Author Topic: Biden expected to issue swift reversals on climate  (Read 493 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden expected to issue swift reversals on climate
« on: November 10, 2020, 03:00:26 pm »
Biden expected to issue swift reversals on climate
By Rebecca Beitsch and Rachel Frazin - 11/10/20 06:00 AM EST

Early action on climate change from President-elect Joe Biden is likely to start with a series of executive orders reversing President Trump’s environmental policies, laying the groundwork for an administration that has vowed to sharply curb emissions.

Environmentalists are optimistic about Biden’s climate agenda, particularly given his remarks on the topic both before and after the election. On Saturday, after he surged across the 270 electoral vote threshold, Biden cited “the battle to save the climate” among his top five priorities, calling for the nation to “marshal the forces of science” along with decency, hope and fairness.

“The fact that climate has made it into every speech -- it’s one of top issues on the transition website -- I think that really bodes well for taking the federal agencies and shaking them by their shoulders and turning them into the light,” said Nada Culver, an attorney with the Audubon Society.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/525233-biden-expected-to-issue-swift-reversals-on-climate
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline AL

Re: Biden expected to issue swift reversals on climate
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 03:15:58 pm »
If the electric companies had any guts, they'd turn off the power grid for a week or two, just so they could get and idea of what they voted for with this clown.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 03:21:10 pm »
If the electric companies had any guts, they'd turn off the power grid for a week or two, just so they could get and idea of what they voted for with this clown.

Really looking forward to that solar powered jet. ...     :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 04:46:56 pm »
When asked how all the workers who end up getting fired or just losing their jobs because the government drove their industries out of business,Slow Joe replied "No problem! We still have plenty of paper,and we can just print checks to send them!"

Yes,the Dim voters and many of their political leaders really ARE that stupid.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 04:47:53 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 04:54:15 pm »
When asked how all the workers who end up getting fired or just losing their jobs because the government drove their industries out of business,Slow Joe replied "No problem! We still have plenty of paper,and we can just print checks to send them!"

Yes,the Dim voters and many of their political leaders really ARE that stupid.

I worked in the oil industry for nearly 40 years, and can honestly say that a modern society can not sustain without fossil fuels.  In our future enviro-whacko U(dys)topia, they may rid our country of petrochemical manufacturng sites, but the cold cruel hard facts, will be that they will still have to be procured, at what will likely be 3X to 4X the cost as import.   Again apply at least that 3X to 4X cost to every gallon of gas, every KWH you use at home,  and every single thing that is a derivative of a petrochemical product, plastic..rubber...on and on. 

Our enemies will feast on our return to the 19th century. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 05:29:43 pm »
Five dollar gas will come to pass.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2020, 05:30:45 pm »

True, Biden will pass five dollar gas.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 06:08:04 pm »
Five dollars a gallon for gas will serve my husband right.  He is an environmental whacko who thinks he is going to singlehandedly going to "save the planet".  His idea is to freeze your buns off in winter with no heat, sweat your buns off in summer with no air conditioning and tripping over the cats because he keeps all the lights in the house off.  Slow Joe and Al Gore are his heros.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2020, 07:40:13 pm »
Five dollars a gallon for gas will serve my husband right.  He is an environmental whacko who thinks he is going to singlehandedly going to "save the planet".  His idea is to freeze your buns off in winter with no heat, sweat your buns off in summer with no air conditioning and tripping over the cats because he keeps all the lights in the house off.  Slow Joe and Al Gore are his heros.

Wait what?   he's not your EX husband by now!   LOL
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2020, 01:02:34 am »

@rustynail

Doesn't bother any of our political leaders or their paymasters because they don't buy their own gas. The politicians ride around free in goobermint cars,and their Monied Moharch Masters write their expenses off their taxes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2020, 01:05:18 am »

@LottieDah

Ok,I ain't no expert on all that relationship crap,but it seems to me there are some questions you need to be asking yourself.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2020, 03:14:38 am »
This will end our energy independence

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2020, 03:38:35 am »
I'll believe it when I see it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024