" accuracy, which translates to about 99.3% accuracy.  Not bad, but not good enough either.  A machine is capable of "6 Sigma," which much tighter and measured in "parts per million."  6 Sigma is about 6 ppm.

@Cyber Liberty

And here I was thinking a "3 Sigma" meant me and 3 college babes.

Note to self. MUST contact Santa soon!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #335 on: November 14, 2020, 05:22:06 pm »
Georgia

Just to put an end to this LIE that Georgia Republicans abandoned Trump but voted straight GOP down ticket:

• 99.973% of David Perdue voters also voted for Trump.  In other words, out of 2,458,665 Perdue voters, only 663 of them failed to vote for Trump.

• Biden received 4.22% more votes for than did John Ossoff.  In other words, 100,000 people cast votes for Biden without casting votes for down-ticket Democrats.

Think about that.  One hundred thousand ballots were submitted with only one race filled out.  And these ballots were concentrated in only two counties - Fulton and Dekalb.  Can you say "ballot harvesting"?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #336 on: November 14, 2020, 05:28:14 pm »
And like I said, any irregularities like that should be prosecuted.

They won't be, if a Rat becomes the new AG.  The states will drop the prosecutions if the Feds do.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #337 on: November 14, 2020, 05:28:42 pm »
Georgia

Just to put an end to this LIE that Georgia Republicans abandoned Trump but voted straight GOP down ticket:

• 99.973% of David Perdue voters also voted for Trump.  In other words, out of 2,458,665 Perdue voters, only 663 of them failed to vote for Trump.

• Biden received 4.22% more votes for than did John Ossoff.  In other words, 100,000 people cast votes for Biden without casting votes for down-ticket Democrats.

Think about that.  One hundred thousand ballots were submitted with only one race filled out.  And these ballots were concentrated in only two counties - Fulton and Dekalb.  Can you say "ballot harvesting"?

@Hoodat

How do you know those weren't real people who just didn't have enough time to mark more than one box because of emergencies like the Free Clinic closing soon,some bitch dun need slapp-in in place,gotta get back to the squat causen de publik housin nazi done gonna cum by and see ifn my bitch be living aloan,de liquor stoe closin soon,it's past my bedtime,or even "the grass round mah grave ain't gonna cut itself!"

There are all kinds of reasons for only one box to be marked,but "late for a Mensa meeting" is NEVER one of them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #338 on: November 14, 2020, 05:31:05 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

And here I was thinking a "3 Sigma" meant me and 3 college babes.

Note to self. MUST contact Santa soon!

LOL!  Back in my college days in the 70's, we had the Sorority "Sigma Sigma Sigma,"  AKA "Tri-Sigs." 

Their nickname was "Tri-Pigs."
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #339 on: November 14, 2020, 05:31:06 pm »
They won't be, if a Rat becomes the new AG.  The states will drop the prosecutions if the Feds do.

Many of the states in question have Republican legislatures. If they sweep it under the rug, you'll know why I am not a Republican anymore.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #340 on: November 14, 2020, 05:35:27 pm »
Probably not. But the local yokels would not normally be able to access the system in an editable way, if having any access at all.

But state certifiers would likely be charged with that responsibility, not local boards.

Yep!  And the state of Texas refused to certify Dominion systems three separate times!

https://21stcenturywire.com/2020/11/10/state-of-texas-refused-to-certify-dominion-voting-systems-for-its-elections-in-2020/

But in Georgia, and likely many more states, this, or something closely akin, happened.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #341 on: November 14, 2020, 05:36:24 pm »
Georgia

:yowsa:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #342 on: November 14, 2020, 05:40:02 pm »

Which is the way it should be.  However, this is local government we are talking about here.  Think lowest common denominator.  Anyone could have accessed those machines.  Anyone.  Even the IT workers themselves.  None of these people incur background checks.  Many are already blatantly political and would fail one if implemented.  These types of people do not exist in your security world.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #343 on: November 14, 2020, 05:41:43 pm »
Many of the states in question have Republican legislatures. If they sweep it under the rug, you'll know why I am not a Republican anymore.

ICYMI, I'm agreeing with you on this.
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #344 on: November 14, 2020, 05:44:04 pm »
@Hoodat

How do you know those weren't real people who just didn't have enough time to mark more than one box because of emergencies like  .  .  .

More likely, someone sitting at a table with a stack of mail-in ballots in front of them thinking, "I'm only getting paid for Biden votes.  Screw filling in the rest of these boxes."

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #345 on: November 14, 2020, 05:45:28 pm »

I'm with you on that.  100%.  Unfortunately, the Republican candidate is the only one offering me a ride to the dance.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #346 on: November 14, 2020, 05:46:03 pm »
Which is the way it should be.  However, this is local government we are talking about here.  Think lowest common denominator.  Anyone could have accessed those machines.  Anyone.  Even the IT workers themselves.  None of these people incur background checks.  Many are already blatantly political and would fail one if implemented.  These types of people do not exist in your security world.

In my experience, it is standard practice to have IT techs from the vendors standing by on election day "to do what needs to be done" in case there are any "glitches"

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #347 on: November 14, 2020, 05:47:15 pm »
Yep!  And the state of Texas refused to certify Dominion systems three separate times!

https://21stcenturywire.com/2020/11/10/state-of-texas-refused-to-certify-dominion-voting-systems-for-its-elections-in-2020/

But in Georgia, and likely many more states, this, or something closely akin, happened.

Then it should show in the recount in GA... Like I said all along, I am all for prosecution. But like in all things, I want actionable proof, not internet gossip. If what you believe is true, the hand count should necessarily expose electronic tampering.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #348 on: November 14, 2020, 05:48:55 pm »
LOL!  Back in my college days in the 70's, we had the Sorority "Sigma Sigma Sigma,"  AKA "Tri-Sigs." 

Their nickname was "Tri-Pigs."

I think every school had a third tier organization.  Zeta Tau Alpha was Zits, Tits, and Armpits.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #349 on: November 14, 2020, 05:52:15 pm »

Sure they do - They're called 'Users'  :silly:

And it is not local government. It is state election certification boards. That's going to have access to high level IT folks that should be able to subvert any widespread tampering. Locked machines in kiosk mode is what is at the local level.